Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41923-bring-it
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42346-bring-it-part-ii-team-no-excuses?page=214

Hey everyone,

Starting up a new thread for this month. The previous threads are up top for those wishing to go back and catch up.:wink:

Since it's a new month and we've all been bringing it for a couple weeks now, I decided to start off this thread with some more advice from good ol' Jillian Michaels. I'll paraphrase a bit, but the meaning is still the same.

"I always hear contestants and clients talking about how they "battle" with their weight or their fitness day in and day out. And I think, why does it have to be a battle? It doesn't have to!! The battle is created in our minds. It's a story that your mind is creating and that your ego is letting you believe. We make up stories about our character and who we are and who we THINK we should be, and we let that dictate our actions. You AREN'T that person who can't overcome an addiction or who will be overweight forever. Don't allow yourself to become a made-up character in your own life movie. Keep an open mind to the possibility that you are strong. Let go of your story, and it won't be a battle."

How are we doing today team?

The more I listen to Jillian, the more I want to meet her. The fact that she used to be big and is now one of the most famous trainers out there makes it easier for me to believe as well. She's such a kick-butt woman, and obviously mentally strong as well. I'm glad she recognizes that it is at least 80% mental and 20% physical.

M

Replies

• mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41923-bring-it
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42346-bring-it-part-ii-team-no-excuses?page=214

Hey everyone,

Starting up a new thread for this month. The previous threads are up top for those wishing to go back and catch up.:wink:

Since it's a new month and we've all been bringing it for a couple weeks now, I decided to start off this thread with some more advice from good ol' Jillian Michaels. I'll paraphrase a bit, but the meaning is still the same.

"I always hear contestants and clients talking about how they "battle" with their weight or their fitness day in and day out. And I think, why does it have to be a battle? It doesn't have to!! The battle is created in our minds. It's a story that your mind is creating and that your ego is letting you believe. We make up stories about our character and who we are and who we THINK we should be, and we let that dictate our actions. You AREN'T that person who can't overcome an addiction or who will be overweight forever. Don't allow yourself to become a made-up character in your own life movie. Keep an open mind to the possibility that you are strong. Let go of your story, and it won't be a battle."

How are we doing today team?

The more I listen to Jillian, the more I want to meet her. The fact that she used to be big and is now one of the most famous trainers out there makes it easier for me to believe as well. She's such a kick-butt woman, and obviously mentally strong as well. I'm glad she recognizes that it is at least 80% mental and 20% physical.

M
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Oh good, new thread. I've been busy(at the gym and outdoors!) so I haven't checked in with "Bring It!" for a few days. I'm feeling amazing today. My boyfriend and I have decided to eat Pescatarian this week. We started Sunday...so far, so great! We wanted to do it this week as a way to cleanse and re-energize. I have a feeling we may end up adopting this diet for much longer though. :heart:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am still alive, although under the weather. I have been tracking my cals and tryin to get workouts in 10 mins at a time here today....I am still not well, migraine is killing me. If you don't hear from me, don't write me off...just this last 4 days has been awful...I IM/talk to Mysastyme everyday....she smacks me around while I am not here......

I will be back on track asap.....feeling much better today, but still not out of the woods......still eating well and drinkin water, I just need to rest up.

See ya all soon.......................Great Work all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I am still alive, although under the weather. I have been tracking my cals and tryin to get workouts in 10 mins at a time here today....I am still not well, migraine is killing me. If you don't hear from me, don't write me off...just this last 4 days has been awful...I IM/talk to Mysastyme everyday....she smacks me around while I am not here......

I will be back on track asap.....feeling much better today, but still not out of the woods......still eating well and drinkin water, I just need to rest up.

56259.png

Oh, no! Feel better soon! It sounds like you're still Bringing IT even though you're sick. Awesome job!

PS-No one will be writing you off! :tongue:
  • mgullette
    Options

56259.png

I wondered where you'd been Sassie! No worries, we'll be here when you get better. Bring IT isn't going anywhere but up! :wink:

I hope those migraines go away so you're back to feeling yourself. Get well soon!

Glad to see you again Happenstance! I didn't think we lost you but I noticed you hadn't been by. That's ok though because it sounds like you've been bringing it all along!
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow! We're a chatty bunch. A new thread is a great idea.

I hit a little low patch yesterday and this morning as my weight is just hovering and it's frustrating me. I am still eating within my calorie limits and exercising well so it's not much fun to see no results. I am second guessing myself and so I have a question for you all - do you find sodium causes you an issue with your weight loss? I am wondering if this is a problem for me. I have been having nuts as a snack this last week and couldn't get salt free, so they are salted. Also I think the San Choi Bow I made last night may have had more sodium in the sauces than I thought (well didn't think about to be truthful).

