You must stay ahead of hunger! MUST READ!!

Options
You must stay ahead of hunger, or thirst for that matter. By the time you get hungry you body is telling you. "I needed food a while ago, give it to me now!" Your already on empty. After all, you wouldn't wait till you car was completely empty before you go get more gas would you? Eat for fuel not for flavor, not for emotions. You must treat your metabolism as a bond fire. You must feed the flame regularly or it goes out. You can't pile on to much at once though it overwhelms the flame at puts it out. Portion control, your stomach is about the size of you 2 fists combined, eat to fill your stomach without overwhelming it. Eat off of saucers to limit portions, eat with small utincels and chew each bite up well. When you eat, do just that, EAT. Nothing else, no TV, no Phone, no newspaper or anything. Every been eating and watching TV and all of a sudden your food is gone and your still hungry? You body being satisfied and you mind thinking you satisfied are 2 very different things. Focus on you food. Plan you meals in advance. If you plan once your hungry you will eat with your taste buds, not with you mind. You need 5-6 meals a day and 100oz of water a day (12-13 cups) Drink water before each meal eat every 2-3 hours. At max 15 minutes before you eat. Don't count anything but PURE WATER in you 100oz count, not tea or anything else close. Do not count water consumed with cardio, you are just replacing that which you are losing. The water lubricates to digestive track, pads the stomach, and allows the body to release excess water weight you body clings to due to your lack of sufficient hydration. You body saves water because it gets so little. When it gets what it need it doesn't hold any excess water, leaning you out to you max. Drink water then eat as soon as you get up so you body gets it's fuel for the day. Breakfast should be your largest meal. Also if you eat "junk" that day, the earlier the better. That ensures you body burns it off, but make sure it's no more then 15% of you daily caloric intake. Work you way up to these things, baby steps, give your body time to adjust and grow. You can do it, don't allow the past or negative people to hold you back from you happyness. There's a first time for everything and you deserve it! One step at a time, one desision at a time, take you life back! I would like feed back on if this infomation helped you or not, feel free to message, friend me and follow me on Twitter @gyasidaniels for much more. Let's do this!

Replies

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    That's quite a wall of text there.

And in that wall of text is a lot of myths about metabolism, water and a lot of other stuff.

But hey if it works for you, good for you.
  • Iamachocaholic
    Options
    I had actually put many of these idea's into practice before reading your post, and I can honestly say that I find many of your idea's to be true.
    I drink anywhere from 8-14 glasses of water a day and have found my skin to be clearer as a bonus. I also eat breakfast, along with single-servings of fruits and vegetables as snacks during the day (at about the 2-2.5 hour mark), and find that I am much more satisfied than when I was eating garbage food.
    Another thing I noticed with increasing the exercise, water, and healthy food choices, was that I *tasted* the food more. I thought I was crazy, until I mentioned it to a few people, and several have suggested that it may have been the chemicals and additives in the processed foods (that are no longer in my diet), that once you eliminate that crap you actually taste the richness of flavors in real foods. I also realized the other day while having dinner, that phenomenon of "disappearing food" you mentioned, and because of that night, I am now trying to not eat in front of the TV or computer, but either in the kitchen or the living room (with the TV off) and I find it is helping.
    I believe in reading and learning all you can about life in general. Listen to everyone, read as much as you can, and then research-research-research. From that pool of information, take what fits your life the best ... some of it you will keep "on file", some of it you will use, some of it you will discard ... but you will have the information you need to make the best decision for you, and that's what matters in the long run, as none of us are the same.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    That's quite a wall of text there.

And in that wall of text is a lot of myths about metabolism, water and a lot of other stuff.

But hey if it works for you, good for you.

I've been agreeing with you a lot. And this is no exception.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    That is full of myths and especially about the amount of water you need to drink every day and not counting anything other than water as being part of your daily intake of fluids.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/drinking-enough-water-topic-overview

An extract from that article:
    Do you have to drink only water to stay hydrated?
    All liquids help you stay hydrated. Water is usually the best choice, because it’s free (if you’re drinking tap water) and has no sugar or calories. But most healthy people can get enough fluid through the beverages they consume every day. These can include water, fruit juices, coffee, sodas, iced tea, and other drinks.

Experts say that it's not true that beverages that have caffeine-such as coffee, tea, and cola drinks-always dehydrate you. Healthy people who consume moderate amounts of caffeine don't lose more fluid than people who don't have any caffeine.1 A moderate amount of caffeine is about 200 to 300 milligrams a day. That's about two to four 8-ounce cups of coffee.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What about intermittent fasting?? :x I couldn't eat a huge breakfast...I'm never hungry then!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word. Words words werds word Wordy word.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Paragraphs are your friend. I tried to read that wall of text, but it's a mess.

And you label your own post a "must read?"

Narcissistic much?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've been exercising, dieting and eating right for decades and none of that has ever proven true for me, or anyone else I know for that matter. It's really so much easier than that to stay thin and fit.
  • yosem
    yosem Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you posting this information, I found it very informative and useful. A good reminder of things we should do. I Look forward to more of your postings.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    Yes I did enjoy your post and do not think that it was full of myths and agree with mostly everything that you stated.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I do agree with some points however, I do have issues with the ones about eating most in the morning, meal frequency and wter.

