ali HAS ANYONE TRIED IT??

Options
13»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat, calories do. If you're concerned with how much fat is in your diet, look for lower fat alternatives. If you want to lose weight, watch your calories and/or exercise. Pills are not necessary, especially ones that make you spend more money on underwear.

^This. I don't like alli, because it suggestest that *fat* is the problem. Fat is not the problem - eating too many total calories is. Alli doesn't help with overall calorie control or learning to eat a reasonable number of calories. You could gain weight even while taking alli if you do not control your overall calorie consumption. Why take something like this when it really offers nothing? You can lose weight without it (controlled eating, exercising) the same way that you lose weight with it (controlled eating, exercising). In fact, just throw out some of the fat that you would normally be eating (egg yolk, fat from meat, nuts, etc.) and you're essentially doing the same thing as Alli - you're just not making it go through your stomach first.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Poop, there is is! shaka laka, shaka laka.

Ok, I literally just made all my co-workers come into my office to see what the hell I was laughing at :laugh:
    between this thread and my fb i am laughing til i cry awesome!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wrong. Running your butt off to get the toilet before the brown doom of shame happens is what really makes you lose weight. It's extreme HITT training!

This makes me think of "bridesmaids"
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat, calories do. If you're concerned with how much fat is in your diet, look for lower fat alternatives. If you want to lose weight, watch your calories and/or exercise. Pills are not necessary, especially ones that make you spend more money on underwear.

Wrong. Running your butt off to get the toilet before the brown doom of shame happens is what really makes you lose weight. It's extreme HITT training!

Hmmmm, I guess it does somewhat force you to do some cardio. I take it back, everyone should be taking Alli b/c it forces you go get off your butt unless you want to poop yourself. Might be the extra push some people need to get moving. LOL
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    With all the ALI commercial lately...I actually considered it also but of course I had to see what MFP people thought and I'm glad I checked. I WONT be making that mistake, glad you guys kept me on track! :-)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Stock up on underwear if you do.

^LMAO.

Why, why in God's name would someone do that to themselves?!

Because the consequences of cheating make you stick to the diet?
  • PoochPottery
    Options

This makes me think of "bridesmaids"

Oh my god so true!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh!
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You sir, Jeff92se, have made me laugh out loud about 3 or 4 times in this one discussion!!!!! I especially like "poop, there it is. shaka laka, shaka laka"!!!!!! Tag Team would be ever so proud...

So, the concensus seems to be that Ali is no friend to anyone. I vote for cutting down on fat and overall calories and doing cardio that doesn't involve fear of humiliation as your motivation.

Best of luck!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I had an assistant that took them and crapped his pants at work and had to go home to change! So I am out! I don't care about farting but if I have to Shart or *kitten* in public I am out!!!! :glasses:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I had an assistant that took them and crapped his pants at work and had to go home to change! So I am out! I don't care about farting but if I have to Shart or *kitten* in public I am out!!!! :glasses:

hahaha!
  • LBTRS
    LBTRS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you take them, don't fart!

I can vouch for this, I have had to throw out several pairs of underwear. When I did it at a car wash with my father-in-law was the final straw and decided it wasn't for me. He still laughs at me and it has been 3 years.