Healthy Treats??

Options
So I have a HUGH sweet tooth and I usually end the day with a few hershey kisses :) I am looking for alternative snacks that are sweet.. any ideas??

Replies

• LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! I can totally relate. I've got a sweet tooth the size of Texas.

As far as TREAT treats - I really like the Dove Promises - especially when I don't chomp 'em down in 2 seconds flat - LOL. If you have access to a Trader Joe's - I love the chocolate-covered treats they offer. Their dark chocolate-covered raisins are one of my favorites.

Another yummy sweet (but healthy) treat is to mix grapes, sour cream, and a bit of brown sugar (to taste). It might sound odd, but it is really delicious. My mom gave me that recipe. I have put my own twist on it by using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.

Can't wait to read other suggestions.. :smile:
  • Onelovemomma
    Options
    Sugar free fudgesicles, usually less than 60 calories.
  • robinreed10
    Options
    My friend made some BLACK BEAN brownies...and they were FANTASTIC!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    deep chocolate vitatops :) throw it in the microwave for a few seconds and it is just like a warm brownie :)
  • Icklemellie
    Options
    frozen yoghurt and hersheys special dark mini chocolate bars they are like 70cals they are my chocolate fix when i need it x
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My friend made some BLACK BEAN brownies...and they were FANTASTIC!!!

Do you happen to have the recipie? Those sound interesting!:smile:
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    deep chocolate vitatops :) throw it in the microwave for a few seconds and it is just like a warm brownie :)

amen to that!
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Terra Veggie Chips. I bought the sweet potato & beet ones. A little sweetness from the potato. A WHOLE lot less salt. Very tasty. And I found that while I didn't quite stop at 12 chips, I didn't eat the whole bag either, because I found it filling.

12 Chips:
    120 calories
    35 g sodium
    12 fat
    2 fibre
    3 sugar
    1 protein
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I mix a container of salt free mixed nuts, a cup of raisons, 1/4 cup of coconut and 1/4 cup chocolate chip morsels. I put in little containers. This way I can take them to work and just have a little treat when I need something to snack on.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I mix 1 scoop ON chocolate Casein protein with just a little water. It makes a great tasting pudding and protein packed.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Depending on what "a few" hershey kisses means, I would stick to that.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    40 cal fudge pops, fat free pudding.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I use fruit to keep my sweet tooth in check. I also love the freeze dried fruit crunchies. As a treat, you can also have chocolate dipped strawberries. They give you the taste of chocolate, but it's mostly strawberry--and, at least to me, they feel really indulgent.
  • Yotulip
    Yotulip Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently melted a small bar of very high cocoa chocolate (the one that is high in antioxidants), mixed in a load of walnuts, almonds and brazils then drained then in a sieve put them out to dry. With the dribbles left in the bowl I painted the choc onto dried apricots... its made a LOT of nibbles. I put a few choccie ones in my snack pot with non choc ones.. couldn't give you the stats but they are lovely - especially the almonds and the apricots.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm not huge on sweets but when I want something sweet I eat half an apple and 1 tbsp of peanut butter or the "dark chocolate dreams" peanut butter from Peanut butter and Co with a slice of whole wheat toast and sliced strawberries on top :)
  • jefron
    jefron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The recipe for the Brownies is simple.
    1 box of brownie mix.
    1 can of Black Beans.

Put beans (liquid and all) and blend them in food processor or blender for 2 minutes
    Mix contents of Brownie mix with blended beans stir wll until mix is glossy.
    Bake according to Box Directions.

They are great!
  • Clkafka
    Clkafka Posts: 45
    Options
    I also love the vitatop muffins. I have also replaced my chocolate fix with ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate squares and I have only one square. But if I don't have many calories left and I need a sweet fix, I make celestial seasons sugar cookie herbal tea and add stevia to it. It is sweet, yummy, and soothing.... and 0 calories. : )
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I like the fiber one brownies they are really good and only 90cal.
  • wifeyreebs
    Options
    I can relate to this because I'm always fearful I'll ruin all my hard work by caving into my cravings.
    For my sweet tooth I've found a couple of things over the years that seem to help:

Emerald cocoa roast almonds 1/4 c for 150 calories
    Tootsie Rolls 6 rolls for 140 calories OR Tootsie Pops 1 for 60 calories
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches 100 calories each.
    In the grand scheme of things 5 Hershey Kisses isn't all that bad either.

Cape Cod 40% reduced fat chips are great too! You can eat around 23 chips for 150 calories.

Good luck! ;)
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Skinny Cow Sugar Free Ice Cream Sandwiches - 140 calories, but wonderful, vanilla with a chocolate cookie outside.

Black bean brownies are 80-100 calories each - take a box of brownie mix and a 15 oz can of black beans (unseasoned). Puree the beans (or somehow mash to a liquid) and mix in the brownie mix. Place in a 9x13 and bake according to instructions on the brownie box (350 for 30 minutes I think). Very moist and fudgey. My kids loved it, then found out what was in it. Eventually, they accepted them. :)