Whats the best compliment you have gotten so far?

Options
Hubby told me last night he can already see a difference...my wide butt is getting its shape back..he said it was going flat and fat :bigsmile: :laugh:

Who else has something?

Replies

• grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Mine told me this morning that I have knees again. Oh, and I have a dent in my shin...I took it as a compliment. Before you couldn't find my shin or my knees.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I've been getting alot of messages and friend requests saying i'm an inspiration. :) It's a good feeling.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My hubby said that he could really tell a difference... before he couldn't pick me up and kiss me.. now he can:heart:
  • dancinonwater22
    dancinonwater22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 5 pounds, but my best friend said to me, "I really can tell youve lost some weight." I know its not much, and she was probably lying, but it still made me smile :)
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    My husband told me tonight "your butt is disappearing" I said "Are you talking to me?" and he said "no, I'm talking to the skinny woman walking around the house!" :blushing: I love it when people use the word skinny when talking about me!!:happy: Although I still have 30 lbs to go! :grumble:
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    "Your boobs are getting smaller."
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    "Your boobs are getting smaller."

I am right there with you!!!! Gone from a large C to a small B:grumble:
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hubby told me last night he can already see a difference...my wide butt is getting its shape back..he said it was going flat and fat :bigsmile: :laugh:

Who else has something?

I've had several people comment on my weight loss over past few weeks. Most are "wow, you've lost weight" and a lot of "looking good..." type comments. But one woman made me laugh. She's a coworker/friend who is happily married and knows I am as well. She said "You're looking good enough for me to get divorced for...."
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    at body pump yesterday a stranger told me how strong & toned i looked. i'll take being called that over skinny any day.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough I find the compliments from strangers the best. I mean I love the words of encouragement from my SO and friends, but there's something about receiving a compliment from someone who has no reason to give it to you.

I went into the coffee shop on my way into work yesterday (I go there a few times a week for my caffeine hit) and the lady behind the counter noticed I had lost some weight and was 'looking good'. Comments like that, and from colleagues you dont work very closely with etc - they are good fuel for me :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I ran into a woman from my church at the gym who said I was looking buff! :)
  • christie177
    Options
    When my ex saw me after about 5 months and just stared for a few minutes before I asked "what is it?" and his response was "you look amazing, you've lost weight." Cue beaming. :)
  • Rayman233
    Rayman233 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wife loves my flatter stomach and I tell myself I look good too ! LOL
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    my huby told me this morning tha tmy shoulders are getting toned! And that you can see muscles in my back...and just right now he told me that the flab under my arm is getting smaller.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well, its not really a compliment and I haven't lost much since I started logging my meals here... but when we flew to get married last May, I was 30 lbs heavier. We flew 1st class because coach was too uncomfortable and because it was a really special occasion. Today I flew coach and sat in the middle seat between two strangers and there wasn't one single sigh of disgust from either of them. I count that a positive. Also, the Hubs saw me spinning on the exercycle the other day and out of the blue decided to start using it again AND playing the Wii sports games again. That really encourages me!
  • derbydiva123
    Options
    I just started this journey a week ago, but my massage therapist asked me today if I was losing weight. I haven't weighed myself yet, but I'm hoping she's right! It's a small compliment, but it gives me encouragement to keep going. :wink:
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Last night, my boyfriend hugged me tight and said "I can feel your bones again!!!"
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My best one happened a couple months ago
    My grandson was wanting me to do something (he is 3)
    and hubby said Momaw is to big, Logan (grandson) turned
    around quickly and said mom maw wittle lol I LOVED IT :bigsmile:
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My husband's new nickname for me is "skinny *kitten*" because a spit-fire-of-a-senior-citizen at the church he pastors said "look at that skinny *kitten*" as I passed her in the chapel:laugh:
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It was great a while back when a family member didn't recognize me, but today a co-worker said she thought of me this morning when she worked out. She remembered me saying about my own morning workouts, "It's just not negotiable!" To inspire someone, to be just a little part of helping someone else make it happen, feels fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!