Have you met anyone famous?

Options

Replies

• fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I met Anthony Rapp a couple times when he was performing RENT in Chicago. I made him a doll that looked like his character and I was soooo nervous when I gave it to him that i could barely speak.

Firehouse -- they were awesome....they signed my wedding album!

Dog and Beth Chapman.....they were soooo nice!

Met all of the cast of RENT in Chicago back in the days when we would sit out front for tickets all day long. A lot of them have done Broadway....Karen Olivo (she won a Tony for West Side Story), Manley Pope, Christian Anderson, Simone (who is the daughter of Nina Simone), Amy Spanger, Shaun Earl.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've met Weird Al Yankovic and the bands Slipknot, Mudvayne, Biohazrd, Dope, Amon Amarth, and Cold
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Well my hubby and I are somewhat groupies and hang out after concerts, so we've met quite a few bands.

Bands/Musicians:
    Ozzy (got a pic with him!)
    Pantera (oh Dimebag :love: and I blushed when Phil said I was cute and he liked my shirt!! :blushing:
    Drowning Pool (see them everytime they come to town - CJ the guitarist is a real cool guy) So was the first singer that died.
    Lacuna Coil - my fave :heart: they are awesome!
    Puddle of Mudd
    Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)- got his book and autograph
    Korn - got a pic with Fieldy and Head- Jonathan wouldn't do it- jerk!
    Coal Chamber- when they were together
    Stone Sour (<3 Corey Taylor!)
    Linkin Park
    Tesla
    Halestorm, New Medicine, Like A Storm, Saliva, Hurt, Candlebox...and a ton more..

Oh and I lived with the lead guitarist of Tim McGraw for a few months (he was my MIL's husband, till she divorced him). I could have met Tim, but declined. Not a fan. Did run into Kenny Chesney when i went to the dreadful concert...I didn't even know who he was backstage- I was like who is that *kitten* standing in front of me? lol

Actors:
    Cast of Revenge of the Nerds- got a pic with all of them :D
    Henry Winkler (The Fonz) what a nice guy!!
    Edward Furlong - kind of a jerk- charging a **** ton for autographs
    C Thomas Howell (Ponyboy!) he was super nice
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    most of the current line up for the Texas Rangers
    Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach
    Ralphie Mays
    Hal Sparks
    Jared Leto
    Tony Romo while singing karaoke
    Chuck Norris when he was filming Walker Texas Ranger near my HS
    Kelly Clarkson.. but before American Idol, we worked at the same movie theater
    George Strait
    Fred Durst
    Cypress Hill at a bowling alley.

when I was younger I auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club and I met some cast members.. buuuuut I don't really remember who so umm I met some MMC members don't remember if it was any of the more popular ones b/c well they didn't leave a big impact on me.. is that terrible? possibly but eh.

I can't think of any more even though I think I'm missing someone..
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lot's of former and current Blackhawks. Some in passing, some many times, some down to a conversational level. I have never met any that weren't very down to earth.

The highlights include Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita (my boyhood hero), Tony Espositio, Chris Chelios (actually played an entire summer of hockey with him when he played for the Canadiens). Scotty Bowman, Joel Queneville and the entire coaching staff. Also played High School hockey against Tony Granato.

Outside of hockey, Max Weinberg of the E Street band (Huge Springsteen fan). I run an entertainment facility and ice rink that occasionally is visited by "celeb's". Kirk Cameron, Jason Castro, Jodie Sweetin (full house).

Brian Urlacher and several Chicago Bears come by often because we are near their practice facility..

One of the Hanson brothers from slapshot came out and played in full garb when we had the bass player from Godsmack rent the ice when they were opening up for Metallica in Milwaukee.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I'm a Hip Hop Head. :laugh:

Heavy D
    Rakim
    Bushwick Bill
  • GorillaEye
    GorillaEye Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What actually qualifies? Standing in same room (not in a concert), shake hand or interaction?
    So in varying degrees through work and circumstance:

Jimmy Buffett - various 1970's early 1980
    Andy Gibb, Maurice Gibb - Criterion Studios
    Neil Young - on his yacht during Bicentennial Concert
    Dr. Hook - he chased after my sister Jean
    KC and the Sunshine Band
    Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
    and I am sure I am forgetting somebody during 1976 - 1980

oh yea - LOL I dated Mickey Alzola, Gene Hackman's stunt double in the 80's that was a kick.

