When should I eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It is recommended you eat breakfast no later than 2 hours from waking.
    by whom?
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Just say yes.
    DSC02392.jpg
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    by whom?

by chachita7. weren't you listening???
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Just say yes.
    DSC02392.jpg

Yes please!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    You should eat breakfast before 11 AM. After 11 AM and before 4 PM it would be called lunch, after 4 PM I'd call it dinner.

Unless you are eating on the weekend between 10am and 2pm. Then it's called brunch.

How could I forget brunch? The second most important meal of the week if it includes champagne and mimosas.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you are hungry. If you wait and end up binging because of your hunger, eat earlier, if not, eat whenever you want. If you feel tired and drained of energy, that might also be a sign to eat earlier to get energy. Your metabolism is always working, so you do not need to start it or anything.
  • Qarol
    Options
    by whom?
    by chachita7. weren't you listening???
    derp...it's all this wax in my eyes
  • sunkisses
    Options
    Is the answer different if you're on Military Time?
  • Qarol
    Options
    No, the answer is still 42....
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i usually eat before10 naturally....I eat 2 boiled eggs, with some avocado and like 2-3 triscuit crackers with some low fat cheese on it! that usually does the trick until lunch! and its deliciousss. I love Avocado too muchhh
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    That's the answer to life, not breakfast. That's a totally different question.
  • engineman312
    Options

42 is the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything. goddamn noobs.
  • ptoleary
    Options
    Eat every three hours to keep the metabolism at its peak
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

So long... thanks for all the fish.
  • sunkisses
    Options

So like......... is that 4200 hours or o-4200 hours. 'Cause I need to set my cell phone alarm to remind me.
  • engineman312
    Options
    42 o'clock.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Now see. There you've done it. Your joking and not being serious has hurt someone's feelings and they're saying so long. Ughh! That's why we have to be very very serious around here.

The answer 42 remains correct as breakfast, especially the one pictured, is life and therefore the answer to life will guide you to breakfast.
    I used my babblefish to wade through the nonsensical metabolism talk to come up with this.

So long... thanks for all the fish.
  • Legend2point0
    Options
    Eat within 30 minutes of waking, your body has been starving all night and it will feed off muscle. Since muscle eats body fat the more muscle you can preserve the faster you'll reach your goal. Studies show that eating breakfast reduces cravings later in the day.

And you'll have energy to start off your day!
  • jrhose
    jrhose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This article makes sense to me: http://www.livestrong.com/article/321836-does-eating-breakfast-raise-metabolism/

It's says it "can" raise your metabolism, not that it definitely will. Everyone's body is different. I absolutely need to eat by 9am (I get up at 6) or I can't think straight. My husband is fine with skipping breakfast, and just having coffee and waiting until lunchtime to eat.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Eat within 30 minutes of waking, your body has been starving all night and it will feed off muscle. Since muscle eats body fat the more muscle you can preserve the faster you'll reach your goal. Studies show that eating breakfast reduces cravings later in the day.

Links?
    Especially for the 'feed off muscle' bit.

As a bit of bro science for you, if I eat breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up I am so hungry by lunch time I make really bad food choices. I will eat anything as soon as I can. If I delay breakfast I can control my cravings.

It's all about you and what works for you. If breakfast does something for you eat it. if it doesn't don't. Simple as.