My food:

March 1 and 2 were almost the same
    Breakfast
    Muesli + milk
    Cup of tea

Lunch
    2 slices vogels bread (dense whole grain)
    light olivio spread (olive based margarine)
    marmite (yummo but salty)
    50g ham

Dinner
    Homemade chicken lasagne
    Salad

Snacks
    Cruskits plus light cream cheese
    3 more cups of tea

March 3
    Breakfast
    Muesli plus milk

Lunch
    2 slices vogels bread (dense whole grain)
    light olivio spread (olive based margarine)
    2 eggs
    50g ham

Dinner
    Homemade San Choi Bow (chicken mince wrapped in lettuce leaves, uses oyster sauce and kecap manis)

Snacks
    Wheat snack things
    banana
    3 cups of tea

hmmm no nuts there, but I have been having these on other days.

On a big high note though, I have just finished Week 4 Day 3 of Couch 2 5K. I struggled a little with days 1 and 2 which I completed on the Treadmill so I was worried with how I would go today. I took my dog out with me and it was almost easy. I am on such a high! I can't believe big fatty boombah me felt so good while running. I am so ready for week 5! I could have kept on running.
  • mgullette
    Options
    Hey Osmium!

Awesome on the Couch 2 5K. I am going to do it soon I think. You've inspired me!

A word on the sodium. Simple answer, yes. Sodium is a big factor in water retention and why the scale won't budge sometimes. Now, we all realize that it is nearly impossible to avoid sodium at all costs, and it is vital for a healthy nervous system (those Na/K pumps!). The best way to avoid it is to prepare your own food, but even then, it still lingers. Even when you buy fresh chicken breasts, they've been brined for preservation and alas, the salt. I do my best to avoid "added salt", so no salt shaker for me. Also, frozen, prepared, and prepackaged food is likely LOADED with salt as a preservative, so those Healthy Choice dinners? Yeah, not for me. I found eating a lot of prepared food makes me feel rather "puffy". Basically, all the sodium you need can be found naturally in fresh foods. It has allowed me to get creative with other spices, and I've found several that I love.

Mrs. Dash-Yum yum! All salt-free, very very tasty, and they have some to suit everyone's tastes. I personally like Southwest, and it goes in eggs, chicken, etc.

Cinnamon-It's taken me awhile to like it, but it's growing on me. I find it adds a lot to plain oatmeal.
    Cumin-Spicy and delicious!
    Curry- Depending on how it's made (each Indian/Thai place has their own recipe) it might be salty or not

Soy sauce is a definite no, and hot sauce has quite a bit of sodium as well. If you're eating a lot of sodium, but otherwise find that you're doing well on your diet, I'd adjust down for a little bit and see if it makes a difference. Finally, even though we can't avoid it, eating out is tough because even the healthiest menu item probably has a ton of salt. The other night I had a grilled chicken caesar at Texas Roadhouse (no dressing, so just romaine and grilled chicken), but I still gulped down 3 glasses of water and felt it the next day. Likely a lot of salt in the seasoning added to the chicken. So when people freak out after eating out, that's probably the cause. Sometimes it's worth it though, because it's not real fat and you still have to have a life too!

Nice to see you back here!

M
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian too! :bigsmile: I love her no excuses approach. (watching TBL right now! :bigsmile: )

I ended up running 4.5 miles tonight w/ my buddies!! So... 5 miles on the TM this morning, 600 yd swim, and Ab Ripper X w/ my hubby. Higher cal day, but won't be eating all of my exercise cals for sure! :laugh: Keepin' it clean! :bigsmile:

Hope you had a good one!

Jess
  • mgullette
    Options
    Well team,

Against my own will, I posted a few progress pics. Anybody else have their's up yet?

Let's see them!

M
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well team,

Against my own will, I posted a few progress pics. Anybody else have their's up yet?

Let's see them!

M

Look at you, girl! Woohoo! Lookin' good! :flowerforyou: I will take some pics after I finish ChaLean. My latest pic was just taken a couple weeks ago. :bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It was a good food & exercise day today. A little over on carbs, but still balanced & certainly not overboard.
    I was running a late, but went for a 2 mile walk with hubby tonight anyway.
    That's a big hurdle for me...it's usually so easy to just skip the exercise when there's a time crunch issue.
    You're all doing so well!
    Keep it up!
    :happy:
    Bring it!
  • mgullette
    Options
    Way to push yourself Georg! I couldn't get motivated to start last night but I just did it and after I was glad I did!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Lunch:Foot long Subway Turkey ( I only have 3 pieces of turkey meat on my sub versus the usual 6 slices, because I'm not a huge fan of alot of meat on my subs)
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Green Bell Peppers
    Calories:560

Dinner: Homemade Turkey Taco Pie =] I get my recipes from the 3fatchicks website.
    Calories: 215

I worked out on the elliptical throughout the day today. I'm addicted to that thing! :laugh:
    I know that I need to still incorporate more cardio and strength training as well, so tomorrow I plan to do the elliptical as well as my cardio DVD workouts.

