11 Week ELIMINATION CHALLENGE

Options
Ready to shed that holiday weight and start off the New Year right????

I've learned how much more motivated I could be by getting into a competition that also "Pushed Me", sometimes to the limit, to make it another week in the competition and/or help my team make it another week and I believe those that have done this before have been successful for the same reason.

If anyone who decides to join has done my last one - It will be pretty much the same concept but anyone is welcome to join right now.

Roughly how it will work....

The first 1 or 2 weeks will be an individual competition strictly based on the challenges - the first (yet undetermined) amount of people will make it through to the next week - the following week will either be put into teams - or 1 more week of individual challenges. Honestly here, I'm trying to weed out the people who aren't going to be committed to their team. If everyone on a team isn't committed then it hurts the whole team, and the individual challenges will also help me balance out the teams.

Once I establish how many people and teams there are then I will be able to let everyone know roughly how many people will be eliminated each week. These challenges for some may be easy, for others may be hard but you will push yourself to do more to keep your team in it for one more week! For those of you who have done this last time - the challenges will be similar. - Ranging from giving recipes, to specific exercises, to specific calorie burns or food choice challenges, personal goals (and probably a mixture of all).

As this is a competition, I encourage some level of ("Fun and Still Supportive") "trash talk" between teams to keep everyone "going"! This is NOT meant to be negative! Just banter to keep everyone alive out there!

The first WEIGH IN for this competition will be FRIDAY, JANUARY 13th or SATURDAY JANUARY 14th by noon (you may weigh in either day). The first challenge will start on MONDAY JANUARY 16th! If you are interested please post on here by THURSDAY, JANUARY 12th so I have a couple days to put the information together. PLEASE don't post on this if you aren't really interested and committed to something like this.

And on a side note - I will be having a "side" competition for the weekly eliminated players (that are interested in staying in it) that will give 1 or 2 people a chance to get back in the main competition towards the end - to keep those (that are interested) still in the game and still working to the "main goal" of losing weight in a supportive, helpful environment!

Happy New Year All!!

Replies

• mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    Count me in!!!!! Loved the last challenge you ran and was so sad to be done in week 5! Can't wait!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    May I ask if anyone has a link to the last challenge? I wanna check it out and see what this one may be like... :0)

ETA: nvm, found it!
  • Movie_Geek
    Movie_Geek Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this works but I am in and committed. :)
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you again had so much fun last time until I had to leave.
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. :)
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone - any questions you have please feel free to ask!!

ishallnotwant - you found the link to the old challenge?? I'm not real great at the abreviations but I think thats what your update said?? Do you still want to join in??
  • khandawg316
    khandawg316 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    how do I get involved ??
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm in! I love a good challenge and this sounds like a lot of fun! I need to get my butt back in gear so I can see the scale start to move in the right direction again :)
    -Marie
  • rendrea
    rendrea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How does the challenge work?
  • alneuby
    alneuby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! I'd love to join.
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me for sure!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. Please include me!
  • Starleng
    Starleng Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • jamontagne
    Options
    I think I'm up for the challenge!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    How does this work? Can we be in more than one challenge at a time? (I'm also doing a Biggest Loser on MFP).. Are you going ot open a group for us to join?
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Im interested!! I wanna play!!!!!!
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i'm in. should be fun.
  • jamontagne
    Options
    IDK how to find the post for the previous challenge - can someone send me a link?
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    We will be doing it like the last time - I will keep a blog each week with the challenge and for everyone to post on - and once teams are established - there will be a team leader with a blog for their team to post on. I will create a google spreadsheet for each team (that the team leader will update or have their team post on) and one for the whole competition that I keep updated.

Here is the link to my blog from the last competition - if you scroll through it has a bunch of info as well as the challenges each week - it has weeks 2-10 (I accidentally erased week 1) (it was a 10 week competition last time).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sheri869

Please "friend" me if you want to be a part of the competition. Its a lot of work but a lot of fun too, especially once the teams are established and you have that team competive spirit!

Hope you'll join us!!
  • Janat60
    Janat60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please count me in! I've done a 30-day challenge before (at least 30 minutes of exercise a day for 30 days straight) with a group and YES the support does work!