What is your tattoo, meaning and where is it?

Options

Replies

• swatts7622
    swatts7622 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lesson I learned the hardway.. if you are getting your first tattoo Id skip getting the feet done lol! I have very bony feet and it hurt so bad, I actually passed out durning the first foot lol, was so embarassing... ecsp since where I got it done there was a lot of famous wrestlers there at the time haha
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have 2,

A rose on my right hip - in memory of a friend who commit suicide when we were 15.

A star behind my left ear - my BFF has the same tattoo.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your pain threshold. Mine is pretty high. I got my two in two of the most sensitive places (wrist and foot) and mine tickled. The tatoo artist said I was lieing that it tickled lol but it really did. But I know I can take a lot of pain...

the first one is quite obviously butterflies on my feet and on my wrist is the phrase "no regrets" sealed with a kiss! (because you should never regret something which at one time made you smile :wink:

2qb7qbp.jpg

2eydekn.jpg
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have a rose on my hip.. just cause i wanted a tattoo.. and I have the word KARMA on my inner arm with a stylized Bhudda and lotus flower.... I love the peacefull look of the Bhudda and the karma part reminds me of what is to come for all those that hurt me .
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have four - an ankh on my lower back (what is now a tramp stamp). A Radiohead symbol that stands for "Meeting People is Easy" in the center of my back. My zodiac symbol on my left foot. My husband's zodiac symbol on my right foot.

Future tats:
    I want to get the words "Quo Vadimus" tattooed around my left ankle.
    My grandmother wears a double sail sailboat necklace. When she passes, I'm getting that tattooed on myself.
    If I have children, I want to get their zodiac symbols tattooed on me somewhere. I love the tattoo shown on this thread of the baby feet on the other person's feet. I thought about doing that for a long time!
    I'm going to get my dog's paw print and his first initial when he passes - he's my baby.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    so where would be a good place to get one, i was thinking upper right/left back would be alright. And the pain? on a scale of 1-10 how bad is it?

I have one on my shoulder blade and it didnt hurt. It was my first one and it just felt like i had sunburn but it went away after a few mins. scale of 1-10 i would say 3-4
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have my first tattoo of music notes on my foot. Meaning for that was that I LOVE music.

Also, I have an anchor on my right breast. I have that because my dad was in the navy for 19 1/2 years, and I absolutely love the water and fishing.

Third tattoo is on my right shoulder blade it is of a jellyfish with a brain. I have that because once again I absolutely love the ocean but the brain is for psychology and my high interest in how the human mind thinks and well everything.

Lastly I do have a tramp stamp, it says salt life and has a marlin between the two words. Same meaning, love for the ocean and fishing.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Butterfly

Showing my independence at 17

Left hip bone
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I had an ankh with tribal accents inked on the back of my neck when Mom was diagnosed with terminal small-cell lung cancer. The ankh represents life or life force, and it symbolizes taking her life/love/spirit into me. In times of stress, I can lay my hand on the back of my neck, and my mother's kindness and gentleness calms me.

There was absolutely no pain when I had this done...I actually went to sleep during.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Can see mine in my picture...I like the tribal tattoos....the one on my right shoulder/arm goes over to my chest....I am going to get more once I reach my goals!!!
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a monarch butterfly on a rose on the left side of my belly.

The rose is for my daughter, whose middle name is Rose. That name came from a woman who started out as my supervisor when I was volunteering at a shelter years ago but who became a really good friend before she passed away.

The monarch butterfly is for me. As a cancer survivor and being happier than ever post-divorce, it's a reminder to me of growth, reinvention, beauty, strength and second chances.

Once I get to my goal weight I'm getting a second tattoo!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I currently Have one but def want to get a sleeve.

I have the words Brooklyn on my left forearm. It is written like the old Brooklyn Dodgers symbol. Its where I was born and raised and I hope one day when I have a child to name my daughter Brooklyn So its kinda of a representation of Where I was born and the future child who will carry my legacy.
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    lora5.jpg
    This one on my shoulder is a memorial for my son (please excuse the pouty bathroom pic lol)

I also have a triquetra on my inner wrist that to me symbolizes my three stages of my journey as a woman. I also have an evil butterfly on my inner hip, and am jones'ing for another
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a little stretching black cat on my back! My little lucky charm! :smile:
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't have a tattoo yet but I know what I want (ish) I want to get a phoenix on my hip rising from ashes (to symbolise re-birth from victim to survivor, in the ashes I want a few burnt pomegranate seeds I use the name Persephone on here which relates to the greek myth about Hades abducting Persephone and because Persephone ate pomegranate seeds whilst in the underworld she must live part of her life in the underworld with Hades and can live part with her mother it's a bit complicated but the short version is my ex was abusive and at one point did keep me against my will for nearly a month so that is the symbolism there, I didn't want that part of my life to be the main part of the tattoo but it impacted on me so significantly I felt it needed to be included. Finally we have the words 'where there is life there is hope' which will run in there somewhere but I have no idea where and that will be a little reminder to never give up hope however it will be written in Italian as I love the country, the food and on tracing my family tree I learnt I have pretty big roots in Italy.

I'm waiting to get it though until I have the money, and the confidence, and mostly until I lose weight as it will be another achievement.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    As you can see, my tattoo is on my right shoulder blade. It is the symbol for the German rock group Rammstein engulfed in flames. Rammstein is my favorite band and they have been a huge inspiration to me. I am learning to speak German and plan to move to Germany and teach English eventually. I was a music major and worked so hard at music I burned out and didn't find joy in music at all. Rammstein has awakened my love of music again and I owe them so much for that. Also they are really great guys who are really good to their fans.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have a rose on the back of my neck for my daughter, and I have two small tattoos on my wrists. One's a butterfly (for my daughter) the other's a bear claw (for my son). I plan on having more work done after I hit my goal!!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I currently have two, both symbolizing my marriage. (7 years and still going strong!)

The first is a large lower back piece. It covers most of my lower back from flank to flank. It is two dragon heads coming together to form a heart shape. In the middle is a lily (my favorite flower) and there are plumerias around the dragons. I love their meanings.
    The second is between my shoulder blades above where your bra band or bikini top sits. It's about 8"x6" and is a black cross for faith with a lily in the center. I got it when my husband and I were both military and stationed apart.
    I am planning a floral sleeve, probably with plumerias. I love color, so all my tats are very brightly colored.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I've just been to the tattoist today actually! Mine don't mean anything. I just like good art on my skin.

I had my dragonfly done at 17, the flowers at 18, then at the grand old(!) age of 23 I've got a swirly band and a lotus on my forearm. The pictures of the new one are very inky, bloody and swollen I should update when its all healed up :)

a515312458_381210_9173.jpg

408098_10150499091647459_515312458_8442473_1713857452_n.jpg

Aivd2ByCQAAcbmM.jpg
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I started a post last week about "What is your reward for reaching your goal?" and tattoo was the most reward mentioned on there.