40 +? anyone

Options

Replies

• msShari1
    Options
    I turned 40 this year and would like to make it a year to remember by losing 30 pounds! I'm just a few weeks into this and feeling great about my progress. I work full time in an office job and have two young sons, ages 8 and 4. I'm not into exercising but I do try to be active. Really focusing on eating well for now. Feel free to friend me!
  • Tamber1969
    Tamber1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also over 40 and since my son is 15 now I guess I need to stop blaming this on "baby fat"!! LOL. I would love to add some of you ladies for support and encouragement. I am getting married this year (3rd times a charm!) and could really use the help. Good luck to all of you and hopefully we can all help each other through this life change.

Tammy
  • GallopingGrannie
    Options
    Hi I'm 51 and tired of being a chunky butt. I look forward to chatting with you gals and helping me stay on track of losing weight.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sure are lots of us here!! Welcome!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/618-moms-over-40
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44 and been here 6 days. I feel so discouraged in myself because I keep eating over my calorie everyday!! I am going to have to make better food choices because I just get hungry. Help - and I just logged on to the website (been using my phone) and these messages are inspirational.

To tell about me, I have had 5 children and the last one 3 years ago at 41. My metabolism is really slowing down and everything I eat runs to the scales to wait for me! Ha! I like food and stay so busy that I grab food on the go most of the time.
    i changed from the calorie amount for 2lb loss to the one for 1lb loss and it worked it feels more positive than constantly failing .it also means if i'm slightly under or exercise i get an extra loss hope this helps x
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 yr old son...and still trying to lose the "baby fat"....HA HA!! Welcome to the club! You have joined an awesome site!! Good Luck to you~
    Lori
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Whew! I was getting lonely with all the young ones around!! I'm 42 years old, mom of one gorgeous 16 year old daughter. I work full time, and have 80lbs to lose.

I had lost 12lbs on this site in about 8 weeks in the fall but then two night classes and going back to work full time and the holidays made me just crash and burn. No classes this term..just getting myself back into the gym routine!

Learning to make healthier more filling choices instead of just filling my face with convenience, AND to not jump into workouts like i'm on the Biggest Loser, causing my injuries and (older) self lots of pain and discouragement. This time, slow and steady wins the race!

Feel free to send me a message and i'll add you as a friend (any of you reading this) if you want some support and can offer some back on a daily basis!
    xo
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and will be 45 in May. I tried WW one time and had some success but I didn't stick with it. I need daily motivation! I am going to lose 60 pounds. I have been exercising frequently, and I make myself exercise when I don't feel like it. I have a pudgy stomach and I would like to get rid of it. One of my favorite work out DVDs is Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Mile Walk by Leslie Sansone. Sometimes I do this DVD 2 to 3 times a day! I have fun with it!

I am always in need of more support. If you or anyone else would like to friend me, that would be awesome! :) Thanks for joining MFP!
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    42 & 2 grown daughters! Yeah, ALL of mine goes to my stomach, boobs & butt! lol Feel free to add me! Taking one day at a time here!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • barefoot75
    barefoot75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today. I am 44 years old. Been going to the gym for about 8 months now and while I am building muscle and I see results I am still gaining weight. 90% of what I want / need to loose is in my mid section. I am tall so I don't look as big as I am.

Lorna
  • Teresaon
    Options
    Hi I've just starated - on day three - and also new to online stuff! I'm 42, 3 kids and never give any thought to the amount of calories I was consuming before. I have a family wedding to go to on the 17 March and want to loose 20lb by then. Day 1 was good but cravings for sweets stuff and wine kicked off in day 2. I did falter a bit but nowhere near what I would have had in any normal day - so I reckon I'm still on track.

Welcome any friends for support.

Teresa
  • Teresaon
    Options
    Hi

I've just started and need some friends for support. tMy diary is also open - I would like to compare with others to see if I can work out my pitfalls. Would welcome the support.

Teresa
  • angelabest
    Options
    47 and loving it! I'm a fitness coach and a nutrition coach. I can tell you I see all kinds of ladies and belly fat is pretty common! You are not alone. Hormone changes, lifestyle and our bodies instinct to hold on to viseral fat that protects internal organs makes it difficult and often the last place to lose. BUT, have faith. Stay the course, eat healthy and smaller portions and it will shrink. My own waistline got me on the journey of what I do. Loving this site for keeping track of what I do and giving me an indication of vitamin and mineral intake.:smile:
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 last year and I had 3 kids, all c sections, so it seems like that belly isn't gonna budge, no matter what working out I do.
    Feel free to add me!
  • hunstybear
    Options
    I'm 44! and 5 ft tall, need to loose about 25-30 pounds. Seems my belly is an issue too. Heres to hoping I loose this.
  • tammy510
    Options
    Yep! I'm going to be 48, it has been one year today that I started on the weight loss journey. Had four children and now have 7 grandchildren. Wanted to be around for them! Have lost 80 pds so far, wanted to lose 100 last year but didn't quit get through the holidays! Have about 30 more to go, hope to make it by April! Good luck, you can do it! :)
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 and two children age 4 and 7. My goal was similar to yours. Last year I managed to lose 14 lbs and I still have been 7 and 14 to go. I mainly lost the weight by calorie counting last year but now my youngest is at school, I am adding exercise into the mix. I have started the Couch to 5K running programme this week, use Wii Fit and I am awaiting delivery of a few exercise DVDs - Jilliam Michael's 30 day shred and Davina. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I'm 40... 41 in March... I have 5 kids, ages 18, 20, 21, 22 and 23 and 2 gorgeous granddaughters! Just keep fighting, it'll come off... and feel free to add me for support :)