What your favorite smoothie recipe?!

Options
Marie294
Marie294 Posts: 304
Hi everyone!

I'm new around here, and wanted to say Hello!

I want to get started making some smoothies for my boyfriend and I... Some good fruit ones, some meal replacements, anything just really yummy and healthy!

I would love to hear your favorite recipes and combos for smoothies and juices!
Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Milk, ice, peanut butter, and banana is a good one for me. It has protein to keep me full and tastes delicious. You could also add oats to it.
  • wildiriss
    wildiriss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Milk, ice, peanut butter, and banana is a good one for me. It has protein to keep me full and tastes delicious. You could also add oats to it.

That sounds delicious! MMmmmmm now I'm hungry.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    What I call the Chocolate Elvis (had this today actually) 1 frozen banana sliced, 3 ice cubes, 2tbsp peanut butter 8-12oz chocolate soy or almond milk, and 2tsp instant coffee. Holy effing toast, best thing EVER.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Banana, frozen strawberries, cup of soy milk, scoop of protein powder, and handful of spinach (don't worry...you can't taste it)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, truvia, spinach, cocoa powder, ice, peppermint extract= mint chocolate chip shake! Guilt free :D
  • Je21mp3
    Je21mp3 Posts: 17
    Options
    I use carrots...makes it look purdy and you can't taste it.
  • peachypinkk1
    Options
    strawberries, peaches, yogurt, half a banana, a little bit of orange juice and ice:)
  • avesoriano
    Options
    Im glad you posted this. Do you still put sugar in your smoothies?

I just finished unlocking then60 min workout in the nike training club. They gave me 5 smoothie recipes as reward
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I love
    1. spinach or kale, peanut butter, banana, vanilla extract, water, milk and ice blended together.

2. pumpkin puree with banana, water, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar or honey

3. same as above without the banana

4. blueberries, milk, banana, honey

5. papaya and cantaloupe

6. kiwi and pears

7. etc., etc., etc. LOL

The possibilities are endless. Don't be afraid to experiment. And try to add greens as often as possible. I usually add them to all of mine even though there not mentioned ones I mentioned.

There are a ton of recipies online. Just google smoothe recipies you can even be specific if you want to find something for a specific fruit.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Here's a few of my favourites:
    - Coconut Banana: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 ripe banana, 1/2 c. coconut milk(unsweetened), 1 tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened) + a bit of ice.
    - Chocolate Peanut Butter: 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp organic peanut butter, 1 c. almond milk (unsweetened) and some ice to make it smoothie-like. You can top it with some sliced almonds (mmm)
    - Mango Strawberry: I freeze mangoes and strawberries and use about 1 c. of the mix, 1 vanilla protein powder scoop, 1/4 c of orange juice (light), then fill the rest with water and blend.
    - Cinnamon Bun Swirl: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 c. unsweetened almond milk or skim milk, dash of cinnamon (about 1/4 tsp), 1 packet of sugar-free instant pudding in vanilla (Stevia vanilla works!) and 3 ice cubes. Blend and you can put some fresh cinnamon over top to seal the deal.
    - Strawberry Cheesecake: 10 oz water, 8 frozen strawberries, 4 tbs low fat sour cream, 1 packet of Stevia/Truvia, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder. Blend and enjoy.

That's all for now (: I've got plenty more, haha.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like banana + ginger + milk (or soy or almond milk) + cinnamon
    blueberry + yogurt + peach + milk is another favorite

I've been trying to do a "detox" and have been failing, but the smoothies are good:
    Antioxidant: http://www.wholeliving.com/152126/7-detox-smoothies/@center/152870/2012-whole-living-action-plan
    Mango Coconut: http://www.wholeliving.com/152126/7-detox-smoothies/@center/152870/2012-whole-living-action-plan#/81162
    Mango Carrot Herb: this is my favorite so far. I didn't bother with the OJ, i just threw in half an orange. http://www.wholeliving.com/152126/7-detox-smoothies/@center/152870/2012-whole-living-action-plan#/104249

I used frozen mango, and it was perfect!

I've had an avocado smoothie, it was delicious, it had milk and avocado and I think a bit of vanilla and some sweetener. Amazing!

I love berries, but I don't like many of them in my smoothies, pesky seeds. Oh and mango lassis are one of my favorites. You can easily make it with mango + plain yogurt, kefir or even buttermilk. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime for the best flavor.
  • keya1976
    keya1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas. Thank you
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a banana chai smoothie. Almond milk, frozen bananas, a chai spice mix that I mixed up from a recipe off the internet. I will add a little blackstrap molasses for calcium/iron sometimes.
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Milk of choice (I use soy or almond), canned pure pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, 1/2 a frozen banana and 2 big handfuls of spinach (can't taste it don't worry and it makes it a beautiful green color!) This tastes like Pumpkin Pie!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, truvia, spinach, cocoa powder, ice, peppermint extract= mint chocolate chip shake! Guilt free :D

This sounds like something I'd love! Must try it!!!
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The one I am doing during my fast/detox is"

1 cup Kale
    1 Cup Fresh baby Spinach
    1 cup Kefir
    1 cup water
    1/2 banana
    1/2 avocado
    1 cup frozen fruit (I like peaches, strawberries, and pineapple)
    1 tsp Coconut oil

=1 serving...Tons of energy, fills me up and helps with my cravings. I am on day 5 and feel great!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I loooove making smoothies.
    Any fresh fruit we happen to have around, we just stuff into the blender. :p
    But I always add a banana as a staple for protein and flaxseed powder.
    Other than that, get creative with blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, mangos, tangerines, strawberries, anything really.
    Then add some juice, a splash of milk, and some ice and your good to go.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Done!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    bump
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    1 Forzen Acai smoothie packet, 1 banana, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup pineapple, 1 cup strawberries, 3 stevia in the raw packets