5'6 ideal goal weight?

Options

Replies

• idaretodream
    Options
    Really depends on your build...if you lift and have lots of muscle density and a large build ..150 or even a little higher...if you have a small structure probably lower...but honestly your "Ideal goal weight" is the weight in which you feel good and can maintain and love yourself at....trust me I understand loving yourself has more to do with the mind than body...but just a thought
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I always get irritated with the infomercials that say, I was a 14 and now I'm a size 2. Well, no way could I ever be a size 2, as my hips would not allow it! But a size 10 for me is truly "perfect".

Haha, agreed! I am also a pear/curvy shape!
  • Jillian2128
    Jillian2128 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 5 1/2. My goal is to hit 150, however, when I was at 145 (10 years ago), I was very pleased with how I looked.

The right number, I think, all depends on things like your individual build and amount of muscle.

I find it interesting how sizes vary. When I get down to 145, i will probably wear a 10 in pants. I have a pear shape, yet others with an apple or other shape would wear a much smaller pant size.

I always get irritated with the infomercials that say, I was a 14 and now I'm a size 2. Well, no way could I ever be a size 2, as my hips would not allow it! But a size 10 for me is truly "perfect".

this makes me feel better, I'm also a pear shape...so even when i weight the same as some one else but they wear a smaller size I just gotta keep this in mind!
  • cacaranddo
    Options
    I think age and height are 2 factors that are considered. My goal is 150 - 155 now. But, when I get there...I will consider to work on lowering it. I have done this before and look pretty good at 160. So, I will be happy to get there for now and feel healthier.
  • Icklemellie
    Options
    Im 5ft6.5 at the moment and I am currently at 152lbs my ultimate goal is 145lbs but I'm going to see how I feel when I get there as I'm currently a uk size 12-14 and wanted to get to a 12 after being a 16-18 most of my life. I have a medium frame so I think this will be ideal but I may re-evaluate when I get there x
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" my ideal goal weight is 140. however, as i get closer to it, i will make modifications as necessary to see what weight i am comfortable with
  • yoga321
    Options
    Hi ~ i'm just starting and my goal weight is 140lbs, I am small boned and as a younger woman was always trim, it seems after menopause it is harder and harder to get the weight off I hope to get off 30lbs by June... is that realistic??
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 5 1/2. My goal is to hit 150, however, when I was at 145 (10 years ago), I was very pleased with how I looked.

The right number, I think, all depends on things like your individual build and amount of muscle.

I find it interesting how sizes vary. When I get down to 145, i will probably wear a 10 in pants. I have a pear shape, yet others with an apple or other shape would wear a much smaller pant size.

I am also 5'5.5" and I always said the exact same thing - I could never be a size 2/4/6 because my hips are too wide. I'm also a pear shape.

My highest weight was 168 and a size 14. I thought when I got to about 135 and a size 8/10 I was done. Then I decided to see what I could really accomplish as far as fitness (I wanted to lift heavier weights and also become a faster runner).

Throughout that process of trying to achieve a fitness goal I lost 10 more pounds, bringing me down to 125 and a size 4. I'm currently a 123.5lbs, 20% BF and and shooting for 115-118 with a BF% goal of around 15-16% and I want to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I will probably wear that size 2 then.
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Im 5"6 aiming for 133lbs (what i was before kids)
    Also aiming for size 10 so whatever comes first :)
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    My initial goal weight is 160 (or 33% body fat, which ever comes first) so that I can get into the US NAVY.

My overall goal weight is between 130-140. I have a large bone structure so I am not sure what would look best on me. I do not want to look too skinny

**TIP ON HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHAT SIZE BONE STRUCTURE YOU HAVE** Take your thumb and index finger and put it around your wrist. If your fingers overlap, you have a small bone structure; it they connect, you have a medium bone structure; but (if like me) they cannot connect at all, this means you have a large bone structure.
  • claire7090
    Options
    I am aiming for 149lbs - currently at 156 lbs and started at 177 lbs. Not sure I want to go much lower than 149 as I am now a UK 12 in clothes (US 8) and don't want to look too thin. My friends say I look great at 156 lbs but still slightly overweight on the BMI scale so I am going to get to the 149 lbs hopefully in the next 6 weeks. :happy:
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'6 and my goal weight is 125 lbs. I would love to be a consistent size 4. In high school, I was about 115 lbs and really involved in athletics. I don't think that I want to be that small again, but 125 would be great!!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    5'6 and my goal weight is 132lbs roughly. I started at 154lbs and taking it slowly, it takes me between 1 and 2 weeks to lose just 1lb.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Mine's 149. (I know it's an odd number, but it means a loss of 100 pounds and I like round numbers.)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my weight goal is 128-130lbs.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    **TIP ON HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHAT SIZE BONE STRUCTURE YOU HAVE** Take your thumb and index finger and put it around your wrist. If your fingers overlap, you have a small bone structure; it they connect, you have a medium bone structure; but (if like me) they cannot connect at all, this means you have a large bone structure.

Oh yeah, to add to my post; my thumb and little finger overlap doing that, so 120-125 looks just fine on me. It may be too low for other people who are 5'6.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'6 and hoping to get down to 140.
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and am aiming for 150 pounds, but I've never been that weight, so it still sounds very light to me. We'll see.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm just a 1/2" under you and currently weigh 179, and I would be happy with 152 (it is when I would have a healthy BMI)
    BUT I would LOVE to be 142 AND if I hit that, I'd have to try for 132 (when I was the happiest with my body).

I once went to a dietician junior year of college. I probably weighed 200 lbs then and she told me my goal of 135lbs (which I was at Sophomore year in high school) was unrealistic - it was crushing to hear that. Maybe she was just trying to get me to focus on mini-goals but then she should have said that. But like I said, get me to 152 and then I will aim beyond that.
  • M6Tina
    M6Tina Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my ideal weight is 150 BUT, I'd settle for 155-160. That's what I was in High School but because I was so damn tall, I didn't realize I wasn't fat. All the other girls were size 6 and the such. I didn't realize it was because they were so much shorter than I was.