Foods you are powerless over?

Options
Mine is pizza. I have learned that I can't order it at all, because I can't eat just one slice (or two for that matter). I love pizza and will eat quite a bit. I have a problem with self control over pizza.

What foods can you just not buy/order at all because you can't resist?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Cheese balls. Not cheese puffs, not cheese crackers... just cheese balls. A family size bag becomes a MY size bag. :blushing:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    whole milk, I love it :love:
  • angele4200
    angele4200 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cheese, any and all kinds. Especially with crackers.
  • aahand
    aahand Posts: 27
    Options
    Utz kettle cooked Maui potato chips. I have been known to eat an entire bag of these...
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Virtually any other food I can stop when I'm not hungry, and go about my business, but there's something about the greasy cheesey pizza that keeps me stuffing my face until I near explode.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    French fries. YUM! :love:
  • amberrrrh
    amberrrrh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    chips, sugary candy ( sprees, orange slices, gummi worms and bears), and a juicy hamburger.
    bloody marys.

keep them away from me!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Cheese pizza...especially with hot peppers and pineapple. Evening in the ordering process, I would have a hard time ordering a small serving.
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Pizza. Virtually any other food I can stop when I'm not hungry, and go about my business, but there's something about the greasy cheesey pizza that keeps me stuffing my face until I near explode.

Same here! I don't know what it is about pizza...I even had a lunch yesterday planned out and everything, then work brought in pizza for everyone. That was it, all over. Blew my calories out in one meal!!!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    French fries. I will eat every french fry on my plate, no matter how many there are and how hungry I am. I once heard of a place that had all you can eat fries - I'm glad I've never seen such a place, because I would be dead.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Ice cream - specifically Moose Tracks. I can't have a serving, oh no. More like 4 at a time. Just cannot have it in my house when I'm trying to eat at a deficit.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Rice with butter and a little salt. The real problem is that I have to cook it. I feed a fam of 5, my 2 year old grandson loves rice, you gotta put some kind of starch on the table, rice-taters-pasta-corn-something. So once or twice a week I do a cooker of rice and have too much of it and ya',,,

My other biggie is Poppycock Cashew Lovers toffee popcorn stuff. "Casper crack" I call it. The can calls to me from the pantry and I cannot resist. That one's pretty easy to conquer though, I just don't buy the stuff. But I have to serve starch.
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    pizza and reduced fat ruffles!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter - I'm currently banning it from my house (temporarily) until I can learn to control myself. The last jar I bought was consumed all by me in 1-2 days.

In all seriousness, though - I truly believe that we are never powerless unless we give up our power. I WILL learn to control myself and eat reasonably, even around my trigger foods... (PB included!) it's just going to take a bit of time, the changing of habits, and hard work to get there! :drinker:
  • fortunerose
    Options
    Oreos !
  • hoopymog
    hoopymog Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will struggle with lots of foods if I have access to them, but Pizza is the biggie. Just like the OP, I cannot stop, well until only the crumbs are left.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    None, because I'm in control. I say yes or no to anything I want. :D
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bacon
    chips/queso
    tequila
    oreos
    movie theatre popcorn
  • Yanicka1