Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I just don't add anyone. :happy:

You added me. CrossedArms.gif
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i don't delete anyone, i just hide them.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    except me
    *smug*
    You are the 1%.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You added me. CrossedArms.gif
    You were swinging a billy club, intimidating me.
  • garn1232
    Options
    why add people if they don't interact. I accept, but if they don't interact, I delete them.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    ... But if someone adds me randomly as a friend I always accept, but then if I see that they have a 600 cal daily goal which they are eating under by a few hundred everyday I delete them.

I guess I'm trying to surround myself with healthy positive people who I can relate too?
    I know that I may not know the whole story, but I can't see people cheering others on because they only ate 300 calories that day, it makes me sad and makes me think I'm a hippopotamus.

Am I alone here?

But I take a drop of magic elixir that says I can stay under 600.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    There are people who under eat, over eat, eat junk, eat clean and so on. I think that it is unfair to call out a group. The people struggling with EDs have enough things to deal with already, and I don't think calling them out and judging is doing any good. Just my opinion

I understand they are struggling with something that I have never dealt with. And I guess it's unfair for me delete them because of that, but for me to succeed at getting healthier I need to surround myself with people who are like minded and have similar health goals.

Thats not what I meant. It is understandable to delete them for any reason you would like. I have done the same just for the reason they break my heart! I'm talking more about the post - I could be wrong but the whole post sounds judgmental to me. Maybe a post stating your goals and asking for like minded ones would have been better :flowerforyou:

That is why I don't add anyone who doesn't leave a message. Usually that tells what we have in common and such :D
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hey count me in on the Hippo group!

I did a liquid diet one time that was only 330 calories per day. It's called Medifast. Now their program is different from what I can tell from the commercials on TV. But I was allowed 3 shakes per day at 110 calories each. Let's just say I went from 169 to 115 in a hurry.

No one bothered to tell me that when I quit doing it and returned to my regular foods that I would gain 2-3 pounds per day. And 30 years later I weighed 290. I also yo-yo dieted my way up the scale with every gimmick out there.

For the first time I feel I'm in control of my own destiny and fate in changing my lifestyle. And I love getting to eat my own foods and even the occasional fast food if I work my 1500 calories right.

I should say that the liquid diet wrecked my whole body. I couldnt go to the bathroom without laxatives. My heart was always pounding in my chest. I was tired as all get out and walking 5 miles a day.

So no shortcuts for me. This is my last go around and I'm doing it right and keeping it right.

So if any of you hippos out there want to be friends with me, check out my profile, diary, blogs etc and send me a request. I always love adding new friends who are on the same track with me and really committed to changing their lives.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    There are people who under eat, over eat, eat junk, eat clean and so on. I think that it is unfair to call out a group. The people struggling with EDs have enough things to deal with already, and I don't think calling them out and judging is doing any good. Just my opinion

I understand they are struggling with something that I have never dealt with. And I guess it's unfair for me delete them because of that, but for me to succeed at getting healthier I need to surround myself with people who are like minded and have similar health goals.

Thats not what I meant. It is understandable to delete them for any reason you would like. I have done the same just for the reason they break my heart! I'm talking more about the post - I could be wrong but the whole post sounds judgmental to me. Maybe a post stating your goals and asking for like minded ones would have been better :flowerforyou:

That is why I don't add anyone who doesn't leave a message. Usually that tells what we have in common and such :D

Fair enough, but I wasn't asking for new friends. I was more seeing if I'm the only one in this situation.
    I will take your and others advice on here though and probably just stick to accepting requests from those with a message attached
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    except me
    *smug*
    You are the 1%.
    damn right!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    What about "judging" people for "judging" others.... *eye rollage*....The cycle never ends.... We all "judge"...it's what we do... Adults should be able to state their opinions without someone getting their panties in a twist over it... MY OPINION!!
    This thing with people being so overly sensitive that someone can't even state how they feel for fear of "offending" someone really irritates me... I didn't feel the OP said anything that "called" anyone out specifically and JUDGED them.....
    Options

Fair enough, but I wasn't asking for new friends. I was more seeing if I'm the only one in this situation.
    I will take your and others advice on here though and probably just stick to accepting requests from those with a message attached

Ah must have read it wrong then, sorry!

Thats what helps me, since I always feel bad for deleting people xD I have a few friends that eat little like that, but are incredibly supportive and offer help. So sometimes it doesn't matter to me :]
  • Tink_89
    Tink_89 Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't think it's mean. You need to surround yourself with healthy, positive people.

Also, you could look at it from the perspective of it encouraging their eating disorders if you are applauding them for such a small amount of calories.

Personally I would keep friends and support them if they were actively trying to recover from an eating disorder but that is because I have mental health problems myself and also an interest in perhaps working in that field in the future. I wouldn't view it as mean though if people chose not to keep these as friends.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    More than one hippopotamus are hippopotami. And I'm a curvy hippo too! I exercise so I can chow down. Hahaha
    Options
    What about "judging" people for "judging" others.... *eye rollage*....The cycle never ends.... We all "judge"...it's what we do... Adults should be able to state their opinions without someone getting their panties in a twist over it... MY OPINION!!
    This thing with people being so overly sensitive that someone can't even state how they feel for fear of "offending" someone really irritates me... I didn't feel the OP said anything that "called" anyone out specifically and JUDGED them.....

Lol calm yourself. I never said I got my panties in a bunch. I have seen a few status that say how these posts make them feel like they need to be in a shell. So I threw that statement out there then said that I do THE SAME THING AS THE OP.
  • debrahw77
    Options
    No, I would't feel bad. I'm shocked sometimes when I see other people's diary's and they eat crackers all day. I look at other people's diary's for ideas. I get tired of eating the same ol' things.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone and I've noticed several of my friends who are nutritionally deficient...

...So I try to motivate and encourage them to eat more is all. Most are receptive and make strides to change their bird like ways...Others require a little extra...support...

Sample conversation:

*status update* OMFG I binged so hard last night, my life is over, gained like 14lbs. ;[[

Me: What did you have?
    Them: Three saltines and a peanut
    Me: facepalm.gif

Woman, you need to stfu and eat. You're so frail a sidewalk stumble will land your twiggy *kitten* in intensive care.

Them: shocked_fans_omg.gif
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I kid you not, my husband made me watch all 10 Star Trek movies before he would marry me.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hippopotamuses Unite!

:laugh: I am all for this!!!!!!
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    Awesome! The more in the herd the better. ( I don't know the collective term for hippos lol)

Maybe these people have just never been introduced to Nutella or Peanut butter, because lord knows I could spend 200 calories on those alone

^^hippopotami or hippopotamuses - both are grammatically acceptable Here's a little munchy for the friendly hippo :flowerforyou: