Come ON people ...

Options

Replies

• stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like the generic "great burn" or something on my exercise when it was the worst workout in weeks and I struggled with it. My friends haven't been like that too much but I've seen it on others. Seriously...great burn cleaning the house? Didn't you do that before?
  • Witchylady
    Options
    In response to dsjohndrow - why comment and check only those that have lost a considerable amount of weight? It looks like you've lost a considerable amount and I would think you would want to assist and support those of us that are new to the game here.

It's a shame that so many find success and then let their success lead to big ego's and lack of support for others. You too, were once a newbie and started with 0 lbs lost etc.

Thank you for the original poster too, I upon guidance and suggestion from another MFP user, discovered my diary was not pulbic so I changed that as I want all the feedback and support I can get.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Once again I repeat myself. I always had an open diary until everyone was criticizing my calorie intake which was based on several endocrinologists orders. No one bothered to look at my profile. I am sorry, buy unless you are a doctor I do not think you should really criticize until someone asks. It is like someone approaching you and saying "You need to lose weight" and you didn't not ask. I am sorry to repost this it just upsets me when people criticize and dont support others.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I never comment on anyones food diary. What they eat is their business whether their diary is public or private. With out knowing their background, medical history or any specifics and the fact that I'm not a doctor/nutritionist/dietician I feel I'm not qualified to make a comment.

Well said!!! TY
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't comment on diary completions...because I don't look at their diaries.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Once again I repeat myself. I always had an open diary until everyone was criticizing my calorie intake which was based on several endocrinologists orders. No one bothered to look at my profile. I am sorry, buy unless you are a doctor I do not think you should really criticize until someone asks. It is like someone approaching you and saying "You need to lose weight" and you didn't not ask. I am sorry to repost this it just upsets me when people criticize and dont support others.

I just wanted to say that I do not criticize my friends' diaries ... I provide feedback. My friend's list is not out of control for this very reason ... I get to know my friends ... I continually check their profiles ... I know which friends are are "watching their carbs", those that are trying to lose weight, those who are trying to gain weight, etc. The whole point of MFP is to find people who are there to support you ... to pick you up when you are down ... to say "job well done" when you succeed. I keep my friends to a minimum so I CAN know them.

I probably didn't make that too clear in my original post, but those who are currently my friends know this about me ... because they know me. =)

No offense was meant, I assure you.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I dont comment unless I can view them first. Did that one time and the girl was starving herself...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary...
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I think I might have seen a few people post about this before.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    People start from where they are. What is good for them might be an atrocity for you or me. Everyone has their own beliefs of what makes a good diet and a good workout. Some are here simply to JUST lose weight and eat less. I could probably save more of my own time if I just commented on one person per day thoroughly scouring everything they have done and analyzing their success based on my own beliefs and making suggestions or comments that they may or may not appreciate. I choose not to do that. If that makes me a bad friend, then I'm a bad friend. If someone is here and trying I say give them a pat on the back. If they are here to play games and it makes them feel better to catch sloppy friends such as myself then you got me! I am ashamed now. I'll go and wait for everyone to unfriend me so I can cry my eyes out. Boo hoo.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    It is rare that i will look at someone elses diary,,shoot I have enough trouble keeping track of my own !
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't really look at everyone's diary. It's kind of boring to look at what people ate and I'm not one of those people that will comment that you ate too little, too much, too much sodium, omg u ate fast food what are you dumb, etc......
    when i see someone has burned calories or logged in for X amount of days thats usually when i do comment.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I try to leave comments for all my friends but also read each and every diary. If I dont have time to actually look at the diary for the foods/water intake/ and exercise done, I dont leave a note. I try to catch up every morning for the last 24 hours but sometimes I dont always make it that far

I try to leave a note so they will know that I actually viewed their diary with a personal comment about certain foods that we both like or something I've never tried before.
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What kind of a friend is it that gives praise all the time. Does that really help anyone? I need my friends to be honest. Give credit where credit is due. If I'm doing poorly I want it to be called to my attention. A "pat on the back", "good job" isn't always the best thing. :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? I don't understand getting all uptight about it, it's mostly meant out of kindness. If that isn't what you want then remove that friend. Life is way too short to get yourself in a bunch over internet stuff.
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Perfect Solution!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I always look before commenting.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My fav. is "You'll do better tomorrow" or "Tomorrow is a new day, you'll be back on track" when you've NAILED your macros and have gone over by only 5 or 10 calories. Can you say....delete?
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I figure if they post that day's food and click the little finish button thingy they must think they have done a good job. Do I look at every single entry? Probably not, but I try to post an encouraging note. If I don't log all my foods for the day I don't click the complete button. I guess I figured that was how most people did it.
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    I totally agree. I look at my friend's diary if it's open, and I comment and be honest. I don't want to see my friend eating only a banana all day lol that isn't very healthy!