40 +? anyone

Options

Replies

• PirateGary
    Options
    I was 40 years ago and yeah, when I had kids for some reason all my weight went right to my belly too, which is kind of weird since I didn’t actually *have* them. Anyway, laying out what you want and why is a smart start. People here are remarkable role models so you will do great. Take it one day at a time, and make sure you do something you know you *should*, even if it's little things in the beginning. The positive effects will snowball over time and each little accomplishment reminds you that you can do it.
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome! Congratulations on making a start! I am 40 will be 41 in July and have three beautiffual girls 18, 12 and 6...yes every six years!!! I started yesterday also, we can take this journey together!!
  • rockchalkgrove
    rockchalkgrove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 42 (I will be 43 in March). I have a 17 year old daughter, 25 year old step-son, 23 year old step-daughter! After I turned 40, I started getting into shape again. I run 5Ks now and last fall I completed my first Iron Girl Duathlon! I'm doing things now at the age of 42 that I couldn't do in my 30s! I started on here 10 days ago. I have made many friends keeping me motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • Hoothill
    Options
    Yup... turned 48 last month and have 2 kids (11, 13)... This is a great sight and I'm really looking forward to hear how you're doing with attaining your goals!!!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 with 3 daughters. I also have found it much harder to lose weight the past few years. I'm hoping that tracking my diet and calories will help. It is enlightening for sure! I'm also doing Jillian's 30 day shred. Good luck to all!
  • scompton54
    Options
    I'm 57 and have three kids 30, 27 and 25. I have been up and down with my weight for a lot of my life although never really obese. All my weight gravitates to my belly.....I'm definitely an apple, not a pear. :smile:

I found this site last ear but have onl really started using it and the support this week. good luck to all of us.
  • Charlestonairmen
    Options
    hello all... i'm 47. I was going to the gym every other day prior to May. I was and still think i'm in great shape. I lifted and ran alot due to me being in the Air Force. I had a heart attack in May, made it through thank God!! I want to get back to where i was. I'm from SC..........
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Just have to say, you 40 plus women are rocking it. You look so much younger.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Almost 42 here...my profile just about says it all about me. Nothing exciting, but maybe I could be motivational. I am currently working on the toning part of this lifestyle change.
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    Just turned 40 in Nov. Going to be a grandma in Aug. So I'm trying to get back in shape. I used this site last year and it was the only thing that has ever worked as for as losing weight in a healthy way without starving myself. I just started again yesterday and already starting to feel better agian. Good luck to you.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    40 here, have children 21yrs -22mo
  • supersonic71
    Options
    Half way through my 40th year and I started yesterday. I'm setting a small goal of losing 5 lbs. I've been overweight my entire life, but marriage & two kids and a 2-hour (round trip) daily commute have taken its toll. Time to focus on me so I can be healthy and enjoy my life. :) Hoping for some encouragement and support. I did pretty good yesterday & I even exercised! Amazing!! Good luck to everyone!:smile:
  • kimkap2
    Options
    thank you...I have it at 1.5 lbs a week and today ends my first week, no weight loss. I am going to pay a little more attention to food choices and begin some type of exercise at least twice a week. I am not giving up! Oatmeal for breakfast today... lets see where things go from here.
    Best to you~
  • kimkap2
    Options
    thank you...I have it at 1.5 lbs a week and today ends my first week, no weight loss. I am going to pay a little more attention to food choices and begin some type of exercise at least twice a week. I am not giving up! Oatmeal for breakfast today... lets see where things go from here.
    Best to you~
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find lots of us 40+ people here. Everyone is so supportive and on your woest days will keep you moving forward.Good luck!
  • MochaYaYa
    MochaYaYa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. I started on Monday, January 2nd. I am 43 and have three children (20, 15, and 11). My problem area seems to be my belly also. But I'm getting there. I've decided to push myself with something difficult and that is P90X2 plus I take Body Pump classes and the occasional INSANITY video. I'm going to be in a bikini this summer. :)
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm 42 and my kids are 14 and 7. yes there are ALOT of us here like someone else said :)
  • therighttrack
    therighttrack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am turning the big 40 this month! I am a mother of 3 (11yr, 9yr, & 5yr old) I gained most o f my weight with the last pregnancy and added to is since then. I am currently at 143lb and am trying to get to 125/130.
    Keep a few things in mind when on your journey. Going below 1200 cal / day is NOT healthy, try not to eat up the calories you burn in the day, and more than 1.5 / 2 lbs lost in a week is putting your body into starvation mode, and it will do nothing but backfire on you! The last year or so, I really spend a lot of time reading up on the best ways to loose the weight, and I did loose it. I was active, found myself a walking partner, watched my eating habits and counted the calories. It really does work, but you need to stick with it even if you do start loosing the weight - which is here my faults really kick in! I loose it, and then start slowing down on the exercise and before you know it, I am not even watching my intake...guess we all do that! So here I am again! LOL
    If you would like to talk more, add me as a friend.
  • MsMarketeer
    MsMarketeer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Back on the nutrition and exercise track and thrilled, but that doesn't mean easy! I love this program (and app for my droid). The barcode scanner has been SOOOO helpful when I need to track my intake from packaged foods.

I am 46 and the mother of 5, and always have a tendancy of gaining in belly, hips and thighs. My goals are simple, but have really nothing to do with weight. Just how my clothes fit and how I feel and look naked in the mirror (*shudder*).

Would love some pals who are low carbing it. I'm keeping carbs under 75 per day. Would love to share recipies or fun techniques to keep the munchies away!
  • drk_diva
    drk_diva Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi There. welcome to MFP!
    WOW, These are some great stories and accomplishments!!

You will find great support on these boards. I am 41 with two children (20 & 17 years of age) I am at my heaviest ever in my life and it's so uncomfortable for me. I've been on the boards for some time now. I've been losing then gaining about 1-2 pounds a week or every two weeks because of my inconsistencies BUT, I just recently decided to kick it into high gear and get this weight off once and for all.
    Good luck to all of you on your journeys.