A new me in almost a year of MFP (with pics)

Options
A_New_Horizon
A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
Let me give some background of myself to explain my success. My name is Beth, and I am a 27 yr old single mother of 2 small children (Laci is almost 3 and Carson is 18 mo old). I have always struggled with my weight, even though, I was very involved in sports (volleyball and cheerleading). In high school, my weight was around 160 then I went off to college where I gained the sophmore 15 or 20 lbs. I finished college around 175 lbs.

Short after college, I met my soon to be ex husband on Myspace. We dated and married way too quickly (within 6 mo). My ex had some court issues which landed him in jail for 5 months - he got out July 2007. In Dec, we decided to start trying for a baby, and I was pregnant April 2008 with our daughter, Laci was due Jan 2009. When my daughter was born, I weighed 200 lbs, but I quickly dropped back to about 180 lbs, but the up late nights and Laci having me up alot caused me to snack during the night which the scale quickly showed. Before I knew it, I was back up to 200 lbs. I started to try to lose weight again and dropped 10 lbs, but then I got pregnant with my son who was due June 2010 - the babies are 17 mo apart. When Carson was born, I weighed around 211 lbs then I quickly dropped back to around 195 lbs. To give you some more background, my ex landed back in jail in Dec. 2009 (for 6.5 to 40 yrs), I was 8 weeks pregnant and had a 11 mo old at home - I was all alone.

My mom moved in with me Feb. 2010 to help with the babies and financially help me because I couldn't do it on my own (on a single income). I stood faithfully by my soon to be ex for 18 months, but I had enough of my ex's abuse. He was emotionally and verbally abusive. I was never good enough. I spent too much money on myself/my babies but didn't send him enough money. I wasn't pretty/skinny enough. I also found out that he cheated on me while we were together. I walked on eggshells around him because I never knew what was going to send him over the edge next. I started my weight loss journey in Sept 2010, and after losing 40 lbs I told my ex to hit the road. I asked for a divorce in June 2011. He tried everything possible to get me back, but nothing worked. I had enough, and he wasn't going to change for anyone. I have realized throughout this whole process that I can only change myself and NOT someone else. He is who he is, but it doesn't mean I have to put up with it.

When I started this journey, I weighed 194 (I am 5'3"), so I was obese. - Sept 2010
1znlxye.png

This picture was taken yesterday. My current weight is 132 lbs (62 lbs down)
2n8y2iv.jpg

The moral of this story is....NEVER put up with abuse of any kind. Everyone deserves better! I now feed of what my ex says to prove a point - he is part of my motivation to keep going and NOT put the weight back on. Plus, my babies... I want to be healthy for them since I am the only parent around. Plus, I hope to find true love some day who will truely love me for me and not how I look. With my new look and outlook on life, things will look up with time. I am learning to find joy in the small things. I am also learning to rely on God more - with Him, NOTHING is impossible!!!

Replies

• janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    you are amazing Beth!! Truly and inspiration. BTW I really miss your toning group..ive tried to do it by myself but it hasnt worked out too good :grumble:

Thank you for being such an amazing beautiful and strong woman!!! :heart:
  • naecarter
    naecarter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "I have realized throughout this whole process that I can only change myself and NOT someone else. He is who he is, but it doesn't mean I have to put up with it."

Amen!!! I have had to tell myself this about several people in my life! I cannot change others, only how I choose to deal with the situation...I will never again be forced to try to change who I am either. Be true to yourself, the rest will fall into place.

Good for you! You look amazing, and I'm sure the emotional relief has been a BIG plus!!!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job girl!!! You have done and are doing an amazing job!!:flowerforyou:
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You truely are inspirational!!! Great job under the circumstances.... I look up to you with all your success and hope to reach that same milestone someday :wink:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both your weight loss and your new healthy outlook! You will be an amazing role model to your children.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)).. I feel ya girl!~ My boys were 2 1/2, and 4 mos when my ex went back to prison AGAIN! He was gone a good majority of our 15yr relationship. Everytime he went back to the pen, i'd say "this is it!, i'm leaving you!"... It took being a single mom for me to actually stick to my word. He is out of mine & my boys life for good. Don't worry, the right man is out there for you somewhere. I found my prince and am enjoying life:)
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What a story!!! You should absolutely be proud of yourself and all that you have accomplished. Stay strong! You are amazing!
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! Love your mindset change as well as the physical changes you've made. Keep strong!

M
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What an inspiration.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Beth. you are an inspiration, keep up the great work.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I think you are my new hero! WAY TO GO, GIRL!!! :happy:
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    YOU LOOK FABULOUS!
  • TJ435
    TJ435 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!!
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're an inspiration in more ways than one!
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an inspiring story. You look amazing.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing ;)
  • Treighsie
    Options
    What a difference! Way to go! And what an inspiratioal story.
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!