Meal frequency has no effect on weight loss nor does consuming calories at different points of the day.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html
    "So here’s the take home:
    ■If eating more frequently makes it easier to control/reduce calories, it will help you to lose weight/fat.
    ■If eating more frequently makes it harder to control/reduce calories, or makes you eat more, you will gain weight.
    ■If eating less frequently makes it harder for you to control/reduce calories (because you get hungry and binge), it will hurt your efforts to lose weight/fat.
    ■If eating less frequently makes it easier for you to control/reduce calories (for any number of reasons), then that will help your efforts to lose weight/fat "

Water intake -
    Mayo clinic does suggest 9 cups for women, 13 for men, however, they say it is not necessary to drink all of that as plain water.

"Although it's a great idea to keep water within reach at all times, you don't need to rely only on what you drink to meet your fluid needs. What you eat also provides a significant portion of your fluid needs. On average, food provides about 20 percent of total water intake. For example, many fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon and tomatoes, are 90 percent or more water by weight.

In addition, beverages such as milk and juice are composed mostly of water. Even beer, wine and caffeinated beverages — such as coffee, tea or soda — can contribute, but these should not be a major portion of your daily total fluid intake. Water is still your best bet because it's calorie-free, inexpensive and readily available"
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283/NSECTIONGROUP=2

But what about caffeine dehydrating you -
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661
    "research shows that this is not true and that caffeine has a diuretic effect only if you consume large amounts of it — more than 500 to 600 milligrams (the equivalent of 5 to 7 cups of coffee) a day. "
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    Meal frequency does have effect on the metabolism, in return effect on weight loss. I'm sorry that I do not have an online source, but I do not usually look online considering that it could be posted by anyone. Although I do agree that eating smaller more frequent meals could have different effects on different peoples appetities, I have to say that is an effective way to lose weight due to raising metabolism. My nursing anatomy and physiology book states " ingestion of food raises the metabolic rate 10-20% due to energy costs of digesting, absorbing and storing nutrients. This effect, food induced thermogenesis, is greatest after eating a high protein meal and lower after a high carb and lipid meal." Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Tortora and Derrickson pg 1002. Maybe I'm confused but what exactly is the myth: eating only raised metabolism with one meal, or eating does not raise metabolism at all?
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    If you read the link it quotes and cites the study that backs it up.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Eat for fuel not flavour - how utterly depressing.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Meal frequency does have effect on the metabolism, in return effect on weight loss. I'm sorry that I do not have an online source, but I do not usually look online considering that it could be posted by anyone. Although I do agree that eating smaller more frequent meals could have different effects on different peoples appetities, I have to say that is an effective way to lose weight due to raising metabolism. My nursing anatomy and physiology book states " ingestion of food raises the metabolic rate 10-20% due to energy costs of digesting, absorbing and storing nutrients. This effect, food induced thermogenesis, is greatest after eating a high protein meal and lower after a high carb and lipid meal." Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Tortora and Derrickson pg 1002. Maybe I'm confused but what exactly is the myth: eating only raised metabolism with one meal, or eating does not raise metabolism at all?

Read more than one line in your A&P textbook, you will have a better understanding. Also, the internet has plenty of credible sources, you just have to know where to look for them.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Stuff about water - wrong
    Stuff about fueling the metabolism - wrong
    Stuff about it going out - wrong
    Stuf about meal timings - wrong
    Stuff about eating only for fuel - wrong

...did i miss anything?

If you'd titled it "Myths to avoid, MUST READ!" then it'd be a good post! :D
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Nah...I like my way better. Amazingly I'm losing and feeling great. Go figure..
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Stuff about water - wrong
    Stuff about fueling the metabolism - wrong
    Stuff about it going out - wrong
    Stuf about meal timings - wrong
    Stuff about eating only for fuel - wrong

...did i miss anything?

If you'd titled it "Myths to avoid, MUST READ!" then it'd be a good post! :D

I think you got it all. Some people are just myth happy. I also love how the whole thing ends up just being a giant spamalicious ad for his Twitter feed.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

The myth of increased meal frequency = greater metabolism is from the thought of a more frequent boost from TEF, from lyle mcdonald to easily explain it
    Eat more frequently and metabolic rate goes up more, right? Because you’re stimulating TEF more often. Well, no. Here’s why:
    Say we have two people, both eating the same 3000 calories per day from identical macronutrients. One eats 6 meals of 500 calories/meal while the other eats 3 meals of 1000 calories/meal and we’ll assume a TEF of 10%. So the first will have a TEF of 50 calories (10% of 500) 6 times/day. The second will have a TEF of 100 calories (10% of 1000 calories) 3 times/day. Well, 6X50 = 300 calories/day and 3X100 = 300 calories/day. There’s no difference.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

The myth of increased meal frequency = greater metabolism is from the thought of a more frequent boost from TEF, from lyle mcdonald to easily explain it
    Eat more frequently and metabolic rate goes up more, right? Because you’re stimulating TEF more often. Well, no. Here’s why:
    Say we have two people, both eating the same 3000 calories per day from identical macronutrients. One eats 6 meals of 500 calories/meal while the other eats 3 meals of 1000 calories/meal and we’ll assume a TEF of 10%. So the first will have a TEF of 50 calories (10% of 500) 6 times/day. The second will have a TEF of 100 calories (10% of 1000 calories) 3 times/day. Well, 6X50 = 300 calories/day and 3X100 = 300 calories/day. There’s no difference.

Bingo!