Wedding challenge

Options

Replies

• kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Where is evryone ? How did your weekends go?
  • rach700
    rach700 Posts: 25
    Options
    My weekend went okay. I am excited to see my weight tomorrow. I hope to see some results from the shakes and NO cheating.
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    no loss for me this week!
  • rach700
    Options
    No loss for me either. Actually, about.6 gain. 184.8, but I am happy not to be going up anymore!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    No loss no gain this week. Next week will be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    No WI for me this week
  • aduff77
    aduff77 Posts: 56
    Options
    OK so I might be a little late in joining this thread but I just found it!

I joined MFP because my wedding is coming up (July 25). I would like to lose about 20 pounds by then.

start weight: 143
    current weight: 141
    goal weight: 120

I really struggle with this but hopefully this thread and yalls motivation can keep me going!!

congrats to all of you planning your weddings...it's hard work isnt it?
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Planning is so much work. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope everyone else has there location picked, thats the hardest part for me so far.
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Welcome! Planning is hard! My mom and I have been planning over the internet. She is in the states and im greece and this is where the wedding will be so were trying to cordinate everything and it gets very hetic. So where does everyone stand in there planning?

Photo/video booked
    hall booked
    bakery booked
    dress bought
    bridesmaides dresses bought
    favors -bought ( will be making them )
    next month will be going to work on the invation thats going to be crazy need them in two languages.
    I finalized the guest from my inlaws let me tell you that was fun :mad: lol.
    so how many people are you looking at for your weddings?
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Hey where is everyone?
  • aduff77
    aduff77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Welcome! Planning is hard! My mom and I have been planning over the internet. She is in the states and im greece and this is where the wedding will be so were trying to cordinate everything and it gets very hetic. So where does everyone stand in there planning?

Photo/video booked
    hall booked
    bakery booked
    dress bought
    next month will be going to work on the invation thats going to be crazy need them in two languages.

I agree, planning for me has been difficult as well. I'm in KY and my mom is in TX where the wedding will be. I'm also a full time doctoral student with two jobs...it is hectic.

we have photographer, hall, dress, bm dresses, favor ideas, save the dates, dj, recept. food, ceremony-done, just finished registering.

two languages would be really tough!

just getting a list from my inlaws was a huge task in itself. wedding is in 4 months so we really need to get it into gear. we are looking at 100-150 ppl
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    Hey ladies!

1 lb lost for me this week!

Have a great week!:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I want to join! My wedding is August 15th, and I want to lose 5 more lbs and then maintain by then.

SW:209
    CW:145
    GW:140
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Photo/video booked
    hall booked
    bakery booked
    dress bought

our wedding's small- only about 80 guests.

photog- booked
    hall- booked
    baker- booked
    dress-bought
    bridesmaids dresses- bought
    dj- booked
    florist- booked
    caterer- booked
    rentals- reserved
    hotels- blocked
    favours- in progress
    invites- in progress
    rings- bought
    decor- bought
    registered.
    honeymoon- reserved

my in laws are taking forever with their list too. I have everything from my side of things, and now I have to sit around and wait, :laugh: We're planning from Manitoba and the wedding's in Ontario so I'm having similar issues as you girls are. My mom has had to do almost everything for me (I love my mom :bigsmile: )
  • rach700
    Options
    .6 weight gain this week. I am getting very discouraged. About ready to give up and say this is going to have to be good enough. 185

:(
  • rach700
    Options
    Just to clarify that is a 0.6 lb weight gain not 6 lb weight gain. Thank God!
  • corriev
    corriev Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm new and I want to join in. I started yesterday and want to lose 20 lbs. I am 5'6 and 194lbs and want to get down to 170 before my wedding which is May 30. I am having a hard time grasping the concept of eating all the calories I burn off at the gym. It sounds so backwards to me. But I am determined and willing to give this my best shot. We'll see!!!!
  • Panda8Angel8Faith
    Panda8Angel8Faith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey, can I join? I am already married, but I had to have a fast wedding because my house came up for sale before we thought, so our belief system told us to get married before we moved in together. I really didn't mind it, but it has been making things really crazy.
    So, I have been married since 8-16-08, but the next wedding is 8-22-09. I want to be down to 160 by June (dress fitting). This next wedding will be the big ceremony. I am all excited. I don't even remember what my dress looks like.
    Here are my stats:

sw-210
    cw-195
    gw-160

As you can see, I think I am starting to get the hang of this. One of the major things that I have started to do is really listen to my body. Don't eat if your stomach isn't telling you. Cutting back on all of the junk food and only allowing one can of pop and one chocolate a day is helping a lot too.
    I also have a better scale and I was thrilled to find my new weight was less than I thought it would be. I am also going to be getting back to the gym. It has been really crazy with two children, three cats, one husband who has one full-time job, two bands, and a dj business. Plus, keeping up with the housework. Personally, I like going to the gym because that is where I go to unwind and destress. I take out all of my agrivation on my work out machines. HEE HEE.
    Anyway, that is just a little bit about me.
    Good luck to everyone.

BTW:

Receptional Hall: Booked
    Photographer: Booked
    Invitations: Still need to get
    Church: Working on it
    Dress: Bought
    Flowers: Made
    Bridesmaids Dresses: Being made
    Tuxes: His job
    Cake: Friend's making it

I think that is everything. :smile:

TTFN.
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    WELCOME NEW COMERS!

RACH DONT GIVE UP just reevalute and mix things up.

corriev make sure you eat those calories cause i learned if you dont eat enough it doesnt work!

We are all one organized bunch! Glad everyones planning is going well and way to go for attacking the list of to do's .

lets keeping on shedding the lbs!
  • asewell01
    Options
    Hello everyone, I want to join. My wedding in October 17, 2009 and I have lots of weight to lose in 7 months...My starting weight last week was 199 and I lost 2 lbs over the week...YAY!! My goal weight is 150 lbs.

Amy