BEYONCE'S MAPLE SYRUP DIET?

Options
13»

Replies

• flstarlady65
    Options
    Sometimes a short cut will come back and hit you in the face. I have tried so many diets it's not funny, but when you are not getting the nutrients your body needs it will fail. I have lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks. No, it didn't happen overnight but I know in the long run it will be better for me. Part of the process is knowing what to eat...and that does not sound like something I want to eat for any length of time.

Keep on Swimming!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It worked for Beyonce..... so good on her..... :smile:
    Allegedly.

Exactly - There is NO way a musical performer like Beyonce who is very active in her performances, similar to an athlete, could subsist on maple syrup and maintain the energy required to do what she does, not to mention the schedule she probably maintains.
  • Jamie65toloose
    Jamie65toloose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did it for a week when I was vegan. I lost 5 pounds and after the 2nd day it was not as bad. I believe I lasted 9 days for 5 pounds. Its mind over matter. The good thing was the weight did not come back on for me so it did stay off. Give it a try if you want. Its definitly will power!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I like maple syrup...but not that much.

Eat well, exercise, drink water and you get much better, long lasting results. :)

Now if you told me it was maple syrup and bacon...THAT I would try! ;)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz recommends it so it must be good.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet? From what I know it consists of only drinking maple syrup with water and lemon juice. Was thinking of doing this for maybe a weekend? Not too long as im aware that it's not very healthy haha but just to give me a kick start! Any thoughts or experiences? :)

Girl I know did this. I witnessed her pass out at work over the holidays. I laughed.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 lbs just sticking pretty close to what MFP tells me to do, which includes enjoying solid food in varying flavors and textures. Honestly I personally would go a little nuts on a liquid diet even for just a day unless I was so sick I couldn't stomach solid food. 'Kick starts' usually seem like fads to me that would make me feel like I would be punishing myself to try and lose a couple pounds. You can do this w/o punishing yourself. :-) Just make good choices and watch your portion sizes so you can stay close to your MFP goal and you should see results. :-)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Except for the fact there's so many different brands of juicers and they don't endorse a single one...

They do. If you go to their website, there is one that they recommend, and sell.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's a cleanse. Totally different, sure it works but don't expect that once you start eating real food that you're not going to gain any weight back.