THE Team Week 5

Options

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning....

Lulu that pic is too funny.. Made me laugh... Good morning Kristi... LIFG those pics are amazing.. I wish I had some starting pics.. I have some from when my son got married but those side shots really seem to be the way to do it.. I am going to summit a pic to weighview.. My husband told me dress in tight clothes.. Funny thing, I don't have anymore tight clothes... :wink: Is that cool or what???? All my clothes are too big.. YEAH.....

I am so glad it's Sunday.. My day off..

I hope you all have a wonderful day.. Talk to you all soon...

Anita
  • nitag
    Options
    Oh Chanty.. Where are you.. I haven't seen you around in a while??? Hopefully you are busy with school - you sure are missed around here..

CM>.. miss you too............
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Lulu... you and CM come up with some hilarious one! That little dude is SO me the week before aunt flo visits. Thank god she wont be visiting me again for another 3 weeks or so.. LOL

Ive got a great motivational thing goin on for me over the next month. Morgolis (hubby) is leaving this next Tuesday to go to Port Saint Lucie, Florida for 6 weeks. He is checking out a job and its possible we may move there this summer. I'll be going down the 2nd week of April if everything works out, but I'll have 6 weeks to drop a chunk of weight before I see him again.

For me, the biggest differences in those photos is my posture and my stomach area. I seem to be straightening up alot each month, which is definitely good for my back! That pink nike tanktop is not forgiving at all! Its really thin and shows every little buldge and roll, so next month I'll wear it again when I do photos. It was dirty or I woulda wore it again this time. For those of you who are gonna do pics...definitely find something form fitting to wear. Those red pants in the 3rd photo I bought a month ago and they were very tight... they are starting to get looser but still fit, so thats why I used them. Its really hard to tell with baggy clothes to see changes. Value Village if you have it is awesome for finding cheap cheap workout clothes...pretty much everything I have on came from that place.. LOL
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    WOW, you can totally see the difference! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hmmm form fitting. :noway: :noway: Not my favorite phrase regarding clothing. But you are right, best way to see results. I like the ones they do for the scam diet products - first set of pics, the model is slouched, arms hanging, sticking tummy out, wearing something too small, very sad face. :noway:

Second set, clothes fit, standing us straight, hands on hips, tummy sucked in and holding :explode: BIG SMILE :bigsmile: Oh, and make-up and hair done. :laugh: I shall work on a set of those.:wink:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Li4g, wow, what a difference 18lbs make, don't they? Well done! And I loved the commend "before and in between" is what they are. Keep up the good work - you surely are inspiring!

nitag, haha @ tight clothes. So your hub really likes the new you :wink: . It's so cool when they are supportive, isn't it?

You people are great :love:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    LI4G- that IS great motivation!!! Florida in the spring AND and reunion with DH. Terrific! Soooo, how do you feel about the possibility of moving down south? Aren't you up north now? Have you ever lived in the south? Yikes! I love big life excitement and change!! Keep us posted!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll. Man I was dying today. Did a bunch of back exercises and shoulders and pecs at the gym yesterday - was fine during, ya know, no pain or anything, but dang, by the afternoon I was pretty sore, and today was VERY sore. Exhausted even. So took the day off of the gym (I try to go every day, and then take a day off when I need to) and took a nice nap in the afternoon and feel much better. The soreness is nearly gone, and I'm totally looking forward to going tomorrow and hitting that elliptical. I didn't get my full workout yesterday on cardio due to a scheduling miscommunication with hubby, but that's ok, my MFP only says 5 days per week... so if I go 6 I'm doing great! Only did about 300 in cals but did 15 mins on elliptical! Whoo-hoo! And felt like I wanted to walk and then go back to it again!

It was totally my breakfast the day before, I swear. Ate the protein bar but drank the protein water during, and it was so sweet it took me all day to drink that stuff. So it didn't help during workout.

Stillkristi be careful of Crystal LIght, I used to drink a lot of it and discovered it gave me headaches. Didn't really learn to drink water, always hated it (except the farm fresh well water I had growing up) until I went to Africa last fall and had to drink bottled water, that was the beginning of my ability to really drink water.

Oh yea, and I get LI4G's castoff fat clothes... whoo-hoo! Had to go buy 2 new pair of jeans, none of mine fit... and in the brand I bought (at Ross's) they were a size off and so are a size SMALLER than I should be in... gotta love it! And still, they're a bit baggy around the butt. Wow, never thought ANYTHING would be baggy around my butt!!

