When is a pound lost and where does it go?

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    With regards to the second part, it doesn't become nothing as such, but is converted into energy, which is lost/expended as heat amongst other things including kinetic energy... (scavenging the remnants of my science lessons from oh so many years ago here!)

^exactly. Just like a gallon of gasoline "disappears" into heat energy to be used as fuel. Fat does the same thing for your body.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't care where it goes and I never wanna see it again! :happy:
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I lost my pound in El Segundo.
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Several of these responses helped me burn calories today from laughing so hard. Thank you for help with my journey!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    The fat cells don't disappear...they shrink. Let me see if I can find the link...
  • xocliwharas
    Options
    I lost my pound in El Segundo.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    our 300 plus americans have to keep the earth balance by the estimated 1.2 billion Chinese..if we all lost weight here in the United States, it would knock the EArth off its axis and create a wobble...not good LOL
  • fudog
    fudog Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Now that's some funny s**t right there...
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    OMG this is the best thread I've read in a long time. Obviously I need to pee more. :drinker:
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Most funniest and interesting thread! haha
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think every pound you lost in December was found by my thighs.

:laugh:
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    HaHa..this thread made my day!
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think every pound you lost in December was found by my thighs.

Bwaahahaha!! I know that feeling!!! :laugh:
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    when you are burning fat look for when thing when you go to toilet to pee you will notice something white in your pee is like chicken fat thats how some of your fat comes out

If you have chicken fat in your pee, you may need to see a doctor...

EDIT: Looks like about 50 people already said this before me....
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It goes from you off through time and space to settle in a new home on the butt of some guy at McDonald's eating fries...:wink:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Funny stuff ya'll.
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    Some responses have had me laughing so hard I can't see the screen for tears. Thank you for brightening my day.

On the serious side, the scientists who have posted on the previous pages - these are the responses that are the ones to read, read and read again. As fitness instructors we get this bit drilled in to us. I could go on ad infinitum about ATP/ADP energy exchange but I think those other posters put it wonderfully.
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just brightened my boring work day really had trouble to not laugh out loud - that would have confused my colleagues
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    well you can stay at maintainance at burn 500 cals a day n you will lose a pound every week.
    2nd ques when you are burning fat look for when thing when you go to toilet to pee you will notice something white in your pee is like chicken fat thats how some of your fat comes out n some as a sweat. because when i did a diet few years back when the white thing came in pee i got scared that its something serious but found out its nothing just fat so a doctor knows best.

So THIS is why drinking water helps you lose weight...the more water you drink, the more you pee, so the more fat can leave your body...good to know :huh:

Seriously, you'd think that with all the resources we have available to us, people would not be THIS misinformed. And that doctor...how did he/she ever get a license to practice medicine?! :grumble: