Any active vegans or vegetarians on here?! :)

Options
12346»

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I'm not into shakes anyway, but it's got rice in it, so it's out for me!
    Hi Everyone,

I didn't know if you any you gals/guys have heard but Shakeology has come out with a new Vegan shake...Tropical Strawberry.
    * 100 % Vegan
    * Dairy free
    * Lactose free
    * Plant-based proteins
    * Ideal for those who cannot tolerate whey protein, animal proteins, dairy, soy, or wheat/gluten

It's available on February 14th. I can't wait to try it out!

I have alot more information on it including the whole Nutrition facts label if anyone is interested.
  • Courtneycms88
    Courtneycms88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I didn't know if you any you gals/guys have heard but Shakeology has come out with a new Vegan shake...Tropical Strawberry.
    * 100 % Vegan
    * Dairy free
    * Lactose free
    * Plant-based proteins
    * Ideal for those who cannot tolerate whey protein, animal proteins, dairy, soy, or wheat/gluten

It's available on February 14th. I can't wait to try it out!

I have alot more information on it including the whole Nutrition facts label if anyone is interested.

I personally use the Sunwarrior brand of protein powder every morning with some PB2, and it tastes amazing without such a huge cost. Sunwarrior is vegan with sprouted brown rice and I feel full for a good couple hours. Also the calorie content compared to nutrition is awesome.

I have been off and on vegetarian/vegan for a while now, but as of last month decided to go back to as close to vegan as I can. I love the light feeling on my stomach at all times even after eatting till I am full. I also love the taste of food when the flavors start coming out brighter and lighter.
  • msps1973
    msps1973 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly vegan since July 2011. Always looking for some friends on MFP~ good for support and recipes :)
  • kristine813
    Options
    I'm a vegan, my biggest struggle is too many carbs- Please add me. I only have one friend on here so far. I need to lose 20 pounds and get back in shape and am open to advice. Also, no matter what I eat, I never really feel full so any advice on that any of you can give would be awesome!
  • kristine813
    Options
    One tip for you, I use Arbonne's Protein shakes when I'm on the go and want a healthy and more cost friendly meal than eating out. They are certified vegan as well as gluten free! Let me know if you'd like more info.

I LOVE Arbonne. I just tried the Protein shakes for the first time this week. I drink them after a workout, quicker than putting together a smoothie. They taste pretty good too. I love all things Arbonne!
  • frainfam
    frainfam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started a vegan way of eating, and would love some support :) Please, feel free to add me as a friend
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Vegan checking in. I write a [fledgling] vegan food blog, read it here: www.thevegankitchen.net.
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 90% vegetarian, so please add me! I just posted 3 good veggie recipes on my blog. I have tried them all this week with great success!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Veggie here :tongue:
  • sjhaar
    sjhaar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegan for about a year and a half now and absolutely love it! Feel free to add me! I don't update my food diary often because I don't have much time, but I do stay pretty active with exercise!
  • niklynne
    Options
    Vegetarian here. I also find the carbs vs protein hard to manage. I do.not.like.tofu. And, sadly, I rely on processed "meat" replacements a lot. But, they are yummy. *sigh*

I have tried, a few times, to go vegan. But I'll be honest... I love cheese TOOO MUCH. It is always my downfall.

Feel free to add me!
  • JLD_1985
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and like to cook vegan recipes. Would really recommend appetite for reduction cookbook for low fat but yummy vegan food. I'm not quite at the stage where I want go fully vegan yet but I am taking it in small steps and I hope to get there one day. Feel free to add me as a friend on here.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for almost 2 years. When i started, i did it mostly out of ethical reasons (factory farming abuse, etc.) but now i also realize it is so much more of a healthy lifestyle as well. Don't know how well my food diary looks, as i'm a guy who tends to not cook up crazy meals everyday, but anyone is free to add me if they wish. :)
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since December 21, 1989. I don't have any nutritional concerns for me. However, I have lots of nutrition concerns for those eating the Standard American Diet (SAD). I gained weight when I stopped journaling my food and exercising regularly. Now that I'm back on those two things, the weight is coming off. Oh- and my blood pressure is down, I'm off the c-pap and I feel much more energetic. :)