Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Easy peasy with the Vodka. Alcohol boils at a different temperature. Set the distiller at a different temperature.

Distillation doesn't work that way.

Sorry.

If I remember correctly, off the top of my head methanol becomes a gas at 158F, and ethanol at 170F. You could easily step heat through the temp range to produce a pure water, then redistill it to remove any missed adulterants.

That's a process I could do with home equipment. So how does it not work?
    Are you related to Miss Mamie and Miss Emily?
    ???

No, since I'm assuming that would require me to be a southerner... what's is that in reference to?
  • dbmata
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If distilled is cheaper, I'll buy it for hurricane water. Otherwise, I have no use for it since we started being able to put regular water in irons.

Why do people buy it?

Some appliances need it . . . like irons, cpap machines, . . .

I have a strong feeling certain styles of beer, and a competent brewer( meaning not me) would be able to put it to good use for things like a decent pils
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    SexyLaugh.gif
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    it wouldn't be harmful for most people, but it would be for some. i am at risk for drug toxicity if i don't take in plenty of salt and other minerals. seriously, i've experienced it and had to eat an emergency bag of chips (only thing handy). funny how something is great for some people, good for some, and dangerous for a few.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    SGM_Adonis wrote: »
    So I'm confused....am I going to die or not?

Well, that depends on whether you are immortal or not?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    ORESETO thanks for the article and farfall for starting the subject. Learned something new on MFP once again. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You learned something from this thread? man- I'm impressed.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I learned that vodka goes bad if you leave it open.