How do you reward yourself???

Options

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You can do it Raine. :) It did suck, lol, but it sure sucked more having to keep buying bigger clothes when I was gaining all that weight lol.

I'm lucky in that I work from home, so a lot of the stuff I bought while losing was stuff like stretchy yoga pants that would last a long time. :)
  • rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can do it Raine. :) It did suck, lol, but it sure sucked more having to keep buying bigger clothes when I was gaining all that weight lol.

I'm lucky in that I work from home, so a lot of the stuff I bought while losing was stuff like stretchy yoga pants that would last a long time. :)

That's soooo true! lol I have accepted hand-me-downs and will continue to do so until I feel like i am ready to start buying stuff. :-)
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I dont have mini goals so I dont reward myself (which I think is a great idea I just cant think of any rewards anyways). I plan on going down 40-45 pounds in a short time (fingers crossed) so buying clothes as a reward at each mini goal weight doesnt make much sense.

I do have a reward in mind for when I reach my final weight. It is a tattoo on my side. Very painful but will look sooooo good when I get thin. It gives me something to strive for that will be a reminder to me of how hard I worked to get something I really wanted.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Shoes!!! and nail polish...
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When I lose my first official 10 lbs since having my son (2 more lbs to go! I started before I signed up for MFP & have actually lost more than MFP says I have) I'll be treating myself to $5 on iTunes. :) I'm working hard with my husband to become debt free so my splurges are rather small but they still make me happy.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Undies! I'm not that into fashion, I'm happiest in jeans & a tour shirt. But I do like nice undies. So this time as I shrink I'll be treating myself (and my SO) to some sexy sets.:wink:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    My name is Raine, I'm 25 and started my weight loss journey at the end of July 2011. Down 45 lbs currently. :-)

I have made a point to reward myself with non food items when I reach little goals.
    For example, when I lost my first 20 lbs, I bought myself a sexy dress.
    When I did really well over the holidays I bought a sexy (smaller sized) dress.
    And when I officially went from a Morbidly Obese BMI to just Obese BMI I bought myself my first pair of running shoes.;-)

So I was wondering what you all reward yourself with when you hit your mini goals???

Happy Losing!!!!
    ♥ Raine ♥

Each goal has a special reward for me. This month if I lose 10 lbs, I will buy a nice piece of jewelry from my cousin who makes custom links (check her out at https://www.facebook.com/iddreams/favorites#!/pages/Crying-Creek-Chainmaille/322926281051111). For each 10lb per month goal, I will get another piec of jewelry! My work is doing a fitness challenge for the highest percentage of body wieght lost by the end of March...I am less concerned by that.

If I lose 50 lbs by the end of May, I will buy myself a sexy dress. For each 25 after another sexy dress. When I have lost 100 lbs, I get to buy a new wardrobe!
  • rainedays86
    Options
    I dont have mini goals so I dont reward myself (which I think is a great idea I just cant think of any rewards anyways). I plan on going down 40-45 pounds in a short time (fingers crossed) so buying clothes as a reward at each mini goal weight doesnt make much sense.

I do have a reward in mind for when I reach my final weight. It is a tattoo on my side. Very painful but will look sooooo good when I get thin. It gives me something to strive for that will be a reminder to me of how hard I worked to get something I really wanted.

That's great! You should consider doing rewards for mini goals though! Maybe every 10 lbs! Reward yourself with new workout gear! Or somethin girly like nail polish or lipstick! It's important to reward yourself for little accomplishments! Losing 5-10 lbs is a big deal! And you deserve to reward yourself for doing so well! It helps me to keep motivated!
  • rainedays86
    Options
    My name is Raine, I'm 25 and started my weight loss journey at the end of July 2011. Down 45 lbs currently. :-)

I have made a point to reward myself with non food items when I reach little goals.
    And when I officially went from a Morbidly Obese BMI to just Obese BMI I bought myself my first pair of running shoes.;-)

So I was wondering what you all reward yourself with when you hit your mini goals???

Happy Losing!!!!
    ♥ Raine ♥

Each goal has a special reward for me. This month if I lose 10 lbs, I will buy a nice piece of jewelry from my cousin who makes custom links (check her out at https://www.facebook.com/iddreams/favorites#!/pages/Crying-Creek-Chainmaille/322926281051111). For each 10lb per month goal, I will get another piec of jewelry! My work is doing a fitness challenge for the highest percentage of body wieght lost by the end of March...I am less concerned by that.

If I lose 50 lbs by the end of May, I will buy myself a sexy dress. For each 25 after another sexy dress. When I have lost 100 lbs, I get to buy a new wardrobe!

What a great idea!!! Maybe I will try the jewelry thing! I don't have very much! And now that I have a neck again, I might be able to look cute in them! hahaha!
  • rainedays86
    Options
    Undies! I'm not that into fashion, I'm happiest in jeans & a tour shirt. But I do like nice undies. So this time as I shrink I'll be treating myself (and my SO) to some sexy sets.:wink:

Awesome! I need to downsize my undies, the ones I have are super saggy now! I like shopping at Cato for everything. They have such cute stuff in all sizes!
  • rainedays86
    Options
    When I lose my first official 10 lbs since having my son (2 more lbs to go! I started before I signed up for MFP & have actually lost more than MFP says I have) I'll be treating myself to $5 on iTunes. :) I'm working hard with my husband to become debt free so my splurges are rather small but they still make me happy.

The fact that you are rewarding yourself is what's important! Who cares if it's only something for a dollar! It's worth so much more when you know you have earned it!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    good question, I'd have to say clothes or sotheing like that ...
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My reward for losing 5lbs at the end of this month will be a pair of pants a new shirt and a haircut(i have not bought myself any jeans in over 2 years and im down to my last pair that isnt falling apart) I will also be purchasing p90x rather i reach the goal or not :)
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Happy Losing!!!!
    ♥ Raine ♥

Thank you for this post because like you I like to reward myself without food and was running out of ideas.
  • 4UrPb8vo
    Options
    gog.jpg

I go http://www.gog.com/ and get a game, there $5.99 and $9.99 and they work on all versions of windows... I love gaming and getting a little something DRMfree and that i can enjoy for the price of a matinee movie makes me happy :smile:
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Clothes for sure! I've gone from a 2X to a 4/6 so I've had to buy a LOT of clothes!

WOW! Congrats on your loss!!! I am scared to buy too many clothes just yet. I went from 24 pants to 16/18 pants now. I can't afford to buy an entire new wordrobe every few months. lol When I was ten I went from kids sizes to a womens size 10 jeans. So i don't even know what it will feel like to be in anything less than that! Super excited to find out though!

What I'm doing with all of my old clothes once I go through them and find which ones are still in relatively good shape, is going on ebay, and is going into a fund for when I do need/want new clothes.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Mine are all fitness stuff and new clothes for rewards. It makes me excited to keep going.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

The fact that you are rewarding yourself is what's important! Who cares if it's only something for a dollar! It's worth so much more when you know you have earned it!

You're right. As long as it makes me happy then I feel like it's a great reward. My BIG reward will be the feeling I get when I have slimmed down in time for my son's first birthday party. I will be a fit & active mom! I can't wait! I want to show my son that hard work & commitment pays off with big rewards. I want him to always be confident he can achieve anything he chooses to. :)
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Happy Losing!!!!
    ♥ Raine ♥

Thank you for this post because like you I like to reward myself without food and was running out of ideas.

same for me thank you I have to say you all have a lott of good ideals and I am going to reward my self when I hit 5bl with the 5.00 i tunes , that will be a l.00 for each pound. I also love the game for the computer ideal also cloths but that will be after 25 or 30 pounds loss. this is fun!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I've not done well enough to hit any goals yet. I'll see when I do.

My wife will splurge on something she wants & needs. When she hit her first 25lbs lost she replaced her aging laptop with an HP Touchsmart PC. She tries to tie it to things she both needs, but wants too.

JM