any food that has ZERO calories?

Options

Replies

• MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    celery, mushrooms, lettuce, cucumbers and pickles take more calories to digest than you get when you eat them.

I heard somewhere that celery actually has NEGATIVE calories because you burn more by chewing it than it contains....

Not sure if it's true, but it sure sounds good!!

Cabege, ice berg lettuce, and mustard, in fact I think you burn calories just eating this items

This has already been fully adressed by Elexgordo

Good lord, people. The "negative calorie food" thing, including celery, is a myth.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/negative-calorie-foods/AN02040
  • Lala521
    Options
    There are lots of things to snack on that have almost no calories, but water or diet drinks are the only things I know of with 0 calories. The sugar free jello if you have a sweet tooth, the celery for the crunch, the pickles if you want something salty. Ive found that if I give my body what it is craving then I dont feel as hungry. And if you are choosing the right foods at mealtime, you shouldnt feel so many hunger pangs. At least its working for me. The large salad with my meat choice helps tremendously. Its so filling but also aids in digestion with the added fiber.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    So, your diary has a deficit built in already. Going over your calories won't translate into a gain. You are probably at least at a 500 calorie deficit built into your diary already. If you eat 100 over, guess what? You are still at a 400 calorie deficit for the day. If you are hungry, eat. You will feel better and have less stress. You will sleep better if you aren't hungry too.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    All food is zero calories if you forget to log it :laugh:

My logic exactly. Lol
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

How about if you just don't worry about it. Going over on one day will not ruin everything. And stress is bad for weight loss.
    [/quote]

I agree with this! Eat something low-cal, but don't worry if you're a little bit over. It's not going to completely derail your weight loss!
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Tree bark.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a big cup or 2 of hot herbal tea with some 0 sweetener works for me.
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    Theres a spray salad dressing thats only 1 cal per spritz. Very yummy too
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    do 10 mins of jumping jack & give yourself 100cals to play with. but like others said, you are already in deficit so 100 cals or so over wont ruin you for a day.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    wait, wait, wait... hold the damn presses!

there is a ranch dressing with less than 10 calories?!?!?!

is it good?

omg please say it's good.

The one I use is 45 cals for 2 tablespoons - Bolthouse farms yogurt ranch, they also make a good blue cheese.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    a bunch of lettuce (romaine or mixed greeens) with a small handful of dried cranberries and a tiny splash of dressing should fill you up until morning.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    All food is zero calories if you forget to log it :laugh:

If only that were true!
  • olytri2012
    Options
    do 10 mins of jumping jack & give yourself 100cals to play with. but like others said, you are already in deficit so 100 cals or so over wont ruin you for a day.

Exactly!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy miracle noodles?

I shop at Wegmans, and they are in the healthfood freezer section with the tofu. They are not actually noodles, but a noodle shaped tofu. And like I said, don't expect much with the flavor!
    Miracle Noodles (brand name) are actually made from shirataki. I know there are tofu versions out there, too. www.miraclenoodle.com. Amazon also sells them.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I hate to be a buzzkill, but just because it has zero calories per serving does not mean that there are zero calories if you eat 8 servings. It just means there is less than 1 calorie - so if you get all crazy eating something with zero calories all day long you might end up with a few calories in the end.

Not that 20 calories makes a difference. Just had to throw that out there.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I hate to be a buzzkill, but just because it has zero calories per serving does not mean that there are zero calories if you eat 8 servings. It just means there is less than 1 calorie - so if you get all crazy eating something with zero calories all day long you might end up with a few calories in the end.

Not that 20 calories makes a difference. Just had to throw that out there.

I thought if it's less than 5 cals, they can legally mark it as zero calories. I never looked it up myself, but it makes sense.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    wait, wait, wait... hold the damn presses!

there is a ranch dressing with less than 10 calories?!?!?!

is it good?

omg please say it's good.

I've tried it and it is NOT good. Ranch dressing is something I will not give up -- I eat two salads a day most days - I use market pantry fat free (target brand) or hannaford (bloom/food lion brand) -- 45 cal per serving. totally worth it.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    mmmm....yogurt ranch! Sooooooooooo good! Bolthouse farms is the best dressing, ever!