Can someone give me an estimate on my Indian dinner?

Options
So, my friends wanted Indian when we walked past a Naan n Curry. I'm new to Indian food, so I was at a slight disadvantage.

I'm not really concerned, because I had plenty of calories left for dinner, but I'm curious to know about how much was in my dinner.

I ordered the plain ol' chicken curry--some chunks of white meat chicken in a sauce. The sauce was not creamy based, but the guy at the counter said that they use a little bit of yogurt. Since the chicken chunks (I'm guessing around 3 oz in total, as they had bones) were pretty big, they weren't swimming. I also ordered roti (the thin, non-fluffy whole wheat bread) and broke off a piece about the length of my hand. If it had any butter, it was a very small amount. I used a spoonful of the sauce for dipping my roti in.

Any guesses?

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    So, my friends wanted Indian when we walked past a Naan n Curry. I'm new to Indian food, so I was at a slight disadvantage.

I'm not really concerned, because I had plenty of calories left for dinner, but I'm curious to know about how much was in my dinner.

I ordered the plain ol' chicken curry--some chunks of white meat chicken in a sauce. The sauce was not creamy based, but the guy at the counter said that they use a little bit of yogurt. Since the chicken chunks (I'm guessing around 3 oz in total, as they had bones) were pretty big, they weren't swimming. I also ordered roti (the thin, non-fluffy whole wheat bread) and broke off a piece about the length of my hand. If it had any butter, it was a very small amount. I used a spoonful of the sauce for dipping my roti in.

Any guesses?
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You musta been in SF, cause NANN and Curry is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea on the cals though.....I love theri peanut sauce and the chicken curry you had.

I wouldnt worry too bad, but maybe just make that yummy place a once in a while...............

:flowerforyou:
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hello. There is 206 in the vegtable nann.