Maybe it's mean of me...

Options
... But if someone adds me randomly as a friend I always accept, but then if I see that they have a 600 cal daily goal which they are eating under by a few hundred everyday I delete them.

I guess I'm trying to surround myself with healthy positive people who I can relate too?
I know that I may not know the whole story, but I can't see people cheering others on because they only ate 300 calories that day, it makes me sad and makes me think I'm a hippopotamus.

Am I alone here?

Replies

• KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So not alone. That's crazy that someone could think that <1000 calories is healthy let alone 600!
    I much prefer the "want to be healthy" people.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If someone randomly attempts to add someone else as a friend, they shouldn't be all that shocked to be randomly removed either.

That said, I don't actually log all my food online even though I am tracking it. I also set my goal somewhat higher than 600 cal :)
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I try not to keep friends that make me feel anxious, in real life and online.

I mean I can see someone struggle and I can applaud their efforts to work through it, but I do not need to be worried about someone who is intentionally doing these things....
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    If someone randomly attempts to add someone else as a friend, they shouldn't be all that shocked to be randomly removed either.

That said, I don't actually log all my food online even though I am tracking it. I also set my goal somewhat higher than 600 cal :)

That's understandable, but these girls I'm pretty sure aren't doing that, it's more " I had a glass of tea and half an apple for lunch now I feel full" kind of thing
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I try not to keep friends that make me feel anxious, in real life and online.

I mean I can see someone struggle and I can applaud their efforts to work through it, but I do not need to be worried about someone who is intentionally doing these things....

Exactly!
    It's enough I have a 32 year old child at home! Lol ( my hubby)
  • misskerouac
    Options
    So not alone. That's crazy that someone could think that <1000 calories is healthy let alone 600!
    I much prefer the "want to be healthy" people.

I need people who like food!!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I am also a hippopotomus :)
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I am also a hippopotomus :)

DITTO!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Hippopotamuses Unite!
  • cynlee1626
    Options
    I don't think it is mean. I think they are lying anyway -- or anorexic or bulemic.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    They just may not be filling everything out. But I agree. I want like-minded friend so that we can support one another.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I don't think it is mean. I think they are lying anyway -- or anorexic or bulemic.

Oh these are definitly people with eating disorders of some sort. I just feel bad deleting them, but at the same time I don't.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    They just may not be filling everything out. But I agree. I want like-minded friend so that we can support one another.

Yes, I want like minded, looking to get healthy people.
    These are people who set their goal at 600 or so.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am going to randomly friend you because we are both hippopotamus, and I think that is really cool. Also, I eat like a hippopotamus and still manage to lose!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Awesome! The more in the herd the better. ( I don't know the collective term for hippos lol)

Maybe these people have just never been introduced to Nutella or Peanut butter, because lord knows I could spend 200 calories on those alone
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I do the same thing.

I will send a private message to find out if there is a medical condition or something but if I see after a couple weeks they don't eat I delete them as well.

Another thing that bothers me is when people don't send messages with their request, even though I say that I will not accept if you don't send a quick note as to why we'd be a good fit.

I don't want a ton of friends I prefer to have a small group of like-minded woman around me for the support and encouragement.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I get random requests every few days, if there is no message but I look on their profile and get why they thought we'd get along I'll accept it.

I need positivity though, I don't need to worry about someone's eating habits.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    You also have to remember that they may have had WLS - and early stages you are allowed very minimal calories (under 1000). So until you know the full picture, it is kind of unfair to judge them.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome! The more in the herd the better. ( I don't know the collective term for hippos lol)

Maybe these people have just never been introduced to Nutella or Peanut butter, because lord knows I could spend 200 calories on those alone

YUUUMMMM Nutella!!! :p How could you go through life...no even 1 day on only 600 cal. I think I would die... and probably kill people. Because when I am hungry, watch out! lol
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Not at all, I do that too. however; I generally ask in a PM whats up so that I know the full story some people are on VLC's as per their doctor and then I am a bit more willing to keep them as I know it is not a long term thing and they are under the care of a medical provider, but if it is just them trying to lose weight fast its a quick delete.