Exercising Clothes Help

Options
What kind of clothes do you wear when you exercise, like for working out exercises? I know that's kind of a stupid question, but I'm so not comfortable in the clothes I usually exercise in.

Replies

• chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    What kind of clothes do you wear when you exercise, like for working out exercises? I know that's kind of a stupid question, but I'm so not comfortable in the clothes I usually exercise in.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I wear, lululemon thin yoga pants, or shorts, along with an athletic tank top, and some serious NIKE's on my feet, I think you need to dress for comfort, and buy clothing that breathes.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i wear exercise shorts (why are they so expensive?!?!?) and baggy t-shirts.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    also, avoid fake workout shoes (nike shox, kangaroos, most puma's you get at the puma store)
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I usually wear exercise pants from Danskin, either their knit or yoga pants and capri's and I use cotton t-shirts usually white. Hanes sports bra's and either my Nike or Adidas sneakers.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    also, avoid fake workout shoes (nike shox, kangaroos, most puma's you get at the puma store)

Hey, hey...don't knock the pumas they are AMAZING for yoga and for Zumba classes! :laugh:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I work out at home so I don't have to worry about clothes. Sports bra & underware and of course shoes and socks. Now as it gets nicer out and I start running and walking outside. Yoga pants, shorts, tank tops.
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I wear technical fabrics, or clothes that wick away sweat. These types of clothes don't get sweaty and then cling to you like 100% cotton, the sweat dries fast and you stay cooler in hot weather. And if it is cold you won't freeze because of wet clothes. Target has a good like by champion, Wal Mart has a danskin line-those are the cheeper ones.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    I find that it's pretty much what ever is comfortable... usually a pair of shorts, sometimes my Adidas shoes, sometimes my Sketchers, shirt is optional, depending on how cold/warm in the house it is
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    i have some old knit elastic waist pants that are too short or just ugly - I cut them off just below the knee for walking.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I really like the champion brand that is sold at target. It is less expensive than some but I think the sports bras are better fitting than nike or adidas, not to mention champion is the only brand I have found that allows for boobs over the size of a 38D and doesn't tug on my shoulders.

I prefer the champion for the wicking materials too, and I will be honest, under armor might be good but it is twice as expensive and between us, I don't plan on wearing them that long :wink:

Shoes, I am an asics fan plain and simple. I have yet to find another brand shoe that my feet like as much as the asics for running but I also like adidas, brooks and new balance for walking or gym shoes.

:flowerforyou:
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Speaking of bras, if any of you are big chested like me, what kind of bra do you wear?
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I really like the champion brand that is sold at target. It is less expensive than some but I think the sports bras are better fitting than nike or adidas, not to mention champion is the only brand I have found that allows for boobs over the size of a 38D and doesn't tug on my shoulders.

I prefer the champion for the wicking materials too, and I will be honest, under armor might be good but it is twice as expensive and between us, I don't plan on wearing them that long :wink:

Shoes, I am an asics fan plain and simple. I have yet to find another brand shoe that my feet like as much as the asics for running but I also like adidas, brooks and new balance for walking or gym shoes.

:flowerforyou:

I'm with you on the Champion bras, they make my ta tas quite happy!

I just went to the Nike Outlet this morning and bought some more of the workout tops (screaming sales! yeah me :bigsmile: ) made out of the technical (dri-fit) fabric. I used to wear t-shirts but they get in the way plus they stay wet. I like to be able to see what I'm doing (I exercise in front of a mirror to make sure I have proper form). The t-shirts didn't let me see what I was doing. I also find the tighter yoga type pants better for the same reason. The baggier style get in the way.

That's what works for me! :drinker:
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    thin yoga pants(cus they are stretchy and thin) t-shirt (cus i have a ton) and tennis/ running shoes
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    tank top and comfy shorts and tennis shoes
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I usually wear exercise pants from Danskin, either their knit or yoga pants and capri's and I use cotton t-shirts usually white. Hanes sports bra's and either my Nike or Adidas sneakers.

This is the same thing that I wear
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The champion sports bra works fine when I'm not running. I need something stronger for the ta-tas!

My favorite pair of pants came from Victoria's Secret when they were doing their fitness wear. They're called shock absorbers. They're light and airy! I:heart: them. Should've got more. They don't fall down like some yoga pants do which drives me insane when I'm on the elliptical.

Then I just wear some random t-shirt or wife beater.

Shoes are New Balance.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options

This is the same thing that I wear

Are you dressing like me!? :laugh: :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I wear super baggy cotton pj pants. I can't move in tight clothes and the thin cotton ones breathe really well. I pair those with a basic tank and a really tight sports bra.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a pair of fitted shorts and fitted t-shirt. I do aerobics barefoot and treadmill work with reeboks.