I need some ideas for new breakfasts!

Options
13»

Replies

• jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I do smoothies....you can hide almost a cup of fresh baby spinach in there too without even tasting it (seriously). I usually use 8 oz soy milk, about 1/2 cup frozen berries and/or banana, handful or so of spinach...throw some flax seed in there along with a scoop of slimfast powder for flavor and extra vitamins. Fast and good for ya!
  • MummumAlie
    Options
    SOUNDS GREAT! :happy:
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    you really gotta give oatmeal another go girl! if u make it "from sctrach" and then add chopped almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon, or berries..... its heaven.......
  • MummumAlie
    Options
    THAT'S GOOD ! i LOVE WHOLE WHEAT WAFFLES AND I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER WITH BANANAS!
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    Kashi Berry Crumble is my fav!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    A couple of bacon slices or sausage patties, crumbled into a cup of cottage cheese: delicious and full of protein!
  • jenxya
    jenxya Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fruit & yogurt is always my go-to.....especially greek yogurt w/nectarines mixed in! SO GOOD! add a side of toast or something too if that's not enough.
    special K bars are usually pretty good, but not enough on their own. maybe take a piece of fruit with you along with the bar?
  • KristenDeeAnn
    KristenDeeAnn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my whole wheat sandwich thins and Morning Star sausage patty.
    Very filling and I take it in the car on my way to work with my diet DP, I am working on changing it to water!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Ok I need some ideas for breakfast! I am not a morning person at all so smoothies are out! I also dont like eggs or oatmeal! HELP ME!

LOL damn it!! I was going to suggest oats or scrambled eggs!!
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast is Sara Lee Delightful English Muffins (90 calories) topped with almond butter and a little jam or marmalade. Goes great with a cup of tea!
  • Tet005
    Tet005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast on the go?

Hand full of almonds and either an apple or an orange. Takes no time to prep and the nuts help you stay full!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    -slice of whole wheat bread with + 1 tbsp peanut butter + 1/2 banana in slices + sprinkle of cinnamon
    -1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt + cinnamon + walnuts + raisins
    -1 cup cottage cheese + apple cut into small pieces + cinnamon
    -3 small whole wheat pancakes + cinnamon + sugar-free syrup

I love cinnamon :)
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    So easy and so yummy! I buy the Target Market Pantry Frozen Triple Berry Blend and whole wheat waffles (Kashi has good ones and there is brand at Target as well that I cannot remember. Put the waffles in the toaster, I toast twice on a low setting. Put the berries in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes (1/2 cup berries). Pour the berries on the waffles and enjoy. They make their own syrup! Under 200 calories! If I have time I add scrambled eggs.
  • MummumAlie
    Options
    i LOVED ALL THE BREAKFAST IDEAS. i LOVE TO SIT DOWN AND MAKE FRESH COFFEE AND HAVE SOME TIME TO MYSELF OVER BREAKFAST ALONE. ENJOY FROZEN WHOLEWHEAT WAFFLES- MANY VARIETIES. i BUY NO SUGAR SYRUP AND THE FAMILY USES IT AND DON'T EVEN NOTICE. FRESH FRUIT - STRABERRIES OR BANANAS ON TOP. LIGHT COOL WHIP OR NON FAT.

NOW FOR EVEN LESS CALORIES i ALSO LIKE TO TOAST SOME DELICIOUS GOOD FOR YOU TOAST - WHATEVER KIND YOU WANT, AND TOP IT WITH BLACKBERRY JAM, SUGAR FREE IF NEED BE, AND TEAR UP A SLICE OF EITHER AMERICAN CHEESE OR VEGGIE CHEESE ON TOP. LIKE EATING GRAPES AND CHEESE OR WINE AND CHEESE IF YOU USE YOUR IMAGINATION. CAN BE VERY FEW CALORIES DEPENDING ON WHAT BREAD AND JELLY YOU CHOOSE!