Healthy Treats??

Options

Replies

• elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oranges, Pineapples, Strawberries, and Apple with some honey.
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    Sounds interesting and makes sense. Kind of like a can of pumpkin or applesauce in a cake mix. Thanks for the post, I can't wait to try it!
  • Jessika616
    Options
    I only bought vita tops once...and never again. Instead of seconds, I read minutes...there was a fire in my microwave. Lol I am now traumatized.
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Another good one is fat-free blueberry yogurt with 1/4 cup Kashi berry crunch cereal. Also around 160 calories, good fiber, calcium, and protein. Sweet tasting.
  • jefron
    jefron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also like having low fat ice cream. Buy a kitchen scale and follow the serving portions. Also use small spoons and plates so the quantity looks like more and take your time eating it. Another great recipe that is AMAZING is the Dark Chocolate mousse recipe from Ellie Krieger. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/dark-chocolate-mousse-recipe/index.html You wont even notice it is light and good for you.
  • JenniferAConley
    JenniferAConley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What is the calorie for a square on the brownies made with black beans?
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Protein Fluff, it is so variable in what you want it to be, Think Creamy desert ( consistency of whipped cream or cool whip) with berries
    It is insanely filling
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1823-protein-fluff
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 no sugar added fudgecicles with 1 tbs peanut butter. put the pops in the microwave for about 15 sec just to get them off the stick then stir in the peanut butter. Tastes just like a reeses peanut butter cup! 170 cals...yummy!
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So I have a HUGH sweet tooth and I usually end the day with a few hershey kisses :) I am looking for alternative snacks that are sweet.. any ideas??
    after my own heart :laugh: love them hershey kisses lol
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like the 8 oz Chocolate Silk drinks. They are so yummy and filling. :happy:
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello or jello pudding with a dollop of cool whip
  • sandrasayre
    sandrasayre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    how many calories is the grapes/yogurt/brown sugar mixture? sounds good to me...
  • dr4m4qu33n
    Options
    I'm going to make a healthy fruit dip with fat free vanilla yogurt and a little bit of nutella! I looove nutella and this way, you get just a little bit with some healthy yogurt and fresh fruit to dip in. You could also add fat free, or light cream cheese. Maybe a little honey. Omit the nutella and use something else like a little jam or fruit puree.
  • dr4m4qu33n
    Options
    Fat free pudding is also a nice treat! Jello to.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 no sugar added fudgecicles with 1 tbs peanut butter. put the pops in the microwave for about 15 sec just to get them off the stick then stir in the peanut butter. Tastes just like a reeses peanut butter cup! 170 cals...yummy!

Wow, that sounds great!!!
  • Jeanettep87
    Options
    The recipe for the Brownies is simple.
    1 box of brownie mix.
    1 can of Black Beans.

Put beans (liquid and all) and blend them in food processor or blender for 2 minutes
    Mix contents of Brownie mix with blended beans stir wll until mix is glossy.
    Bake according to Box Directions.

They are great!

Just curious, do you still mix the brownies as directed on the box or just mix the brownie power with the beans? They sound great!
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    You can look it up on the "food" tab on this site. It varies, but is generally around 100 calories per 2x2 square. Of you can do the math yourself if you want a different size or thickness.

Regarding another question, yes, definitely mix the pureed beans and the brownie mix very well. It should end up looking like... brownie batter.
  • eras616
    eras616 Posts: 24
    Options
    This sounds great! I never thought of this. Thanks for the idea.
  • eras616
    eras616 Posts: 24
    Options

I meant this post specifically...I am still trying to figure out the message boards (haha).
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Oh man I can TOTALLY relate. I can't get through the day successfully without a "treat". I stay away from sugary treats like hershey's simply because for me I know one will become eight in no time. I'm happy with these alternatives:

1) give russell stover sugar free candy a try- you'd be surprised! You have to like splenda though... they all use it. My favorites are the peanut butter crunch, toffee crunch and caramel drops.

2) 100 cal cookie packs! I love there are 10 or more in a packet- I always feel like I'm getting more than I am.

3) sugar free jello pudding cups (another splenda product). Favorites are caramel, dark chocolate and rice pudding.

3) sugar free jello with a few table spoons of light whipped cream.... YUM!!

4) for the days i absolutely require REAL chocolate ghiradeli extra dark chocolate

5) yoplait light whipped chocolate yogurt- FROZEN. yummy! A lot like ice cream.

6) skinny cow ice cream sandwiches or ice cream bars.

As you can see, like i said.... I feel ya on the treats! If I deny myself a low cal low or no sugar treat after dinner I'll end up gorging on a huge cookie or something the next day so the things above keep me in check!!