What do you fear the most ?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Commitment.
    -wtk

Postscript: And, irrational as it is, bees.

Fear of bees is not irrational IMHO. Hubby found out two years ago that he suddenly has a severe allergy to them. He'd been stung several times earlier that same year and never reacted but that last one almost did him in! Thank goodness he was with his club or I might've lost my hubby to a damn bee! He was stung again this year and was prepared with his epipen and some benadryl but still had to go to the ER for follow up. Scary stuff!

Personally, I have a fear of falling. Most of the time it's no biggee but I sometimes get panic attacks (freeze up and/or cry - so embarrassing) when hiking if the terrain gets rocky and there are few/no trees to grab on to for support. Geez, just typing about it makes my palms sweat!
    ETA: I figure this fear is somewhat rational because I had a bad fall when I was little that led to panicked relatives and a trip to the hospital in an ambulance. Which reminds me, I also have a feer of walking on icy surfaces for the same reason, but it doesn't cause panic attacks.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 642 Member
    failure
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    scary-clown.jpg
    clown.gif
    clown.jpg
  • failing is at the top of my list and holes....don't ask why
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 729 Member
    Heights, bees, and spiders.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Unbearable pain.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Being locked in an elevator with ElExGordo after he tells us about his recent feast of Mexican food.
    smiley-fart006.gif
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Mental illness

^ This one....24/7 nightmare.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Fear of bees is not irrational IMHO. Hubby found out two years ago that he suddenly has a severe allergy to them. He'd been stung several times earlier that same year and never reacted but that last one almost did him in! Thank goodness he was with his club or I might've lost my hubby to a damn bee! He was stung again this year and was prepared with his epipen and some benadryl but still had to go to the ER for follow up. Scary stuff!

Well...I've never been stung. Ever. And I don't even think it would hurt. I just don't want to be stung.
    -wtk
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Clowns
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

Well...I've never been stung. Ever. And I don't even think it would hurt. I just don't want to be stung.
    -wtk

Oh, it hurts.

I fear clowns, rapists and murderers.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Abandonment and loosing everything......

oh...and that clown kinda tops the list also.....

PS....unless you are allergic, there is really no need to be afraid of bees....they normally will not even sting unless frightened themselves.....

I have been a bee keeper for years, never wear protection except maybe a veil in the middle of the summer, and have never been stung......they are fascinating little beings♥
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 140 Member
    1. Fear of heights.:noway:
    2. Fear of enclosed spaces.:cry:
    3. Fear of having more panic attacks. Fear of fear!:sad:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Bridges. Mostly it is the idea of bridges collapsing or falling off but just being on a bridge is scary enough.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member

-wtk

I've never been stung either, and I have a huge fear of it. I think the longer you go without being stung, the worse the fear gets.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Failure (Kinda surprised to see so many of us)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Cancer
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I fear clowns, rapists and murderers.
    But hobos ain't no thing. Amiright?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    I'm not afraid of heights.. .but I am afraid of falling from them.....

Yep it's the depths that get you all the time :laugh:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Losing people I love, and my house catching on fire. Not sure why...but I will check things numerous times before leaving my house to make sure everythings turned off. (curling iron, coffee pot, etc.)