January Gym Joiners....in the way!!!

I hate January Gym Joiners (joins the gym in Jan as part of a New Yr's resolution and by Feb is back to being a couch potato)!!! U are so in the way, hogging the treadmills and interfering with my Speed Weight Training routine! Yeah, I'm *kitten* talking, cause I have been on my "A" game! So as Ludacris would say, "Move b****, get out the way, Get out the way b****, get out the way!":mad: :mad: :mad:

P.S> On a serious note, please know, despite me venting above, I am very supportive and welcome anyone to add me as a friend!
2012 here we come!!!!

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Could you come by my gym and tell them to stop curling in my squat rack?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I feel the same way.. The cardio area was so crowded at my gym today(Granted i went at peak time, but I've gone at peak time before and had my pick of machines). Today nothing.. Every treadmill, elliptical and bike were taken... and I was stuck using a semi crappy treadmill because of it!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    The resolutioners and the May crowd (one month before summer!) Good on them, going to the gym even once is better than a lot of people, but they still annoy me, as do the regulars. I want to be completly alone at the gym.

Luckily I go to a Lifetime so the facility is big so you really never have to wait for anything, but the parking lot is way too small and sometimes you have to drive around and stalk people coming out to find a spot. That is what I hate the most. I hate stalking people in parking lots. I have a small ***** car and everybody takes advantage of me. Cry.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Argh, that's right .... whattaya bet I won't get a bike tomorrow .....
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    I guess I should be glad I live in a small town and go to the gym mid-morning. It's been about the same there the last couple of days.
  • I totally agree with you! Although I applaud those who join aspiring to live a healthier life, I feel like everyone is panicking trying to get their regular machines. Just give it a couple weeks, and your gym will go back to a more managable crowd.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I was dreading January for the extra people. For me, its not about people in the way, I just don't like a crowded gym. What I love about my gym is that it is never crowded like my old one. Forget about going at lunch in January at my old gym. I have never had an issue getting a treadmill or anything at the new one. I was a little worried that that would change this month, however, the past two days I have been in, its been pretty quiet. I don't know if I am just missing them or what but its strange.
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Yes Yes Yes to all responders!!! U empathize with me and definitely feel my pain! I guess we just have to wait until mid February or start "bum-rushing" the crowd as Ben Stiller @ Globo Gym! LOL
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    They will be gone in a month!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    I hate January Gym Joiners (joins the gym in Jan as part of a New Yr's resolution and by Feb is back to being a couch potato)!!! U are so in the way, hogging the treadmills and interfering with my Speed Weight Training routine! Yeah, I'm *kitten* talking, cause I have been on my "A" game! So as Ludacris would say, "Move b****, get out the way, Get out the way b****, get out the way!":mad: :mad: :mad:

P.S> On a serious note, please know, despite me venting above, I am very supportive and welcome anyone to add me as a friend!
    2012 here we come!!!!
    These bozo's will all be gone by March, then a flood of them usually return right before summer, then they fail yet again, and you won't see them until January of 2013.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Totally agree. I hate crowds and I go at 6 am. This month its crowded (compared to the normal crowd) even at 6 am. Hate to think how crazy it is during rush hours.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    One of the lovely aspects of working out at home or outdoors. No crowds! I don't miss that. The only time I really liked the gym is when I was on night shift and would go at like 11pm or so on my days off.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 605 Member
    Luckily I go to a Lifetime so the facility is big so you really never have to wait for anything, but the parking lot is way too small and sometimes you have to drive around and stalk people coming out to find a spot. That is what I hate the most. I hate stalking people in parking lots. I have a small ***** car and everybody takes advantage of me. Cry.

Whoa! Do all Lifetime parking lots suck? I thought it must just be ours. Like you said, no problem inside the facility but the parking lot can get hostile!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Sorry but you don't own the gym.

Those January gym goers have just as much a right to be there as you do.

Count yourself lucky that most of them will be gone in a month.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    I really enjoyed picking the used gum off of the only available treadmill this morning so that I had a place to set my water bottle down. I don't mind all of the folks joining and giving it a try. I sincerely hope at least a few succeed. But who raises people to leave their gum on gym equipment (or anywhere else, for that matter)!!!!
  • onefourone
    onefourone Posts: 212 Member
    Guys you should support the January Gym Joiners reguardless if they are in your way or interrupting you. I hate to say it but you are sounding pretty selfish right now and concidering that person could be a person from here trying to make the life change.. you are not being supportive. The weak ones will drop out and the strong ones will prevail, just saying they bother me too but that person could be the person i just added to my friends list and I am going to support them.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    I totally agree with you! Although I applaud those who join aspiring to live a healthier life, I feel like everyone is panicking trying to get their regular machines. Just give it a couple weeks, and your gym will go back to a more managable crowd.
    [/quote

I guess I agree more with this post. I get how it is aggravating, but maybe some of those people will really commit and make a really healthy choice for their life. I suppose it's like my area when it snows. The "panic shoppers" stocking up on TP, bread, and eggs jam up the grocery lines, and us "poor planning ahead for dinner tonight" people feel like we should have our own line! :wink:
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 704 Member
    I could not believe how many people at the gym tonight. I watched one girl take about 10 minutes just to get ready for the treadmill. Play with hair, adjust clothes, some sort of stretching, then redo hair, work it into a pony tail....went for 10 minutes...the girls that are regulars show up ready to roll!

Next year I should take a vacation in the beginning of January!
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Sorry but you don't own the gym.

Those January gym goers have just as much a right to be there as you do.

Count yourself lucky that most of them will be gone in a month.

Trust, if I did own the gym, there would be set days for newcomers excluding peak hours!!!! And, I never said they didn't have rights, I simply screamed, "MOVE OUT THE WAYYYYYYYYY"! :wink: :wink:
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 94 Member
    yep I totally agree with you went to the gym today... drove around for a few minutes first to find a stall walked into a full gym most machines were filled. went to put my stuff in a locker I opened 15 lockers before i actually found an empty one :s

Dont get me wrong i think its great people make goal and at least attempts (never stop trying) them but what frustrats me is the people i can point out that will not be there in two weeks wasting space on a machine... girl sits on machine texts does 1 sit up stops texts dose another stops txts dose another :s whats the point :S oh well things will go back to normal