I'm all for posting progress pics =] I didn't take pics of what my body looked like in the beginning, but still it will show my current status. ='] New pics are posted =] I need to post a full body shot still though.
    Sassie- Hang in there :flowerforyou: I hope you feel better, hun.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    It was a good food & exercise day today. A little over on carbs, but still balanced & certainly not overboard.
    I was running a late, but went for a 2 mile walk with hubby tonight anyway.
    That's a big hurdle for me...it's usually so easy to just skip the exercise when there's a time crunch issue.
    You're all doing so well!
    Keep it up!
    Bring it!
    I need to learn do that more often! Way to go :smile:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    So, tomorrow is my usual, once-a-week, day trip to Vancouver(for work) My work day is strange on Wednesdays...8am-4pm, BUT I have a block of 4 hours FREE TIME. I used to spend this time shopping(and grabbing lunch at the food court) I'm happy to say that I found a healthier way to spend the day. I found that my gym is there(24hr Fitness)...I found a hiking/walking trail...and I pack healthy food to bring along. I've already packed and logged my food for the trip and plan to take advantage of that trail I found. Then, when I'm back in Olympia, I plan on having a healthy dinner and hitting the gym. I'll have to walk the puppy too, of course. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know the plan...so I'll be more likely to stick to it...which I totally will...because I BRING IT!

• meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i'm home!!! ...but exhausted!
    it's raining here (of course) but i hope to get out for at least a quick run before the day is out.
    for now, i'm off to bed, but i promise that i will be back in gear tomorrow!
    :yawn:
  • mgullette
    Options
    So, tomorrow is my usual, once-a-week, day trip to Vancouver(for work) My work day is strange on Wednesdays...8am-4pm, BUT I have a block of 4 hours FREE TIME. I used to spend this time shopping(and grabbing lunch at the food court) I'm happy to say that I found a healthier way to spend the day. I found that my gym is there(24hr Fitness)...I found a hiking/walking trail...and I pack healthy food to bring along. I've already packed and logged my food for the trip and plan to take advantage of that trail I found. Then, when I'm back in Olympia, I plan on having a healthy dinner and hitting the gym. I'll have to walk the puppy too, of course. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know the plan...so I'll be more likely to stick to it...which I totally will...because I BRING IT!

Nice Happenstance! With 4 hours, I'm sure you could still manage to squeeze in some shopping and hiking! Vancouver is a beautiful city.

Glad to see you made it home safely Meisje! Rest up, and I'm sure we'll see you Bringing IT shortly.

Good morning everyone!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    Im at my sisters for the next 3 days so posting may be sparatic...Im happy to say I slinked my way into my 17 Juniors Jeans woot woot! I feel good I may post a pic with them on LOL...I havent worn these in 5yrs!!! I also weighed in at 223 this morning so thats 50lbs!!!!! LOST forever...I am able to sit breathe drive and move in my pants MY GAWD I feel great!! ok thats my brag for the day ,..I do have my dvd's so I will be doing my full workouts daily and I brought my own food here..this morning I had 1 boiled egg, 1oz chicken breast ,an apple ...and 1 tsp of stuffing that I wanted to taste...I will post later...bring it everyone!!!:drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey all!
    Im at my sisters for the next 3 days so posting may be sparatic...Im happy to say I slinked my way into my 17 Juniors Jeans woot woot! I feel good I may post a pic with them on LOL...I havent worn these in 5yrs!!! I also weighed in at 223 this morning so thats 50lbs!!!!! LOST forever...I am able to sit breathe drive and move in my pants MY GAWD I feel great!! ok thats my brag for the day ,..I do have my dvd's so I will be doing my full workouts daily and I brought my own food here..this morning I had 1 boiled egg, 1oz chicken breast ,an apple ...and 1 tsp of stuffing that I wanted to taste...I will post later...bring it everyone!!!:drinker:

You go girl! Have fun w/ your sister and awesome job planning ahead w/ the meals! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I did my workout for the day, Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit #2. It's a shoulder burner!! :bigsmile:

Had my usual oatmeal and black coffee of course. :bigsmile:

Have a good one!