Anyone 20-40 yrs of age w/ around 30 lbs or so to lose??

Options
Hi everyone! In Nov 2011 I made a goal that I would love to lose about 30 lbs or so. Now that 2012 is here I am finding that I need some ppl my age and weightloss goal oriented to add as friends for support. I am going to be 31 in April and would love to have dropped atleast 15 lbs or more by then. My ultimate goal would be the 30 lbs, but I'm trying to realistic and not set my self up for failure so I don't get discouraged. I finally feel that my life is on the upswing for the first time in 2.5 yrs and I can accomplish this now with the right frame of mind. Anyone else feel the same way???

Replies

• newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want to.

Started on my 35th Birthday with 37lbs roughly to loose. I've lost 9 and have another 28lbs to go.

Will see how I look then and May have another 10lbs to go.

You can do it if you put your mind to it :o)
  • misty8parker
    misty8parker Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Im 35 and I have 30 lbs to go!!
  • kazpixie
    Options
    I'm 28 and looking to lose about 30lbs as well - feel free to add :)
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    welcome here and hope you have a great day
  • bpatac
    bpatac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and having the hardest time myself
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Turning 30 in April and want to lose about 28 pounds! Add me! I'd love to support eachother! My goal is to hit goal by my bday and enter my 30's at goal!!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and yeah...about 30 I think?
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, wanting to lose 52 pounds and down 7
  • timheywood
    Options
    40, just starting (to lose 30-40kg not pounds) and have no friends <sniff>

Add me if you wish!

Good luck...

T
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. I've already lost about 25 lbs and have another 20 lbs to go. Feel free to add.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in October & a few weeks before my birthday I started my journey. I have about 40 lbs to lose and I'm giving myself 40 weeks to do it (kind of like a pregnancy I suppose, lol). Then I start the new journey in my life - MAINTENANCE!!! I'm always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • poes933
    poes933 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 28, with a birthday next month. Trying to do about 50lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello. You can add me as well. I will be 30 this year in July. I am hoping to lose 50 pounds and get to my goal by then. If not, I would like to be close. I gained back 10 pounds over the Christmas holiday so I am a little upset with myself. My biggest struggle is with the food and emotional eating. I am tired of this cycle. I am ready to do this. I have put my whole life on hold because of my weight and I know that I need to change that. I am praying 2012 will be the best year ever.
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    hi i am 30 (in 2 weeks) i have @ 30 lbs to lose. Friend me if you like :happy:
  • rosssport
    rosssport Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    37, feel free to ad me.... never can have too much support.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 with two little ones, married, working full-time, and trying to do it all and do it well. I'd be happy to lose about 20-30.
  • Hkeemom
    Options
    I am turning 39 tomorrow . My goal is to drop 40 lbs and so far over the past 3 mos I have dropped 15 lbs, even with the holidays! I am also working with a health coach ( also friend) to help not only with diet, losing weight but also emotional stress etc. One suggestion she said is yes you need to be realistic. Drink plenty of water, eat lots of fiber riched foods ( flax seeds, quinoa) and fruits / vegetables. You need to do what you can as far as diets as they are not for everyone. Eating the right foods along with exercise and you should shed those pounds!
    I set myself up with this great app on my cell.. its called Jefit . Check it out. I love it and developed my own exercise routine. It gives suggestions, exercises that you can do at home or at a gym. It should be a lifestyle change, something that you can do everyday and stick with it. Good luck and feel free to contact me if you want!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    25 with approx 30 to lose.. 25-30 anyway lol
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and have a little over 30 to lose. Feel free to add me. I've learned that the more support you have the easier the journey seems.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 30 and I have 31 lbs left to lose. I have lost 32 so far. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck!