Replies

• smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I meant Fergie back when she was still singing with the group "Wild Orchid"
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've met a lot of 80's and 90's hair bands (Bret Michaels comes to mind). I also met some NASCAR drivers. I met Opie and Anthony from the Opie and Anthony Show. I've met some comedians that go on that show (Jim Norton, Patrice O'Neal, etc). No one TOO exciting though.
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    In LA I've encountered:

Hugh Laurie & Matthew Gray Gubler at the same coffee shop in the same day. (Weird...)
    Alex Trebek attending a performance of Wicked at the Pantages. (I introduced myself to him, he said, "Hi, I'm Alex" and then I awkwardly walked away)
    Mischa Barton (took a portrait which I was excited about!)
    Robert Pattinson, Kristen Bell, Kirsten Dunst, AND Busy Phillips were all at the same Jenny & Johnny show.

Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't seen more.

Edited to add: I also took photos of one of Ryan Gosling's band, Dead Man's Bones' shows, a year and a half back. I didn't get to meet him but standing 10 feet away from him was good enough for me :love:

One more depending on how you define celebrity, but I met Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine outside her first LA show. I was so starstruck, I LOVE HER! :smooched:
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    Chris Tomlin
    David Crowder
    Jeremy Camp

Lucky! love them all! Especially Chris Tomlin!!! :)
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    In LA I've encountered:

Hugh Laurie & Matthew Gray Gubler at the same coffee shop in the same day. (Weird...)
    Alex Trebek attending a performance of Wicked at the Pantages. (I introduced myself to him, he said, "Hi, I'm Alex" and then I awkwardly walked away)
    Mischa Barton (took a portrait which I was excited about!)
    Robert Pattinson, Kristen Bell, Kirsten Dunst, AND Busy Phillips were all at the same Jenny & Johnny show.

Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't seen more.

Edited to add: I also took photos of one of Ryan Gosling's band, Dead Man's Bones' shows, a year and a half back. I didn't get to meet him but standing 10 feet away from him was good enough for me :love:

One more depending on how you define celebrity, but I met Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine outside her first LA show. I was so starstruck, I LOVE HER! :smooched:

OMG! You are so lucky! I adore Hugh Laurie and Matthew Gray Gubler! Did you get to speak with them? Sigs? I'm hoping to get Hugh's next month, but if not, that's cool too. I got front row fix, so a nice view anyways! lol

Tracy
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mainly hockey players, but hello -- I love them! :)

I met Trevor Linden the night he was first traded from Vancouver. His heart was broken and it was so obvious, but he was such a genuinely nice guy. Love that man.

I know Emilie Ullerup from Sanctuary; she's been my cousin's best friend for years. Such a nice person, and genuinely the most physically gorgeous woman I've ever seen in person -- sans makeup.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I met Vanilla Ice...he sang Happy Birthday to me last year :laugh:

I attended a taping of a Canadian talent show that my uncle was on, Vanilla Ice was one of the judges. During warmups my Aunt announced it was my birthday and he sang
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Hudson she was sooo sweet.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    My grandparents used to own a Italian place when I was a kid and all the old school pro wrestlers would come there and eat all o the time. So, I've met Hulk Hogan, The Crusher, The Iron Sheik, Ricky Steamboat, the Gagne's, Jimmy Snuka, and Dusty Roads. Met Goldberg once too.
  • AliAliMay
    Options
    @PrettyLittleK - so jealous you've met One Direction! Are they nice?

I've met Bowling For Soup, Half of McFly & Gok Wan (think that's it!)

They are lovely. Got on really well with them. Sat chatting like we were all friends. Was amazing!
  • 1) Barry Sanders
    2) Brooks Robinson
    3) Evander Holyfield
    4) Kirb Herbstret
    5) Lee Corso
    6) Trey Wingo
    7) Mark Cuban
  • silverchick
    silverchick Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I met Jared Leto at a 30 Seconds to Mars concert. And yes he's even better looking in person.

I was so nervous getting his autograph and he looks up at me with those gorgeous eyes and says, "How are you doing?" All I could say back was "Uhh....fiiinnne." Then I walked away. Hahaha.

I've also met Billy Talent (all guys are super nice) and everyone from Our Lady Peace EXCEPT Raine Maida (he was a douche and snuck into their van without signing any autographs, even though there was only 6 of us waiting and we were out in the cold for over 2 hours). The other guys were super nice.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've met Darren Hayes, the guys from Ghozt Crew, and next month I'm meeting my ultimate idols, Aqua!!! So excited!
  • SilverStrychnine
    Options

I also rode in an elevator with Gabriel Byrne,

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! I would do naughty, NAUGHTY things with that man!!
  • SilverStrychnine
    Options
    Oh, and I had a one-night stand with the lead singer of a local band (St Arthur, they'd been getting heaps of airtime on the radio at that time)

And it was fantastic.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    1.Brent Spiner
    2.Margot Kidder
    3.Allison Fischer
    4.Larry Thomas
    5.Lou Ferrigno
    6.Adam West
    7.Burt Ward
    8.Wolfman Jack
    9.Torrie Wilson
    10.Kevin Nash
    11.Nate Newton
    12.Ed Jones
  • SilverStrychnine
    Options
    OMG like I forgot this one!!!! I went to school with Miranda Kerr!!!! She's super nice :)
  • ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was a waitress and got to serve Dog the Bounty Hunter, Beth, Leland, Dwayne, a manager and a few crew. DOG and BETH were the RUDEST people ever. Everyone else was great and exciting to talk to, but those two really tested my patience. I don't care WHO you are, be respectful to your waitstaff!
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    1. Jeff Dunham
    2. Catherine Bach ( original Dukes of Hazzard's Daisy)
    3. Carol Duvall

A friend of mine is a animator at Nicklelodeon and just won an Emmy. I doubt Ernie will become a household name but it's still pretty cool just the same.