Any other pale girls out there?

Options

Replies

• toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    Tan girls look so much skinnier, and when they are skinny they look so much better. I don't want to tan a lot, just build up a base tan so I don't look like casper!!

and I tried lotions, they don't work. Jergens in particular. Makes me pasty and just, not attractive. and not to mention ORANGE!

I love that you have your priorities in order.

I actually don't appreciate your b*tchyness. I have my priorities in order, thank you. I am getting fit and doing it the right way. Obviously, a girl could use some confidence. Being tan makes me confident.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm pale, and I've learned to love it. It's part of who I am. One of my close friends used to tan, not even really that often but she got skin cancer last year when she was only 19 in 2 different places. Luckily they caught it and were able to remove it but it was still scary for everyone, and left scars on her body.

As far as tan girls looking "skinnier"...who cares? I mean seriously, I don't want to be skinny I want to be healthy & fit. Not bones clinging to me with an orange glow. & there are some GORGEOUS pale women....Norah Jones, Adele, etc

Best advice I can give you, stop worrying so much about how you look. There are far more important things, like careers and fitness (actually fitness, not just being skinny), friends....LIFE :)

Nicely put!!

I've recovered from Melanoma and I can tell you it isn't fun!!
    I have a scar in the middle of my back...looks like a stab wound....fortunately it is fading with time but I live now with the everyday thought of it coming back...
    Truly...love the skin you're in...look after it...make it soft and beautiful!!!
    All the best...
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    It's nice and more pleasing to the eye to see a lighter skinned girl then a fakely tanned one.

Girls obsess over it way more then guys.

Guys don't actually care.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    EEK! Tons of scary, bad, false information in these replies. Indoor tanning is NOT safer than outdoor tanning. A tan is actually a response to an injury, just like swelling or a bruise. If you were working out and your joints swelled, you probably wouldn't continue to do it. When you get a bruise, you don't continue to hit yourself in the same spot.
    Risk factors for skin cancer: pale skin, easy burning, blue/green eyes, history of sunburn.....
    Tanning is no joke and it is absolutely not worth it! If you notice, very few famous people are tan.....they don't want to look 50 when they are 30 and for them, image is everything.
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! Represent!!! :drinker: I'm pale.... yep... that's me.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tan girls look so much skinnier, and when they are skinny they look so much better. I don't want to tan a lot, just build up a base tan so I don't look like casper!!

and I tried lotions, they don't work. Jergens in particular. Makes me pasty and just, not attractive. and not to mention ORANGE!

I love that you have your priorities in order.

I actually don't appreciate your b*tchyness. I have my priorities in order, thank you. I am getting fit and doing it the right way. Obviously, a girl could use some confidence. Being tan makes me confident.

That's nice.

***EDIT** WTF YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA?! *facepalm*
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY!!!!! I embrace my paleness!! I love it!
    EEK! Tons of scary, bad, false information in these replies. Indoor tanning is NOT safer than outdoor tanning. A tan is actually a response to an injury, just like swelling or a bruise. If you were working out and your joints swelled, you probably wouldn't continue to do it. When you get a bruise, you don't continue to hit yourself in the same spot.
    Risk factors for skin cancer: pale skin, easy burning, blue/green eyes, history of sunburn.....
    Tanning is no joke and it is absolutely not worth it! If you notice, very few famous people are tan.....they don't want to look 50 when they are 30 and for them, image is everything.
  • RavenSoul
    Options
    I'm pale and used to tan religiously. It looks natural but I gave it up because to me the risks are not worth it.
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options
    Honestly, I love my pale women.
    I am pretty dark caramel myself, and I just love my plain vanilla. We compliment each-other nicely

+100000 to this. I'm not dark at all, but I much prefer pale over tan.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the previous posts... don't use the tanning bed.

The tanning salon even has signs posted that if you don't tan in the sun you won't tan in the bed. I don't think there's any safe way to get a real suntan. I am also pale, and have learned to deal with it! I tanned a lot for a few years, and it did terrors to my skin! It will age you, give you more freckles, and it's an expensive habit!

As said before the "tanning" lotion does work very well... I am really pale, and worked my way up, and my legs and arms looked like they had a nice sun kissed glow! If you find the right place to do a spray tan, not all of them are horrible... i've done that several times for parties or special events. We are going on a beach vacation in May and I will probably use the spray tan a few times before we leave so I don't look like a ghost on the beach, lol
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I am pale, sometimes it bugs me. Then I look at everyone I went to school with that baked in the sun and notice how much older they look. I have fabulous skin, it's pale and glow-y.

When I want color I've done the spray thing and showered some of it off so it doesn't look orange. Just more glow-y.

Love your skin, it's all you've got.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Wonderful video.
  • RavenSoul
    Options
    Agreed :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Embrace your porcelain skin, and protect it with your life! Pale skin really is beautiful, and as you age (which will happen), you will appreciate that you took good care of it. Pale skin freckles really badly with sun exposure/damage -- and not the cute, natural freckles that some girls have -- the kind of freckling where you can tell the person has spent one too many days in the sun.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm reflective.

I actually like my pale skin though.. It's a nice contrast to my dark hair.

I think that might be why I don't tan or burn, even if I try. All light is either absorbed by my hair or reflected off my skin, burning those around me.

If by some freak chance I do get a burn, I'm completely pale by the next morning.
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    Yup. I'd much rather not lay out for a long period of time and get fried. If you have nothing nice or even usable to say, bye.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm reflective.

I actually like my pale skin though.. It's a nice contrast to my dark hair.

I think that might be why I don't tan or burn, even if I try. All light is either absorbed by my hair or reflected off my skin, burning those around me.

If by some freak chance I do get a burn, I'm completely pale by the next morning.

Strangely enough, I do not burn easily despite being so pale. I'm weird. I can get a nice glow, but it takes a lot of work, and I don't like the idea of skin cancer enough to do it. Even without burning, just being out in the sun unprotected for extended periods of time increases your risk of cancer.
  • ilovemyhorse
    Options
    Pale > Tan.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one other thing... I have a husband and a toddler running around giving me enough wrinkles, I dont need any help in that department!!