Replies

• CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Cup cakes that aren't moist.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Cup cakes that aren't moist.

Dont' forget to add vagi....oh nevermind.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    failure...
  • seesusanwrite
    seesusanwrite Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. Something bad happening to my kiddo
    2. Spiders (big hairy ones....small ones I can deal with)
    3. Sharks (Jaws was #1 hit when i was a kid and it really impacted me)
    4. Dying while my kiddo is young (I'm a single mom and who would take care of him? Ugh. That keeps me up sometimes)

When I was reviewing this board I saw something interesting. Some people rated failure as a fear while others rated success as a fear. I find that interesting when both are relative based on what we think failure and success is. If we fear something that is based on our own idea of what it is- like failure- then perhaps we can just change the definition? So, for example, instead of failure meaning not getting a great job it really means not putting in the resume.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    scary-clown.jpg
    clown.gif
    clown.jpg

Crouches down behind the sofa and weeps softly while rocking back and forth :sad:
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Large bridges...real bad. I have to cross the George Washington and either the RFK, Whitestone or Throgsneck Bridges for work twice a month often squeezing the hell out of the steering wheel. My heart pounds, breathing is difficult, and forget it if there is a traffic jam. It's awful, especially going to NY, I have 2 1/2 hours to think about it and work myself up.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    scary-clown.jpg
    clown.gif
    clown.jpg

Crouches down behind the sofa and weeps softly while rocking back and forth :sad:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of heights, its widths that scare the bejeepers out of me....
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Anything slithery. Snakes, worms, slugs etc. *shivers* So phobic. I can't even look at them on TV..or go in a pet store that has them. If I see one it's not pretty.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of heights.. .but I am afraid of falling from them.....

I am not afraid of the fall, just the sudden stops. :laugh:
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Failing at anything!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Men. I am so scared all the time that a man is going to rape/beat/murder me. It's on my mind at all times.

I am also scared of shootings, anytime I am anywhere public I always think there is going to be some mass shooting. Like at the mall or grocery store, and when I am at my sons Highschool for anything I really freak out inside the entire time. Anyplace I go I make sure I know where the exits are and I also try to stay as close them one as possible. In a restaurant I will ask to be seated by an exit. I just know someday some crazy man is going to come in and start shooting at everyone and I will need to get myself and kids (if they are with me) out. I need to be prepared.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Inadequacy

I realize that all my tangible fears (snakes, the ocean, and heights) result from the true fear of not being _______ (insert appropriate adjective for situation) enough to handle it.
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    death of people close to me...
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    spiders and mice :noway:

14260509.png[/url]
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    squirrels. yea, i know, laugh it up :frown:
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    sharks :(
  • benzzito
    Options
    premature ejaculation.....

That's Funny :laugh:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    earthquakes.... you can run/hide from tornadoes, sunamis and floods... but you cant hide from an earthquake. I was in the 7.9 Loma Linda earthquake in 1989 in the Bay area, stuck in a 4 story building with only 2 doors and no windows.... just knew the building was comming down on me.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I used to be scared of a lot of things, but I'm not afraid of anything any more.

I've survived a lot of stuff and I'm determined not to let anything get the better of me.

If something scares me, I face it upfront, no matter how hard it is. The only thing I haven't done that with is parachuting because I have already had one too many knee and ankle injuries that I don't think it's a smart idea to inflic those stresses on my joints.