Anyone ever hear about Apple Cider Vinegar?

Options
I just read something about Apple Cider Vinegar and how it is great for bloating and stomach issues and for your abs. It says to drink it before every meal. Has anyone ever used ACV and if so what do you think? Thanks....:smile:

Replies

• achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I put it in Chili :) Delicious!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I heard of this stuff too... but nothing about making you thinner. It's supposed to help with digestion I think.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar?page=2

Read all 3 pages, including the warnings at the end!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Apple cider is good , but if you really want to get the max benefit, a person needs to drink unfilter apple cider. You are to drink a teaspoon before lunch and teaspoon before dinner. The benefits is that is will help or prevent your blood sugar from elevating. It will also help with your body metabolism.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks friends, I knew I can turn to you all for some great insight. Now I forgot to ask is there any special kind of ACV to buy or just the kind in the grocery store? Thanks again....
  • alishuman
    Options
    My sister did the ACV thing for a bit - the raw unfiltered type is what she used. Bragg's Brand. I did read that you need to be careful of your teeth when trying ACV... it can ruin your enamel and cause dental problems. One place said to dilute, another said to add baking soda, another said don't use baking soda... I hate when no one can agree! But... I like my teeth, so I never tried it.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Raw is best. Look for a good brand.
  • hennaed
    hennaed Posts: 14
    Options
    I just started this regime with Braggs ACV. I read to dilute it and to drink it through a straw to help protect my enamel. I've only been on it a few days so can't really claim any major benefits just yet. ..
  • trswearingen
    Options
    I really enjoy a tbsp in a glass of peach nectarine Talking Rain, with a splash of lemon juice. It's a nice zesty treat for a warm afternoon... esp in place of wine.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've always heard of it as an appetite supressant- not something that will help you speed up metabolism or anything like that...you're supposed to drink it before meals so that you will eat less. I tried it once several years ago. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever done. Yes, it does make you less hungry, but that's because you want to throw up from drinking the stuff. It wasn't worth it for me- plus I think you need to learn to control your appetite on your own.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Try aloe vera juice! Its great for digestion and seems safer to me.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I use ACV for acid reflux. It burns your throat a bit, so I chug water immediatly afterwards. But seriously, the second it's down, acid reflux-gone! :D
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've used it for sunburn...just put some on a paper towel or wash cloth and pat it on the sunburn....Takes the pain away pretty dang quick. My BIL takes it before every meal to help with his arthritis. Works for him.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I use ACV for acid reflux. It burns your throat a bit, so I chug water immediatly afterwards. But seriously, the second it's down, acid reflux-gone! :D

I tried it for reflux, too, and I swear it made it worse.
  • hungryhungrykitty
    Options
    I use it to help me poop! Haha. I have a tablespoon in a glass of water when I need to get things moving. Works like a charm. Never used it for any other purpose.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it for weight loss, but I do for general health. It raises your body acidity which is really good for fighting off any type of infections or diseases (cranberry juice does as well, but citrus actually lowers acidity, as does sugar). Once I'd had a lot of sugar and was feeling just awful, and I decided that I should drink a bit of ACV to counter the effects of the sugar and I felt better immediately. Another time I was coming down with a cold and I drank (sorry this may be disgusting but) a bit of juice that some peppers were pickled in, so it was essentially vinegar and capsaicin, it was not two hours until I felt completely better and that did not come back, while everyone around me was getting sick. So yeah, vinegar is pretty good stuff, and apple cider vinegar is supposed to be the best.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I heard it's great for cleaning your house instead of harsh chemicals.
  • When you take it constantly, it can burn your esponidas not sure of the correct spelling, gives you the burps alot, plus heartburn. It did help with the wieght loss though.
  • melissainez85
    Options
    my grandma swears by it..when she needs some energy she puts some in some ice cold water with lemon and drinks it YUCK I SAY!! LOL but ya..i use it in my hair to keep it shinny and smooth :D
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks again my friends, I constantly have indigestion and bloating after I eat. I may give it a try. Not sure if I am going to be able to tolerate the taste I may have to hold my nose and chug....I will let you all know how it goes!!! :smile: