What is your tattoo, meaning and where is it?

Options
I'll start. I just got this tattoo in the summer and it is a Union Jack inside a Maple leaf. I was born in England but moved to Canada when I was young. It's on the back of my neck, and it looks much larger in the photo than it really is lol (hope the pic shows up)

316320_10150375444935362_586355361_9992502_340567127_n.jpg

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    left sleeve ---> floral on top descending into a water motif dragonfly/waterlily
    right sleeve --> water motif on top w/ koi descending into cherry blossoms on bottom - all my kid's names are written into the bark , which you would never see it unless i pointed it out
    right hip --> redsox symbol
    belly ---> more floral which is actually a coverup because i got loaded one night and made a tattoo machine out of an electric pencil sharpener and i thought it would be HILARIOUS at the time to tattoo "sXe" (straightedge) across by stomach.
    lower back --> classic tramp stamp i got when i was 17 (yeah, 20+ years ago)

No big meaning w/ most of them. I just happen to really like ink and the designs i've picked over the years (except for the drunken night. that was a very bad idea)
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    313623_2217006778817_1057021391_2515501_7654963_n.jpg

Cherries for a very special woman who said she wanted to buried with them in her hair, on my nape.

297054_2216975738041_1057021391_2515484_2571854_n.jpg

Amazing Grace down my thigh, which really that picture makes me look 300 lbs, but I'm really not, so I just call it a bad shot. It's just awesome..

310770_2237352087437_1057021391_2535107_1136285891_n.jpg
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a rather large black tribal dragon tattoo on the right hand side of my back. It has no meaning and I kind of regret it but it seemed like a good idea when I was 18 and drunk! All I can say is at least I can cover it up lol
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have several tattoos, all of which are related to or inspired by my favorite band:

Their name (A Fire Inside) on my right wrist -> My first when I was just testing the waters. It is still my favorite, though.
    A lyric on my left forearm -> It's a friendship tattoo as well
    A "heartbat" (comic heart with bat wings) + the name of their fanclub in the back of my neck
    A fallen leaves symbol + date of the first show I went to on my right shoulder blade -> This is a very important date to me as I've also met a bunch of very dear friends for the first time
    Lyrics on my back
    A bunny with wings on my chest
    A burning rose on my right upper arm
    Lyrics + a logo + "2009" on my right foot -> It's a tour tattoo our little tour group got during the 2009 tour

I'm determined to get something NOT related to them next. Haha
  • aduck23
    aduck23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    nice tattoos :D
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I have an upper arm tattoo on my left arm. It's a pentagram with feathered wings upon either side wrapping around my arm. Crystals line the top and bottom, the bottom ones longer than the top, making it into a cross shape (wings the sides, crystals the top and bottom). It's a religious symbol. I'm pagan so that's the pentagram. The wings are from my name - Angel. The crystals make it into a cross, symbolic of the religion of the love of my life. I believe in the harmony of religion so I'll always wear the tattoo with pride.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    20646_1279906792136_1064010115_30769469_7517775_n.jpg

L. shoulder, meaning is a personal. I am looking forward to my next and final.
  • Vjb2525
    Vjb2525 Posts: 67
    Options
    2 cherries connected to a stem with 2 leaves.. it is on my right side lower hip! I was one out of 13 on my Senior trip in 2005 at Cancun, Mexico that got a tattoo... OH the memories!

:drinker:
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    currently I have 5 tattoos which are:

Right Ankle - Hibiscus flower with some tribal around it (memory of a Holiday in New Jersey)

Inner left forearm - DILLIGAF (Motto for life (do i look like i give a ****))

Upper left arm - stars (loads of stars in a burst effect just because I love stars)

left shoulder - small heart with a rose either side (first ever tattoo)

right shoulder - kitten holding a heart

Looking forward to getting some more done when I can save up the cash :)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Age 18 - Lower back - Scorpian - my star sign
    Age 21 - Right Ankle - Pisces - my hubbys star sign
    Age 22 - Top of back - Scorpio symbol - my Mum, got this a month after she passed away - only one done without waiting at least a year
    Age 24 - Above the scorpio - Aries symbol - Daddy's sign
    Age 24 - Below the scorpio - Sagittarius symbol - Sister's sign - Done same time as above

I love all of them.

When I finally have a child I will have their Star Sign tattooed on my left ankle.

My family.
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I currently have a heart with wings, and a stake through it on my left inside wrist. Designed myself, and was how i felt. Heartache, but i rose above it.

I also have "Carpe" and "Diem" on the inside of my elbows/forearms. One word on each. Simple reminder, to sieze each day. Live it to the full.

And finally i have a cross on the back of my neck. Just a simple black cross. For me, it's a kinda of guardian angel meaning to it.

Maybe more to come....
  • jooles0
    jooles0 Posts: 47
    Options
    I have a few.
    Left ankle - Butterfly which I got to cover up somthing else. I got it to mark my 12 stone weight loss when I hit that.
    Left foot - 14 flowers all over my foot to mark my 14 stone weight loss when I hit that!
    Left shoulder - Kitty cat memorial tattoo for all the ones that have passed.
    Right leg - 2 geckos wrapped around each other making a heart.
    Left wrist - A heart made out of butterflies!

I am planning on having 24.11 tattooed on my right foot next!
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    I have 5 all together and although they dont all really mean something as in what they are they all have memories behind them whether it be when I had it or who was with me at the time.

Left bum cheek - Scorpion. This is my star sign and my first tattoo 9 years ago (i was 17), if you go into the famous Danny's tattoo studio in Nottingham theres a photos on the wall of me having it done :D

Top of my back - Dragon. my second tattoo and got it because I simply LOVE dragons

Left wrist - I have my initial 'N'... just beacuse...

Behind my right ear - I have a cluster of stars. I got this because my friend was just starting out as a tattooist and I was his first human he inked. Luckily he did a brilliant job!

Right hip - My boyfriends name! Jack. We got each others names a week after dating after a week.. risky!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    A butterfly emerging from a flurry of tiny stars on my right hip - I had it done in Portugal when I lost a fair amount of weight a few years back - it was to signify the emergence of the 'new me', but sadly, like my dreams at the time, it faded and and the colours blurred into insignificance......

When I'm down to my target weight, I'll have another done, one that will stay bright and remind me of all my hard work!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have my favourite bands logo on my right shoulder blade... The band being The Prodigy and the logo is their Ant within a broken circle... Sorry no pics ATM
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    This is my first time posting photos.... Here goes!

PC290251.jpg

This is my latest - it was only 10mins old in this photo - and is now just 2 weeks old. Its a bird which to me represents freedom and the possibility of anything. I also just really liked the bird too lol.

I also have my dogs name 'Penni' on my foot - she is my world. I have a spiral on my wrist, because I liked it and wanted something visual and I really like it. My first - the Japanese Kanji symbol for 'happiness' is also on my thigh.

I wont be stopping here either.... (Much to my mums distgust!)
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have 3, 2 that our meaningless. bu my shouler blade I have a sun, inside it is the sun setting on a beach. Also a tramp stamp. Both when I was younger and stupid. My 3rd is on my left foot. It's a hummingbird for my dad. My dad was fasinated with Indian culture, reading about them, pow wows, ect. Some tribes believe hummingbirds are soul carriers, so thats for him.
  • AndyP80
    AndyP80 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have 'Time is on my side' on my lower back which is a tribute to my best friend who died as he had the same quote

I am also halfway through a sleeve with a picture of the Madonna at the top (symbolizes my mum) then there are 5 roses (one for each of the other women in my life (grandma's x 2, Sister, Step Mum & my Fiancee) this is on my out arm to the elbow. Inner bicep is 2 cherbus on a cloud with one holding a banner and the other writting in it 'RIP Greenie' again a tribute to my best mate. This is all filled in with cloulds.

Lower half of the arm is to be in tribute to the men in my life IE dad,brother & Step dad & Grand fathers but still undecided on what to put as need to makes sure it all works well together.

Would post a pic but not sure how to add 1 into a msg so if anyone could tell me how & i'll add a cpl
  • swatts7622
    swatts7622 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    l_208aa3114213d3ca81f92b9e968fdf4f.jpg
    My toes look really dirty but its was JUST after I got them and was the ink he kept wipping off.
    got at 21, exact footprints of my daughter at birth <3

oldies058.jpg
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    F*** i want a tat now.