WATER

Options
13»

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of water, either...I don't hate it, but don't really love it either. And I LOVE diet coke! I was drinking at least 6 cans a day...and I know EXACTLY what you mean about loving that first gulp! It would be the first thing I would do in the morning - like some people and their morning coffee. But, I am weaning myself off the diet coke and it hasn't been too bad. I've only had one can a day since Sunday, and no headaches (yet) today or yesterday! And I have been WAY more thirsty since I stopped drinking so much, so I am thinking my body is pretty happy that I am feeding it water. Next week, I am hoping to do one can every other day, and then no more!

You're my hero!! :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Crystal light packets! They come in little packets that you can mix into your water bottle, I like the strawberry lemonade. Hope this helps!

~Leash

I HATE WATER TOO... AND I CAN'T DRINK IT COLD, IF I DO... I'LL PROBABLY VOMIT. :sick:
    BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA, I'LL TRY THE CRYSTAL LIGHT. :wink:

cap key alert

Oh lord.....are we touchy about people "YELLING" through the computer also?? :laugh:

Maybe she was just excited to see that there are other people out there like her and that she is not alone! :love:

**Footnote**
    Please know that I have a dry sarcastic sense of humor so don't take everything so seriously!!

No, I've seen a couple other posts from her. She just hasn't taken off the caps! :laugh: Some people don't know others peceive it as INTERNET YELLING. :wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Crystal light packets! They come in little packets that you can mix into your water bottle, I like the strawberry lemonade. Hope this helps!

~Leash

I HATE WATER TOO... AND I CAN'T DRINK IT COLD, IF I DO... I'LL PROBABLY VOMIT. :sick:

cap key alert

Oh lord.....are we touchy about people "YELLING" through the computer also?? :laugh:

Maybe she was just excited to see that there are other people out there like her and that she is not alone! :love:

**Footnote**
    Please know that I have a dry sarcastic sense of humor so don't take everything so seriously!!

No, I've seen a couple other posts from her. She just hasn't taken off the caps! :laugh: Some people don't know others peceive it as INTERNET YELLING. :wink:

I just don't understand why this bothers people so much. It's not like you can hear her yelling. Some people write in all caps with their handwriting...is that so bad??
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

~Leash

cap key alert

**Footnote**

I just don't understand why this bothers people so much. It's not like you can hear her yelling. Some people write in all caps with their handwriting...is that so bad??

we are trying to help her out....she might not realize that she is shouting..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

~Leash

cap key alert

**Footnote**

It's never bothered me on any boards...but it does seem to irk some to no end. ::shrugs::: sometimes it's best to pick our battles and move on... life is to short to worry about every little thing on here... least that's my latest take on it.
  • mom24qties
    mom24qties Posts: 112
    Options
    I can only drink water ice cold, so I freeze my bottles about 2/3 full, and then add fresh water in the morning. I have a thermal wrap cover that zips over the bottle, and it keeps it cold all day or until it all melts.That works for me, but may not be for everyone!:happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I can only drink water ice cold, so I freeze my bottles about 2/3 full, and then add fresh water in the morning. I have a thermal wrap cover that zips over the bottle, and it keeps it cold all day or until it all melts.That works for me, but may not be for everyone!:happy:

ahhhhhhhhhh hun, never ever freeze a plastic bottle of water! As it thaws, it takes bit of the plastic with it, which you then ingest. Full of carcinogens. unless this has since been proven a myth.... not sure. If you must do this, get a special bottle, made for it.
  • stephaneyh
    Options
    :huh: YIPES! (not shouting, just shocked) I never knew that about freezing plastic water bottles!! What about Teflon coated pots and pans, does anyone know the skinny on their durability. I have a 'know-it-all' for a step-son who was telling me that Teflon comes off the pans and into our food and we ingest it when we eat and it never goes out of the body because the body can't eliminate it and it attaches itself to your insides.........and all that came out of his mouth as I was telling his wife about my brand new Teflon coated set of pots and pans and everyone went deadly quiet and it got awkward for a while. BUT, (again, not shouting, just emphasizing) if he's right, please tell me and I'll make it a point to try to replace all my pans with stainless steel as soon as I can afford to.:ohwell:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

ahhhhhhhhhh hun, never ever freeze a plastic bottle of water! As it thaws, it takes bit of the plastic with it, which you then ingest. Full of carcinogens. unless this has since been proven a myth.... not sure. If you must do this, get a special bottle, made for it.

Not true per Snopes...

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/petbottles.asp
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :huh: YIPES! (not shouting, just shocked) I never knew that about freezing plastic water bottles!! What about Teflon coated pots and pans, does anyone know the skinny on their durability. I have a 'know-it-all' for a step-son who was telling me that Teflon comes off the pans and into our food and we ingest it when we eat and it never goes out of the body because the body can't eliminate it and it attaches itself to your insides.........and all that came out of his mouth as I was telling his wife about my brand new Teflon coated set of pots and pans and everyone went deadly quiet and it got awkward for a while. BUT, (again, not shouting, just emphasizing) if he's right, please tell me and I'll make it a point to try to replace all my pans with stainless steel as soon as I can afford to.:ohwell:

when teflon pans are overheated, it's true they do omit a very dangerous chemical that could put infants and young children at risk, and yes it can also effect adults. It is fatal for most birds... I do agree teflon is handy but not so healthy from the studies published.

You might want to do a bit of Googling and check it out :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

when teflon pans are overheated, it's true they do omit a very dangerous chemical that could put infants and young children at risk, and yes it can also effect adults. It is fatal for most birds... I do agree teflon is handy but not so healthy from the studies published.

You might want to do a bit of Googling and check it out :drinker:

Snopes or no snopes:laugh: there are some plastics we most definitely want to steer clear of.. I've never heard the freezing idea that was mentioned up above as dangerous but it's the bottle iteself that can cause real issues with humans. So I think if you drink from the bottle if the water is frozen from the freezer or simply use it to drink tap water either way if the plastic is not a certain code on the bottom it's not the best to be using.

Plenty of articles on the web about the safety or rather the lack of safety on the plastic bottles on the web. There are many special bottles now, metal ones but they need to be a certain type as well. It all gets a bit complicated but I figure if I'm in this for the health which I am, I prefer to use the healthier bottle.:drinker:

FC:heart:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    You will be happy to know that I had 2 bottles of water today, 1 diet Coke, and 1 diet squirt!:wink:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Okay....I see a MILLION people on here talking about how much they love water and drink tons everyday.

Well.....what if you don't like water???? I hate drinking water. I've never liked it and have to force myself to even think about it as a possibility.

I pretty much just drink Diet Coke.

Any suggestions???

You sound like me 4 months ago I did not like water but i just forced it down now it has grown on me and by quiting the coke and pepsi I actually dropped 7 pounds
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    You will be happy to know that I had 2 bottles of water today, 1 diet Coke, and 1 diet squirt!:wink:
    :laugh: :tongue: :drinker: