Has anyone else noticed?

Options
I noticed recently that Topics are started based on the ads on the site.

Like yesterday I saw an Ad for gastric bypass and than there was a topic on it. Special K challenge and then I see an ad for target with Special K on sale.

Maybe these ads are effecting us poorly >.< Maybe its a conspiracy?!

Maybe Just Maybe.....

Okay so whats your conspiracy theory?

Replies

• Allyson1985
    Options
    I noticed that yesterday...specifically about "Bananas, to eat or not to eat?!"

It simply makes me giggle.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Could it be the other way around, and that the ads are being delivered based on keywords in the topics? That would be fairly easy to do, though I'm sure the ads do have at least a little influence (not that I see them).
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Speaking of Bananas have you noticed that you can put inches when you log them?? Like who measures their banana? Its just weird.....
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Could it be the other way around, and that the ads are being delivered based on keywords in the topics? That would be fairly easy to do, though I'm sure the ads do have at least a little influence (not that I see them).

That's exactly how it works.
  • Allyson1985
    Options

Speaking of Bananas have you noticed that you can put inches when you log them?? Like who measures their banana? Its just weird.....

I noticed that too!

Since I got my food scale, I just weigh mine. But I used to gauge it that way. Haha!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

Well... are you saying size doesn't matter?
  • Allyson1985
    Options

That's exactly how it works.

Makes sense.

Mystery is solved!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Uhhh no. Size does matter. For sure. I just never thought to pull out a ruler and measure them.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Makes sense.

I wonder what happens when these people watch TV though.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I think the ads are based on keywords.

My conspiracy theory?
    I think Google is watching us and the aliens put it there so they would know how to take over the world when the time comes...... Fortunately for us, Kim Kardashian's love life isnt enough ammo to destroy mankind.

Ok.... maybe thats a stretch...... I dont really have any.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    im usually on at work and our firewall prevents pop up banners and ads. I see them at home when I'm and and the freak me out...
  • abeachlady
    Options
    Where are the ads? I never see any.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Uhhh no. Size does matter. For sure. I just never thought to pull out a ruler and measure them.

I just love how sexual this seemed in my head. :laugh:
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think the ads are based on keywords.

My conspiracy theory?
    I think Google is watching us and the aliens put it there so they would know how to take over the world when the time comes...... Fortunately for us, Kim Kardashian's love life isnt enough ammo to destroy mankind.

Ok.... maybe thats a stretch...... I dont really have any.

^^^^hehehehe :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    <<
    >>

For your banana, this convenient ruler. The above is 8 inches, or 127 calories.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    <<
    >>

ROFL
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    <<
    >>

I wonder how many people will put their bananas up to the monitor for comparison. :tongue:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The internet is magical... Just go with it...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Makes sense.

I wonder what happens when these people watch TV though.
    That's kind of the whole point of advertising, isn't it?