Do you weigh yourself every day?

Options
124»

Replies

• koutwater
    koutwater Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do. But I'm a crazy motivated person. If I weigh less it encourages me to keep going, if I have gained then I kick it into gear and work harder. I think it depends on your personality whether weighing yourself every day is good or not:)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When I am at home (from school) I weigh myself everyday. My scale at school broke, so I can't check anymore. I have found that I stay much more motivated when I can check in everyday. I don't think much of minor fluctuations as long as the trend is downwards. I don't like not knowing when I don't have access to a scale. I've never found that I stressed over it, so it works for me. But I can only imagine that if the little stuff got to me, I wouldn't want to be checking! haha.
  • Piccachu
    Options
    I weigh myself 3 times every morning. I weigh, move the scale, & repeat. If I see a loss, I need to be sure that it's real.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that does that!! I'm random for my weigh in, but I always do Monday morning right when I wake up. I never miss that one. I jump on here and there, it's interesting to see that I can weigh 3ish lbs heavier in the evening!
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Monday's after I wake up and use the bathroom.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes. Daily.
  • ditzybutsexy
    Options
    When I am trying to lose weight, I do. Once I hit my target weight, I weigh once a week before I use the calipers to check on my bodyfat loss or gain.
  • 04warrior
    Options
    This is part of my routine every morning....like others, it helps me see trends and stay motivated to keep exercising!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Yep, it sets the tone for the morning...I only log it in when it goes below my previous weigh-in though...
  • candyle
    Options
    lol i weigh myself several times through out the day, its so hard not to, its a habit i have had for a long time that needs to break:)
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I wish I could weigh once a week, but I get on the scale basically every day.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't but I do!
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3 times every morning. I weigh, move the scale, & repeat. If I see a loss, I need to be sure that it's real.

While I've been known to do that as well, the usual is just once each morning first thing. I record my daily weight in my food notes for each day (a practice I am copying from an MFP friend) and record officially online once a week. With my history of binge eating and having no clue how an extra 30 pounds arrived on my bod, a daily weigh-in is important. It's one of the tools I use to protect my 100 lb loss.
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    No, I weigh every Tuesday, I think i'd drive myself insane if I weighed every day as your weight can fluctuate so much day in day out. I tend to go on Wii Fit every day though and that weighs me, but I have the board on carpet and thus it's about 3 stone out! I should sort that but it's no big deal as I don't really want to weigh myself daily
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and record it. I like the idea of looking at the graph and joining the low points to make a more smooth graph.
  • particleastro
    particleastro Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yup, morning noon and night. Watch how the weight fluctuates : it'll make you feel more comfortable and understanding if you have a heavier day....

Regards,
    J
  • kdownes1
    Options
    Yes, I weigh myself daily. It helps to keep me motivated.