Repairing your broken furnace (Metabolism)

Options

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Awesome article. Saving it for even the motivational quotes at the botttom! Thanks
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Ivykivy,
    There are many forms of protein out there that contains low fat, Chicken, turkey and fish are prime examples. Also your whey protein suppliments (whey protein shake mixes or even premixed. ) EAS Advant are good they are premixed, 17g of protein per 110z shake, and they actually taste very good (I get mine at Wal-Mart) you can even dive into the protein bars, etc.. but be careful, they are loaded with carbs. so be smart (eat em early... like your first snack or as a "desert" at lunch)

Everyone else, Thank you for the kind words. I didn't think this one would rocket like this.. I'm glad everyone is getting some good info from it.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Spiritmi, you're welcome and I hope it aids as many people that reads it. I never realized until I began my fitness campaign that so many little things such as when to eat certain foods can make so much of a difference. But it does. This article was shared with me by just another Joe that made a lifestyle change and he went from overweight to sculpted in @ a year following these rules and a few others along with a fitness plan. I know it works, and it's working for me! And that's what we're here to do, is share information with each other, provide motivation and support. I just want to do my part!
    Good luck!

Thanks for posting that. It reinforces what I've been doing and helps me see a couple things I can change to tweak my diet. I like the info about the exercise too. It's kind of funny because sometimes I will miss a cardio session but I NEVER miss my strength training. It seems like it's kind of intuitive that it's the most important for my body at this time. Not that I like to miss any work out they both make me feel great!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Wildkat, you're welcome. I'm glad that the info is reaching out there! I'm just glad everyone has a chance to learn it, and see how they can change the way they're eating. This site does a tremendous job of that, but now to time your meals to get max results.. now, that is MONEY! and you nailed it! All you dieters out there, the ones that want to "loose weight" by just eating, it will work, BUT ya really gotta add some type of exercise/fitness program in there to make the most of it. Good luck everyone!
  • nerveracker
    Options
    bump (shameless I know self bump) :blushing:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Thank you for sharing this.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I echo everyone else, great article. SO, dumb question - what do y'all mean when you say you "tagged it.?" I have to copy and past to a word doc. :huh:

just by adding a comment to a thread, you automatically place it in your "my topics" list. then, later, when you want to look at it again, you can easily find it there. remember though, the 25(?) most recent ones are in that list, so if you bump it into your topics, then post comments on bunches more threads, it will disappear from that list-

am I making sense? I just came from a run, I hope it reads like what I am meaning to say in my head-
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Thanks for reading everyone. Tag it, read it, enjoy it, use it. I hope everyone who's read this has gotten some ideas on how to fix that broken furnace, I know I did. Hope you see a difference !
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • nerveracker
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • ametis
    ametis Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh boy, it's many things to think before eating.......

it's complicated to eat healthy. Since few days i am on MFP, and i read here and there, use a translator to help me with some vocabulary and learn many things. I am happy about that. In the same time, i feel... how to say.... anxious?

because it's make so many things to think about before eating. For now, it don't matter, i have time, but soon i will have less. Then, i am anxious to drop all because i miss time.

Hum, i read myself and not sure i say it rigth. It's clear i do effort and will continue. Just... can we keep it sample eating?

I want to learn saine behavior with food, stop to overeating and all that kind things. And since few days, i feel more obsessed than before by the food...
    I think I am a bit lost...
  • a_new_mii
    a_new_mii Posts: 53
    Options
    What I love about this article, is that it makes perfect sense to me. This is basically what I live by day to day. I just figured it out on my own. I only eat whole- unprocessed grains, whole foods, raw when possible. (I've always said that the more digested it is before you eat it, the more likely it will make you fat).
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    great article
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    great article, thanks for posting. :smile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, it's many things to think before eating.......

it's complicated to eat healthy. Since few days i am on MFP, and i read here and there, use a translator to help me with some vocabulary and learn many things. I am happy about that. In the same time, i feel... how to say.... anxious?

because it's make so many things to think about before eating. For now, it don't matter, i have time, but soon i will have less. Then, i am anxious to drop all because i miss time.

Hum, i read myself and not sure i say it rigth. It's clear i do effort and will continue. Just... can we keep it sample eating?

I want to learn saine behavior with food, stop to overeating and all that kind things. And since few days, i feel more obsessed than before by the food...
    I think I am a bit lost...

It can be really overwhelming when you first start. If it is about a lifestyle change, you don't have to fix all of your unhealthy habits at once. Going slowly will help you maintain healthy living. Try focusing on changing stopping one or two of your unhealthy habits and adding one or two healthy ones. When you become comfortable with that, pick one or two more changes and eventually you will be where you want to be. You don't have to change a life time of unhealthy choices over night. You'll probably see better success if you go at a pace you can maintain.
    Don't give up. You can totally do this.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, who is Terry Christian? When I tried to look him/her up, all I found was a U.K. Radio/TV personality. I wasn't able to find anything fitness/health related.
  • devines
    devines Posts: 5
    Options
    This information is very helpful. I'm printing it out and posting it on my fridge. Thanks!!!
  • MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    this article was soooo helpful!
    Thanks for posting :flowerforyou:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. Protein/carbs in the morning, protein/fat at night. I did not know about avoiding fruits at night! I was always told that they were the better choice to eat at night. As for nuts, I was not aware that they contained healthy fats. I think maybe I'll started purchasing them for snacking.
  • betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    Very interesting article.

I just ate some almonds for a snack at 10:30 and am saving my fruit for this afternoon. I'll be sure to reverse that tomorrow.