Barack Obama - 2007 during campaign- Yay Democrats!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I met: Megadeth, Dream Theater, The Alan Parsons Project, Yes, Eddie Cibrian (who was super nice and charming even if I was 16 at the time, we had a group snack at a Super Zellers, he gave me his chair and sat right beside me), a few local artists (from my province of origins, but kind of big around here).
  • Nichole23225
    Nichole23225 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In the 90's the company I was with was host for an annual conference that always had a keynote speaker. So... I've shook hands with and met: Danny Glover, Johnnie Cochran (the OJ Simpson trial lawyer) and Wally Amos (of Famous Amos cookies - I even danced with him).

In 2002 I was on a TLC program searching for the Ugliest Kitchen in America - and had Doug Wilson from Trading Spaces at my house all day. He was pretty nice. Didn't win the makeover, but when he's in town at events I'll go and he'll remember me and my ugly kitchen.

The best though is when I ran into Harry Connick, Jr. at the local CVS here in Richmond, VA. He was in town filming a movie and luck would have it we both stopped in to pick up a prescription. No one else in the place recognized him except for me and I stalked him until he came into he parking lot and we had a lovely 3 minute conversation. He was fantastic!

Dream though is to meet all the members of Duran Duran, but unwilling to pay $$$ for VIP meet and greets.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I'm SO Jealous!

Alan Rickman - I had a drink with him

And you lived to tell the tale! :laugh:
    Ohh and CHUCK NORRIS!!!!
    How could I have forgotten him!!
    Didn't actually meet him but he was eating in the same restaurant as me, which was so cool! :bigsmile:

I met Eddie Rabbit when I was about 12. He was nicer than most regular people I know.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Author, Tim Dorsey. Not sure he counts as "famous" or not, but I love his books.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I met: Megadeth, Dream Theater, The Alan Parsons Project, Yes, Eddie Cibrian (who was super nice and charming even if I was 16 at the time, we had a group snack at a Super Zellers, he gave me his chair and sat right beside me), a few local artists (from my province of origins, but kind of big around here).

I knew I had a few other names: Mark Walhberg and Ludacris while they were filming Max Payne in Toronto. Ludacris is so tiny, he has lost the gangsta image in my head.
  • hbar98
    hbar98 Posts: 39
    Options
    I've been to Dragon Con a few times...so lots? John de Lancie snubbed me in the hallway once...Oh! I have Adam Savage's autograph on my camera case.
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Kylie Minogue came into a restaurant i worked at back in 1989, & yes she is that small.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    colin farrell bought me a shot. i was vacationing in virginia and i guess he was there filming a movie... i'm not special tho, he bought the whole bar a shot :) very nice guy
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Bruce Willis (dad's best friend is married to his bodyguard)

Stephen Baldwin

and met Ric Flair a few weeks ago..."To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!...WOOO!!" (btw, he looks awful and can barely walk lol)
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't really think of them as celebrities because you see them EVERYwhere, but I've met quite a few of the red sox. I even told Sean Casey once that we were closed and couldnt make him a steak sub. Sorry hon!

Everyone got mad at me, because Sean Casey is the nicest guy in the MLB. He was super cute too. Oh well.
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    Yep...I met Ozzy Osbourne, Dave Mustaine and Josh Todd
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I met Brooklyn Decker (SI Swim Suit model/Actress, married to tennis pro Andy Rod****) at the 2011 US Open Tournament.

I've also met the 2005 NFL #1 Draft Pick, Alex Smith.

Michael Phelps

ETA: Just noticed MFP edited Andy's name. hahaha that made my day.
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hugh Jackman-my biggest claim to fame is to have met him several times on Broadway. Once, he pulled me out of the audience during a show and made me dance. Most recently, on 11/22/11's episode of THE VIEW, he kissed me on National TV. That was really cool.
    Ashley Judd
    Fran Dresher (The Nanny)
    Maura Tierney (ER)
    Eric McCormack (Will from Will and Grace)
    Julie Reyes (Carla from Scrubs)
    Sandi Patti (Christian singer)
    Keith Urban
    Jake Owen (country singer-Bare Foot Bluejean Night-Met him 3 times)
    The whole cast of Lady Antebellum (Charles and Dave grew up in my home town)
    Jim Bakker (used to sing at PTL a LONG time ago)
    Donald Sutherland
    Patrick Wilson