Opinions please! Women going to sports bars alone.

Options

Replies

• BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    a woman that like sports and drink beer.. WOW!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I would say go out be social and mingle. Sit at the bar and make friends with the bar keep, he/she will take care of you :flowerforyou:

Exactly this. I go places alone all the time even though I am not single. I enjoy spending time by myself and meeting new people.

If I don't want to interact with anyone I take a book with me :)

Have fun!!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options

There are more of us out there than you think!
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I have a babysitter (almost every other Saturday) there is no way I'm staying home. Normally I go out with my husband, but when he is away (which he is) I go do things on my own. If I didn't, I'd go nuts. I really enjoy sitting at the bar and chatting with the locals. It keeps me sane and makes me feel like an adult. Don't drink too much, make sure you can make it home and you'll be fine :) HAVE FUN!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with it. I was single for 5 years and would go out by myself often - to the movies and to dinnner with a good book. I myself am not a bar person but if I was - I would have gone there also. As you mentioned keep your mind on safety - I would suggest getting to the bar early and making sure you park as close as you can in a well lighted area and have a blast!! :wink:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

LOL :) ANNNNND I actually know what's going on when games are on (basketball, football, baseball)...not just frontin' ;)
  • OnWisconsin84
    Options
    Way to go!! Sounds like you had a blast! I'd go alone to a sports bar myself to watch some soccer or something I was interested in.

By the way, you're a HOTTIE!!! Love your style. :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :love: If you lived by me I'd go with you!!

Aww, thank you :blushing:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I say go do it. Enjoy yourself.
  • OnWisconsin84
    Options
    I say go. You look like you could handle any trouble, or cause any trouble, you want.

hahahaha you know me so well :drinker:
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback :) I ended up going, and having a GREAT night. The bartender was good to me...after 6 hours of drinking beer that wasn't on special I left with a $17 tab. He said if I came back tonight he'd have my back again too...quite tempting!

I'd go back. I think he was into you. I doubt he does that for just anyone!
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options

LOL :) ANNNNND I actually know what's going on when games are on (basketball, football, baseball)...not just frontin' ;)

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    you need to go and have a good time. It is not lame at all!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I see it all the time down my way. I don't think anything is wrong with it. Just order a beer, small talk with whoever is sitting next to you, and have a good time.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've been a lot of places alone but not a bar yet (unless I got there first while waiting for people.) The place I usually go in my hometown, though? Yeah, I'd go alone if he was gone. They know my husband and I really well, so I'd be taken care of.

Good on you, OP, for going! For those considering it - DO. Maybe even during a big sporting event (like the Super Bowl) - lots of people to hang out and yell at the TV with. :)
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i do this ALL THE TIME. i met several locals at the bar and developed some friendships from it. it's hella fun and i'd def suggest you go.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I go to watch the games at the bar alone all the time. You'll be surprised how often a " That was a BS call" will get people to start talking with you.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Go - have a good time and meet some new people in the process!!! I would go :) matter of fact I have thought about it :drinker:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    If you really enjoy the sport and know enough to talk about it, you should feel free to go! But if you don't and you're just going to pick up guys, people will see right through that so don't do it!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    If you really enjoy the sport and know enough to talk about it, you should feel free to go! But if you don't and you're just going to pick up guys, people will see right through that so don't do it!

HUSH
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    Go and have a great time!!