Whats the best compliment you have gotten so far?

Options

Replies

• TracyFowler
    Options
    lol, one of my girlfriends said "Wow , you shook alotta $hitt off!!" Roll over laughing the two of us:laugh:
  • iluminadaonix
    iluminadaonix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My husband who says that I look better than Jillian michaels and Shaleane when he sees me working out with their DVDs and I'm wearing similar gym clothes as them. :). He also tells me I look like a teenager now! I love it. :)
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend looked at me, squinted, tilted his head, and silently made the hourglass shape with his hands. it was pretty funny.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Several people have commented on my loss, but my fav was from hubby last Sat. I have gone from a (Lane Bryant) size 24/26 to a size 20 jean....he told me my size 20's were getting way too big...then proved himself right by telling me to stand still as he grabbed the legs and yanked them down with unfastening them!!!!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    A good recent compliment/NSV

Backstory: I have been going to the gym with my Mum.. most of the time I make up the exercises we do, and encourage her to push for more sets when she wants to give up

There is a new guy (staff member) at the gym and whilst I was getting changed he asked my Mum "where is your personal trainer today" ... He honestly thought I was her PT! My Mum said "she is my daughter!" and he was surprised. I couldn't believe anyone would mistake me for a PT.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    My DENTIST told me I'm getting younger instead of older!
    Made my day and made me giggle.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    "You look hot"

"Your legs are so thin and your *kitten* looks amazing in those jeans."
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    A truck full of guys yelled and whistled at me the other night .. hee hee that has not happened in a long time.
  • loraloha74
    Options
    My sister said, "OMG your jeans are so loose!"
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    Exact words from my husband, "You're hotter than you were when I met you! And you were hhhhhot when I met you."
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "I can't even recognise you!"

- My girlfriend when we were looking at photos 20kg's ago :D:D
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    From my guy friends, while moving a table with me: "Holy *kitten*!! When did you get so ripped??"

From my gal pals: "Wow, your arms and legs have the definition I want! You look so great!"

From the boyfriend: "You are so freaking hot."

:) It never gets old. Ever.
  • elguapo911
    Options
    Strangely enough I find the compliments from strangers the best. I mean I love the words of encouragement from my SO and friends, but there's something about receiving a compliment from someone who has no reason to give it to you.

I went into the coffee shop on my way into work yesterday (I go there a few times a week for my caffeine hit) and the lady behind the counter noticed I had lost some weight and was 'looking good'. Comments like that, and from colleagues you dont work very closely with etc - they are good fuel for me :)

^ this. It was tough at first when I had lost 20 pounds and nobody except my wife was noticing. I suspect it was that they thought they did but didn't want to say something just in case. But when I hit 50, I just started getting compliment after compliment and it feelt awesome. But now I feel a sense of pressure to keep it off. But that is good because I just feed off that.
  • annyriveron
    annyriveron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband told me its starting to show that I am losing weight in my face.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Well, not like the lucky ones, I have no husband yet. But I kinda open myself up a little on Facebook showing the difference between the 2 years ago me and the now me... People has been flooding me with compliments :P
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    My brother said "you don't look my sister anymore. You look like my HALF sister!" Lmao

A guy friend of ours told me he was really happy for me, and then turned to my husband and said 'but I am REALLY happy for YOU. and ya better hang on to that sweet thing, cuz I am just waiting for my chance!" Bahaha! He's lucky that no one takes him seriously, cuz them's fighten' words!
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well I have had many compliments so far! Went to a wedding on Sunday and people were coming up to me saying how fabulous I look and my curves have come back and my muscle tone in my arms is looking good.......I LOVE a GOOD COMPLIMENT!!!
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My fiance is a dj and one night I decided to hang out at the bar while he did his thing. We're new in town so I figure maybe I can meet some people. This dance club/bar is age groups of late 20's to 70's. Anyways, a man came up to me and hit on me three different times that night. By the second time he said, I didn't know you were engaged. I smiled and said yes he's the dj. He immediately left me as I giggled. Then he came back up to me and said are you sure, uh yes I'm sure. He had never seen me before but made me feel pretty damn good that I could get hit on. I still have about 35-40 pounds to lose but still made my night!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine a few months ago gave me the best compliment I have ever gotten in my life when he said someone your size and he ment it in a good way :smile: I have always been the heavy friend and now I am not the heavy friend any more so it made me feel good
  • XED_gnarlydog
    Options
    Best reaction so far was a gal who I have not seen in since I started working out was looking for me at a conference and literally walked right past me and asked a co-worker if he had seen me. He pointed at me, she turned around and her jaw literally just dropped open. She was genuinely shocked at the change in my appearance and just kept saying "Wow! You look so great!"

It was pretty cool. I normally don't care much about what people think about my appearance, but this still felt pretty good. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!