any food that has ZERO calories?

aethompson5507
aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
so its getting late and i dont really have any calories left, are there any foods that have ZERO calories? so i can keep that in mind when i hit up the grocery store :bigsmile:

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    water
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    water
    lol yep. Water. No Crystal Lite either.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    so its getting late and i dont really have any calories left, are there any foods that have ZERO calories? so i can keep that in mind when i hit up the grocery store :bigsmile:

you could get off the computer...do 15 minutes of exercise and then eat 100-150 calories... 15 minutes....
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Shirataki Noodles have 0 calories because they are pure fiber. You can find them on Amazon. They don't taste very good by themselves, and they have a texture that takes some getting used to, but they are the only 0 calorie food I know of.

Squash is very low calorie, so are strawberries, cucumbers, and carrots. I snack on a big bowl of baby carrots when I'm really hungry but don't want to consume a lot of C's.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    celery
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    They say that some foods like cucumber has negative calories because you burn more eating than they contain!
  • aethompson5507

you could get off the computer...do 15 minutes of exercise and then eat 100-150 calories... 15 minutes....

im all exercised out today lol. i didnt necessarily mean for today, just in general, are there any snacks out there that are zero or about :)
  • nmlmom
    nmlmom Posts: 12 Member
    Sugar-free Jell-o has 10. That's close enough :0)
  • aethompson5507

good idea :) Thanks
  • aethompson5507

good idea :) Thanks
  • NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Second the shiratake noodles, or konnyaku (the same thing in block form you can use in soups, stir fry, etc.). High in fiber too!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member

Trying to cover up my lol.
  • some jello depends
  • Flyingjester2k1
    Flyingjester2k1 Posts: 19 Member
    cabbage is close
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Celery (I think it actually might have negative calories-not sure about that one though;)
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Its drink not food, but herbal tea :D I love having a real fruity one after dinner which helps with my sweet craving especially if its really strong and cold with ice on a hot day :D
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    dill pickles..
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    pickles
  • They have lots of salt. 0 calories...they are made of cucumbers which have only a few; so I doubt 0.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    They say that some foods like cucumber has negative calories because you burn more eating than they contain!

"They" are wrong. There is no food that burns more calories digesting than it contains.

A food with zero calories is not a food. However, leafy vegetables are very low in calories. A cup of spinach will only set you back 7 calories. Plus, it's full of nutrients.