Replies

• Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Getting the thin crust helps alot
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Solution: use the coupons for a girlfriend get-together. Invite 3-4 friends over and you all share the pizza and some good times. Guilt/Anxiety resolved.

Agreed. I never eat pizza by myself unless it is the mini Tostinos ones! Pizza is best eaten shared!! Just eat 1 or 2 slices to keep in your goals.
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Step one: take coupons in hand.
    Step two: tear coupons serveral times.
    Step three: throw in garbage.

Optional step: set on fire.

You don't need that kind of temptation! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Solution: use the coupons for a girlfriend get-together. Invite 3-4 friends over and you all share the pizza and some good times. Guilt/Anxiety resolved.

^LOVE THAT. Sharing is caring after all!!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I recycled mine right away. No sense in even thinking about it or letting anyone else in the family think about it.
  • Sho_Rowell
    Sho_Rowell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    No part of pizza is nasty. Except pineapple and green peppers.

Is disagree, cheese is soooooooo gross!

Pizza hut is the worst, they have 2x more cheese than normal places plus they make it look ugly but putting pepperoni under the cheese. Why do they do it? It's so unappetizing. I haven't had pizza hut since elementary school when you got a free personal pan size after reading 5 novels in school.

Get easy on the cheese, that will cut out a whole bunch of cals! Ps: online specials are usually better than “coupons” in the mail. Domino’s hasn’t brought the $5 deal to Canada yet so they are far from being the best price for value-quantity.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a real treat for me and not one that I have often. However, being on here is no reason to give it up. Pizza Hut have published their nutritional and calorie data online so have a look through and decide for yourself if it's worth it. Have a lighter breakfast and lunch so you can have something you want in the evening.
  • sonjawi
    sonjawi Posts: 46
    Options
    I have eaten 2 days last week pizza and still lost a pound. Just did not eat half a large pizza but stuck to 2 pieces :).
  • tiffers1003
    Options
    Throw out the coupons and opt for one of those lean cuisine pizza's instead. They're actually pretty good!
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    Make your own pizza! Then you can control the calories, fat! Much more healthier and filling that way!

Pizza Margherita
    Yield: Serves 4 - 6
    Prep Time: 30 mins
    Cook Time: 10 mins

Ingredients:
    1 Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
    1 Regular Can Crushed Tomato
    1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
    1/8 Cup Fresh Chopped Basil
    1/8 Cup Olive Oil
    Salt & Pepper
    Dash Red Pepper Flakes
    1 Cups Diced Mozzarella Cheese
    2 Large Fresh Basil Leaves

Directions:
    To prepare the sauce, heat half the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic until sizzling.
    Add the tomatoes, and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
    Add the chopped basil and mix well.
    Cook on low to medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, than set aside to cool.
    Heat the oven to it's highest setting (Usually 500 degrees F.)
    Using your fingers and knuckles carefully, press the dough out into a 12 inch circle.
    Place the dough onto a baking sheet.
    Place a large scoop of sauce onto each pizza and spread evenly across the pizza leaving a 1 inch edge.
    Do not use too much sauce as you should be able to see the dough through the sauce.
    Place some mozzarella cheese on each pizza and place one basil leaf in the center.
    Bake each pizza for about 10 minutes or until the pizza is brown and bubbly turning the pizza halfway if needed for it to bake evenly.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can eat without going over your calories for the day.
    This.
    Panicking because you got coupons? This doesn't seem healthy.
    Considering I've lost over a stone since joining, I see myself as healthy. Coupons just give me the temptation, if you must know.
    I mean it's not a healthy attitude... not mentally healthy. You panicked because of a suggestion to purchase pizza. We are all faced with constant bombardment of advertisements, coupons, and readily-available junk food. You have to learn how to deal with that.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I just got some excellent value Pizza Hut vouchers through the door. Wat do.

How much pizza is a safe amount? I usually order a medium, and that can last me two days... is this bad? My usual toppings are mushroom, chicken and pepper... But it's the base that's the nasty part, right?

Oh, give me strength. :laugh:

Too funny! For me that's the best part. And mushrooms...I miss pizza. It is my one out of control thing. So I don't have it at all.
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make my own with frozen pizza dough, chicken, artichokes hearts, black olives, feta, spinach, and a little mozzarella. No sauce (heartburn!) - I just drizzle a little olive oil. My boys (35 y/o dh and 12 y/o son) love it and it takes care of my craving.

I live near Pizza Hut and Papa Johns so I get the doorknob vouchers a lot but I give them to my friend who runs a daycare so she can do pizza Fridays for the kids. If there's pizza in the house I turn into Gollum so I don't even let it in.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Depends if you can control yourself to only eat a little bit (and fit it into your calories). A lot of people like to say "everything in moderation" or "don't deprive yourself", but that doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I had to cut out pizza for a long time and now it just makes me feel horrible when I eat it, and doesn't even taste all that good anymore, and I'm glad for that.

Figure out what works for you and what can trigger a binge. If you can't do moderation, then throw the coupons out without even looking at them. We get bad food coupons 3-4 times a week in the mail, and I just put them directly into the trash iwithout really looking at them, because I know my lifestyle change does not include carry out comfort food.
  • decayintostars
    Options
    If you want Pizza Hut, just make sure to get the thin crust and say NO to the extra cheese! Pile on the veggies and if you feel up to it, make it "white" without sauce. (:
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love pizza and just can't get over the calories so I have been buying the CPK thin crust pizzas at the grocery store. They are much lower in calories and I can have two slices along with a salad for a very modest amount of calories for dinner. I don't believing in giving up what we love but to stay on track, some modification is necessary :). That being said, if you are having a major craving, eat the pizza you like, enjoy every bite and then get back on track.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

^^ Blasphemy
    I love pineapples :)

I love pineapples too, just not on pizza. Green peppers are always nasty, though! :laugh:
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    pizza can be good for you. I mean in America they count it as a vegetable right?
    I'd say go thin crust and mostly veggie ( chicken is probably the healthiest meat in a pizza parlour)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    If your reaction is "Oh no" then rip them up into tiny pieces. Stimulus control.