Calling all 5ft9 + Ladies

Options

Replies

• visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is about 145 lbs. I was in the 120s in my 20's but I was too skinny then. I'm in the 190s now - so I have about 50 lbs to lose.
  • shalae1
    shalae1 Posts: 12
    Options
    You'll look a bean pole!!!! TOOOOOO skinny, doll!
  • shalae1
    shalae1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is about 145 lbs. I was in the 120s in my 20's but I was too skinny then. I'm in the 190s now - so I have about 50 lbs to lose.
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9. Currently weigh 161, Goal weight 150. In college I was a rower and weighed 163,but looking back at photos I was kind of chunky. Now I am 42, a mother, and I was 150 for several years, and due to some new thyroid medicine I started on, last year I gained 10 lbs and it's been very hard to lose. But I am trying hard because I have a bunch of nice work clothes that I can no longer button. Size 6 I will be there again!!
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"ish (10" according to some) and currently weigh 279lbs. My goal weight is 170lbs, but I hope that if I can get there, I can get to maybe 150lbs...maybe. I want to see how my body looks and feels once I finally get down to that weight range so I can decide what is healthy for me. :)
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I am just shy of 5'10" and my true goal weight is 145. But I would be happy to fluctuate between 145-150. ;)
  • ItsANewMe2012
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 5'9" currently 146.8lbs & i would like to get down to the 130's (135ish)
  • Sofithomas
    Options
    5ft 11 here! Currently about 138 pounds and want to get down to about 126 if possible, I like the leaner look plus would be great as i do some modelling
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 6 ft and am aiming for 183 lbs (83k), which will put me at just under 25 BMI. I think this is a reasonable weight for myself and not the lower weights shown in the BMI range of 20 -25. I'm big boned (seriously, not just a excuse) My wrists are 8 inch/ 21cm.

Anybody else 'big boned' AND tall?

I'm the exact same, 6' with 8" wrist. My top weight was 390 and I'm down 75 to 315. I just can't seem to picture myself at a weight that would fall within the normal BMI, so I set my goal weight at 240. We'll see how I picture myself once I get there.

9947753.png

Thanks for your response! What you have accomplished is amazing! Keep up the good work - how you feel is much more important than any number.

I've chosen a weight goal, but it's not my true goal. I want to be able to run a 5 mile marathon that is coming up. I want to be able to bicycle 30 miles and ENJOY it. I want to eat for nourishment and not only for enjoyment.

Anyway, good luck to you!
  • cafeldmann
    cafeldmann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and my goal is to be a fit 150 lbs. (Although 149 sounds a lot nicer!)
  • sheresamae
    sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hi I am 5 10 Right now my goal is to be under 200 which i havent been since i was 19.. once i get there i will reevaluate but seriously doubt i will be trying for anything under 165 170.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My bones must be made out of lead... I am 5' 9" and my goal weight is 178. I felt amazing at 199 last year at my lowest weight since high school. I am currently fighing a relapse and getting back into it (weigh 218 now).

Why are y'alls goals so little??? I just don't understand how someone my height could have a healthy portion of muscle and get down to the 150's... I weighed 155 in high school, and I was SKINNY FAT.
  • gdaykatie
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall and my goal weight is 160!
    It will take a while to get to that weight, though! :)
  • clsxplor
    clsxplor Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and 57 y.o. My goal in younger years was always around 145, now I'd like to reach 160. I guess the perspective changes when you get older maybe?
  • winbox
    winbox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am just around 155 now. I would loooooooooooove to be tiny. alas
  • vashley84
    Options
    Hi fellow tall ones!
    I'm 5'9.5 and am currently 168 lbs.
    I'd like to see if I can get down to 150, but over years of varsity sports and other athletics since I was young, it has been extremely difficult for me since I think I would essentially have to lose some muscle (obviously I have fat to lose too). Last time I was below 150, I actually stopped menstruating (i was also training really hard), so I'm not even sure if it's physically possible for me, but here's to trying!
    Is anyone else having this difficulty due to body type/muscle??
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 3/4" and my goal is 155 (for now). Heaviest was about 185, but I'm currently 163. I don't think my body will stay at much less than 155 but I could certainly try. Can't seem to break 163 though.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    MEEEE!!!! Well, if we are being honest, I am 5' 9 1/2". LOL!
    I am trying to lose 40 lbs in 4 months but 50 overall.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'11 hoping to get down to 175.
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" & weigh 146. I want to maintain my weight and get more muscle tone since I turned 40 this year. Eek!