Is it okay to eat at 9:30 if your going to bed a 12:00?

Options
I normaly go to bed at 12:00 and I heard you can eat 2 hours before you go to bed Is that true?

You can Add me if you like :)

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter what time you eat at. Your body doesn't stop functioning when you are asleep.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes it's fine.
    It's also ok to eat at 11:55 and go to bed 12:00. It makes no difference when you eat.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Yes. They only turn in to gremlins if they eat after midnight.

BUT DON'T GET THEM WET!
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Agree, I work nights so I eat at strange time. it does not matter when you eat its how many cals you eat. Calories in vs Calories out.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat! If not, don't. Timing makes no difference as previous posters stated. :)
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    the only reason I would suggest not eating right before bed, is if you have a condtion like acid reflux.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat! If not, don't. Timing makes no difference as previous posters stated. :)
    she's right when i work crazy hours i eat crazy times but if i'm hungry i eat if i'm not i don't
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options

BUT DON'T GET THEM WET!

:bigsmile:
  • Thomasm198
    Options

BUT DON'T GET THEM WET!
    snap-out.gif Getting them wet only makes them reproduce.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating dinner. Beef, sauteed mushrooms, green beans and roasted potatoes. Yum.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I normaly go to bed at 12:00 and I heard you can eat 2 hours before you go to bed Is that true?

You can Add me if you like :)
    Yes, I eat right before bed and don't believe it's a bad thing so long as I am in deficit and not pigging out before sleep.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Psh. I have a late snack, brush my teeth, and go to sleep. I reached my GW doing that every single day. Calories in, calories out. You'll be fine.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday, hasn't done any harm yet!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    You can eat however you want, at any time of day or night. It's as simple as: Calorie deficit = loss, calorie surplus = gain.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

BUT DON'T GET THEM WET!

Only? I dunno about you, but one mogwai is more than enough!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    yes.
    But I don't agree with those saying it doesn't matter. While your body does function while asleep, it doesn't need as many calories and there's no sense giving it several hundred calories that won't get burned up as they would during the day. I think it's better to finish eating long enough before you go to bed to at least get the food out of your stomach and into your digestive system.
  • Thomasm198
    Options

BUT DON'T GET THEM WET!

Only? I dunno about you, but one mogwai is more than enough!
    I always thought Mogwai would be a great pet to have around. It's Gremlins that I would hate to have around.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    You can eat however you want, at any time of day or night. It's as simple as: Calorie deficit = loss, calorie surplus = gain.

^ exactly.

I get where you're coming from. Some people claim that if you eat before sleep that you'll gain weight, but that's only if you have a caloric surplus. Also, some believe that if you go to sleep on an empty stomach that your body will work on burning the excess fat on your body, instead of trying to use or store the energy you just took in. This theory, however, isn't backed up well enough and only applies to people who eat a surplus or binge.

My advice would be to keep it light and be sure it fits into your caloric goal.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You can eat whenever you want during the day. It's all about calories in vs calories out in the long run... Timing really makes no difference at all.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The only reason I eat a couple hours before sleep is because I get crazy nightmares or too realistic dreams and they really mess me up the next morning. But that could just be me! Hahaha.