Exercising Clothes Help

Options

Replies

• chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    The champion sports bra works fine when I'm not running. I need something stronger for the ta-tas!

My favorite pair of pants came from Victoria's Secret when they were doing their fitness wear. They're called shock absorbers. They're light and airy! I:heart: them. Should've got more. They don't fall down like some yoga pants do which drives me insane when I'm on the elliptical.

Then I just wear some random t-shirt or wife beater.

Shoes are New Balance.
    How much are the Champion bras?
  • Shawna_L
    Shawna_L Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bras, if any of you are big chested like me, what kind of bra do you wear?

This bra is awesome...

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,19835_Moving-Comfort-Fiona-Sports-Bra-For-Women.html
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Champion Bra, is I think around 16. And there are a few different styles. I really like them too, trying to get every single color!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I wear sweat pant capri's and a cotton fitted tee- and of course sneakers and 2 sports bras- my HRM
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I wear either stretchy yoga capri's or pants, super comfy(which i bought at Zeller's and WalMart) and a sports bra and tank top or just sports bra depends on how warm//cold it is in the house and my Saucony Trigon 5 Progrid Guide shoes are awesome!! They were recommended to me at SportCheck.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    When i go to the gym, i wear cheap walart workout pants that fit like yoga pants and a t-shirt (because jeans are not allowed). When I jog with the dogs, though, I wear jeans. I know that's weird, but workout pants do not provide the support I need when doing a lot of "bouncing" around. When I wear looser fit pants and run, my skin itches and crawls for hours afterward... I think because as I run I get tiny tears on the outermost layer of skin. The jeans hold everything in place, though... call me crazy if you want.

i refuse to pay big $$ for workout clothes for 2 reasons - 1) I plan to shrink out of them by summer... and 2) I'm a major klutz and always either spilling things on my clothes or getting them snagged on stuff. My "workout" pants are already getting pretty loose...
  • beautifullyjaded
    Options
    haha i go to the gym at 5 am daily so i wear my pajama bottems and a baggy t-shirt and my champion tennies. its comfy and i refuse to be un comfy while workin out.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I wear my underarmour bra which is awesome ... well i look pretty flat chested in comparason to my normal chest but lemme tell you it keeps those girls stuck to my body so i dont get whip lash:blushing:

for my pants i wear my lululemon yoga pants ... make my *kitten* look fabulous lol

and my shirt i have a bunch of unerarmour ones that keep the sweat away ... and i have a few lululemon ones .....

and my nike shoes...
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    miso- here's a question for you -
    My belly has been itching since I started exercising, like a light sunburn or something. Is that what you've experienced with loose exercise clothing?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I wear what my pic shows. Champion bra is great! I need some new stuff to keep that motivation going....:happy:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Yesterday I wore a sports bra and leggings. The pants seem tight, but the bra, defineately not. I need a tighter bra!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I wore a sports bra and leggings. The pants seem tight, but the bra, defineately not. I need a tighter bra!

Gah! Im with you on the needing a tighter sports bra I think I will try the underarmour one mentioned in an earlier posts....
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have a selection of long trousers, or knee lengths (nike) and they have to be black!! :smile:
    sports bra (34D's hurt when i run)... sleeveless vest tops - black again!
    Nike Trainers.. cheap but comfy ones!! :happy:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The key piece is the bra!!!!:laugh: I wear a TIGHT bra- slightly too small- when I run. I also always wear the athletic tops with the built in bra over my bra! Also the right undies!!! Wedgies and exercise don't mix.:noway: I'm still working on finding the right shoes. I've finally broken in the new running shoes I bought last month.:grumble: Think I may have to pony up the big bucks and seek help from a running store!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I wear mostly capri or yoga style pants, mostly bought from Old Navy (probably my FAVE), Target, and/or New York and Company. As for sports bras, I do Old Navy or Target's Champion brand. I then wear a 'body shaper' from NY&Co (I used to work there so I have BILLION of them!) with a regular cotton t-shirt over that. I'm sure this seems like overload on clothing for a lot of people. But I feel that the body shaper 'sucks me in' underneath the cotton t-shirt. That's just me and what makes me comfortable. Plus the body shaper gives added support to the bust line since it has a 'built in bra'. This is great if you need a lil something extra.

As for shoes, I bought a pair of Oasics from ****'s Sporting Goods. I feel they give me great support and I wear them strictly to the gym. I have pretty wide feet so Nike and Adidas don't work well for me.

Best of luck to you! Mainly just find something that makes you feel comfortable. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • hbaggett67
    hbaggett67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bras, if any of you are big chested like me, what kind of bra do you wear?

Enell No-bounce Bra. It is the greatest bra I've ever used, and I'm a D.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    also, avoid fake workout shoes (nike shox, kangaroos, most puma's you get at the puma store)

I wear Nike Shox and have for the past 3 years...........

They are great for running or jogging.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options

This bra is awesome...

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,19835_Moving-Comfort-Fiona-Sports-Bra-For-Women.html

I love the way that bra looks! It looks so comfy!! But they don't have my size! I'm a 42 DD but they only go up to 40 DD. :sad:
  • chickadee10
    Options

Enell No-bounce Bra. It is the greatest bra I've ever used, and I'm a D.
    I'm a 40D. It totally stinks being so big chested. The people with small chests sometimes complain about their size, they should think of themselves as lucky!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    also, avoid fake workout shoes (nike shox, kangaroos, most puma's you get at the puma store)

I wear Nike Shox and have for the past 3 years...........

They are great for running or jogging.

Oh gosh, they are soooooo bad for your feet. It annoys me that I have to sell them. I never recommend them for running. Most of them have leather uppers which makes no sense in itself, but the insole isn't any good either. It's hard to find quality technical Nike running shoes in retail stores.

Anywho, to work out I wear Dri Fit bras, usually tank tops or loose t-shirts, and leggings. I looove my Under Armor socks too, but I also have a lot of regular cotton ones for when I'm not running far. I am about to retire my Asics 2130's and buy some Brooks Adrenaline 8's and I'm SO excited cause I get 25% off at work! :bigsmile: