Can someone give me an estimate on my Indian dinner?

So, my friends wanted Indian when we walked past a Naan n Curry. I'm new to Indian food, so I was at a slight disadvantage.

I'm not really concerned, because I had plenty of calories left for dinner, but I'm curious to know about how much was in my dinner.

I ordered the plain ol' chicken curry--some chunks of white meat chicken in a sauce. The sauce was not creamy based, but the guy at the counter said that they use a little bit of yogurt. Since the chicken chunks (I'm guessing around 3 oz in total, as they had bones) were pretty big, they weren't swimming. I also ordered roti (the thin, non-fluffy whole wheat bread) and broke off a piece about the length of my hand. If it had any butter, it was a very small amount. I used a spoonful of the sauce for dipping my roti in.

Any guesses?

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    So, my friends wanted Indian when we walked past a Naan n Curry. I'm new to Indian food, so I was at a slight disadvantage.

I'm not really concerned, because I had plenty of calories left for dinner, but I'm curious to know about how much was in my dinner.

I ordered the plain ol' chicken curry--some chunks of white meat chicken in a sauce. The sauce was not creamy based, but the guy at the counter said that they use a little bit of yogurt. Since the chicken chunks (I'm guessing around 3 oz in total, as they had bones) were pretty big, they weren't swimming. I also ordered roti (the thin, non-fluffy whole wheat bread) and broke off a piece about the length of my hand. If it had any butter, it was a very small amount. I used a spoonful of the sauce for dipping my roti in.

Any guesses?
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    You musta been in SF, cause NANN and Curry is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea on the cals though.....I love theri peanut sauce and the chicken curry you had.

I wouldnt worry too bad, but maybe just make that yummy place a once in a while...............

:flowerforyou:
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Hello. There is 206 in the vegtable nann.