Ate STEAK tonight, was just dying for meat. Bought a nice thick rib eye at the store and hubby and i split it. Stayed within calories until I had chocolate milk (1%) so overall, on a day I didn't exercise, I don't mind going over a bit. Usually I'm just starving all day long on days I don't exercise, and go over a lot, but the last two days have been better. Hopefully someday I'll not be hungry like LI4G but I dunno if that will ever happen...
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, I’m using CM’s trick and having my Word window open while I scan the post. Work has been busy, sorry I haven’t kept up with the posts. But, we’re here and this Friday I’M SURE WE’RE gonna see some changes. My 100oz daily goes well, except that I need to go to the bathroom three times as much I usually do AND I prefer room temperature water than chilled or iced (is that weird?), anyway…
    Stillkristy, how’s the work out going, accumulating 1hr over the day is fine. I’m really proud of you for doing the exercise challenge, but please take it easy. At work yesterday, one of our medics was running and passed out, he later had to be 911 to the ER. He’s okay, except for the brusing he took during the fall. So, nice and easy please..
    Lulubar, love the challenge and pushup, I’m in. Can I do 200 over the course of the day or is this working up to 200 at one time?
    LI4G - wow, 18lbs is great! The pictures are fantastic. You can really see the difference, your headed in the right direction!!
    Adopt4, 17 lbs loss is terrific. I saw your GWs, do you have rewards for each goal met? I do, its something I look forward to and talk about with coworkers.
    OK TEAM, have a terrific MONDAY, and keep up with the challenges..Zano
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I overindulged this weekend, so back on track this morning...ugh. My birthday is next weekend, and I can honestly say I DON'T WANT A CAKE!!! I WANT to spend the day at the gym, I WANT to eat healthfully. Oh yeah, and I WANT to get a massage, too. That is a way to get spoiled on my birthday without having food involved.

This morning is weightlifting class. I am going to leave soon so I can get a little cardio in before class. Happy Monday, everyone!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Kristi- I have an awesome recipe for you if you like Crystal Light and Tea! It tastes exactly like the starbucks version of thier green tea lemonade and I make it all the time! It makes at least 4 quarts..you can cut it in half if you dont have a pitcher that big, but I find it very easy to drink down so I make alot when I do it. Use Tazo Citrus Green Tea- Its the one infused with lemongrass so it has a lemony flavor. Brew 2 quarts of hot water and using 4 teabags, steep the tea for about 5 minutes. Add that to your 4qt pitcher then fill it the rest of the way with cool water. Dump in 2 little packs of Crystal Light lemonade, stir and viola!! enjoy over ice. If its too sweet for you just use less lemonade but making it this way it tastes just like starbucks and is wayyyyyyyy cheaper!! I make this during the summer when we have parties and you can drink it plain or turn it into hard lemonade by adding some booze to it. We like Tuaca in it for booze but could really probably use just about anything. You can also whirl it in the blender with some ice for a slurpie (or margarita style if using booze) type drink. Its become a staple at my house when friends come over for BBQ.

Lulu- I am a born and raised Washingtonian. Have live here my whole life. Ive visited florida for long stretches of time when I was younger and love it there. I did alot of traveling all over the east coast and down south. Hubby was born and raised here also so Im more worried about him liking it there than me. He doesnt like heat too much but liked Hawaii, so there really is only 1 way to find out. Send him for a month or so to see if he does! He is staying with friends and If all goes well I will be going down the 2nd week of April to check out neighborhoods, schools and just the local area. Its about 2 hours south of Orlando, 1 hour north of West Palm Beach. The only thing Im not looking forward to doing if we do do this is the actual moving part. We would have to literally sell EVERYTHING. Yuck!

This weekend was a bust for me. We had dinner at the in-laws last night and my very old school German mother in law made these HUGE dumpling balls called "Knoodle". I had never had them before. Basically its french bread, oat & bran bread, milk and eggs that you mix all together then form them into small baseball sized dumplings. Boil them in water. Then when you eat them you dump a ton of homemade beef gravy over the top. LOL I dont wanna even know how many calories was in that. I managed to eat that, some pot roast and some salad and I was stuffed. Then 2 hours later she pulls out angel food cake with homemade strawberry plum preserves. ugggggh... Im gonna have to really pour it on at the gym today!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Oh crap... its already 9:04. Gotta get movin so I can get to the gym... supposed to meet adopt4 there in like 10 minutes.. LOL I'll get back to the rest of you when I get home :)
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Morning ladies and gents.

How is everyone on this fine Monday morning....wishing it was Saturday morning?:laugh:
    Have a good day everyone, and keep to it!:smile:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Good morning! I overindulged this weekend, so back on track this morning...ugh. My birthday is next weekend, and I can honestly say I DON'T WANT A CAKE!!! I WANT to spend the day at the gym, I WANT to eat healthfully. Oh yeah, and I WANT to get a massage, too. That is a way to get spoiled on my birthday without having food involved.

This morning is weightlifting class. I am going to leave soon so I can get a little cardio in before class. Happy Monday, everyone!

For you birthday you could make something yummy with salmon (goat cheese salmon is reallllly good), and if you want a dessert kind of thing there is a recipe for a low-cal tiramisu with vanilla nilla wafters it is really good (we use low-fat pudding, and light cool whip).

Good for you too, get a massage, you are worth it! Good job on all your hard word:smile:
  • chantybear
    Options
    So, I TOTALLY blew it today! DH and I went to the movies to see Watchmen, ate popcorn, had a Mr. Pibb, then we ran errands then went out to dinner + appetizer!! and here I am at the end of the day nearly 800 - yep count 'em - 800 BIG ONES over on calories.......... so tonight, I am posting the first pic of myself:

strange.gif

Oh do not be so hard on yourself lulu! :) You have worked hard for a cheat day:smile:

Li4g- good job 18 pounds is a crap load of weight to lose, give yourself a pat on your back:smile:
  • nitag
    Options
    Good morning..

UGG I HATE MONDAYS!!!

Working out is so hard especially with the time change. My body kept telling me it's only 4:30 go back to bed.. But I did get my 41 mins of cardio in 25 crunches 20 squats and some biceps and triceps..

I sure hope this week is better than last..

Talk to you all later..

anita
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! I did 18 mins on the elliptical, then thought, I can do more, so did 7 more! That's 25 mins!!!! I can't believe it! I didn't realize it was already time for the time change, so my kid barely made it to school and I was late meeting LI4G, but we made it eventually. Did only 450 calorie wise, about 54 mins and went slower than normal but was happy with the extra on the elliptical.

Today is a "i feel skinny" day. LOVE those. Of course I have to go put on real clothes after I shower (still cooling off from the gym) and I may no longer feel skinny! Then I'm going to paint my dining room... Try to keep the kids out of it. That will burn more calories I'm not logging, it's not that strenuous but more than sitting on my butt on the couch! LOL

Oatmeal seems to be the trick for me for surviving a workout, 2 packets and 1/2 cup milk. I use low sugar so it's not so bad calorie wise.

Still having trouble with my blood sugar. All day long it's fine, perfect but first thing in the morning when I get up it's high. It's been this way and the meds didn't help with that. I have a dr appt this afternoon so will ask her about it. I'm off the meds (since they weren't working at night anyway) and will see if maybe there's something else she can do... It's not super high, like 136 or something, but over the limit of what it should be. Grrr...
  • lulubar
    Options
    Zano - WOW! Can't believe you're jumping on the sit-up challenge! Go to this website:
    http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

That is the challenge I am doing. Don't drink a lot of water right before sit-ups though, I can tell you that from first hand experience!!! The water really wants to make an exit through the nose!! Not pretty. Maybe I wasn't breathing right?? Anyway, check out the website - they also have the push-up challenge at www.hundredpushups.com which I think I will be trying after the sit up challenge. I think that is the one CM is doing right now...

Off to drink some agua at room temperature (yep, me too zano) drinking_smiley.gif
  • lulubar
    Options
    I'm so excited! I did 18 mins on the elliptical, then thought, I can do more, so did 7 more! That's 25 mins!!!! I can't believe it! I didn't realize it was already time for the time change, so my kid barely made it to school and I was late meeting LI4G, but we made it eventually. Did only 450 calorie wise, about 54 mins and went slower than normal but was happy with the extra on the elliptical.

3D_emoticon_208.gif
    You are my idol, my goddess, my role model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeeze girl - no wonder you are have a "feel skinny" day! You are working your boot-tay off! Your sugar is probably high cuz your dedication is SWEEEEEEEEET!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Your sugar is probably high cuz your dedication is SWEEEEEEEEET!

Hahahhaa Lulu, that made me laugh, but cheezy :tongue:
  • chantybear
    Options
    I am with you guys on the room temperature water, since it hurts my teeth if it is cold.

Lulu- touching on that breathing thing, I was taught: in through your nose, out through your mouth, in through your mouth, out through your mouth, and just repeat that circle. when you are exercising that is:smile:

nitag - that is to freaking early, but good job for kicking your butt in gear!

adopt4- good job!! you always feel so much better after a workout!

I switched my office chair for a exercise ball, and I can already tell it is starting to make my core a little stronger each time!! I feel happier, since I can bounce around on it, and roll around!! :happy: I get really antsy in the chair when I am writing papers:grumble: Oh well you guys should try it if you have one, or can find a cheap one there is like a 10 reasons list online that has all the benefits:smile: Okay well I am off to study now talk to you guys later!